• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Slayer vs The Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he doesn't start with the berserker sphere he just has the breaker sphere. Second Bleach's soul manipulation isn't based on ap so the Doom Slayer instantly dies anyways. Third I need to work on an art assignment so I'll gone for a while.

Keeweed said:
By the amount of souls you can affect at once.
Ok doomguy can resist and entire battalion of lost sou trying to posses him at once. And again Ichigo at this point only aura crushed Rukia who was a 7-C at the time and he was a 7-A

DTG499 said:
Keeweed said:
By the amount of souls you can affect at once.
Ok doomguy can resist and entire battalion of lost sou trying to posses him at once. And again Ichigo at this point only aura crushed Rukia who was a 7-C at the time and he was a 7-A
Not AP based, stop bringing it up. Can you show a video or something of DoomGuy doing that? Regardless, I'm not even sure if Keeweed is right, I've seen people argue it's based on how many souls you can affect, whilst others have said it's based on the soul with the most resistances they've affected.

It's both. The amount of people you can effect and over coming resistances both matter towards soul manipulation effectiveness (though there was revision trying to change it recently).

I'm working on my art assignment I just noticed this when I was trying to look something else up for the assignments

Not AP based, stop bringing it up. Can you show a video or something of DoomGuy doing that? Regardless, I'm not even sure if Keeweed is right, I've seen people argue it's based on how many souls you can affect, whilst others have said it's based on the soul with the most resistances they've affected.

The lore states that between the events of DOOM64 and DOOM2016 he was constantly surrounded by countless hordes of demons for eons. Which would include the lost souls which when in large groups almost always attack at the same time. So we could interpret that statement as dozens of them or an entire army attacking at once.

DTG499 said:
The lore states that between the events of DOOM64 and DOOM2016 he was constantly surrounded by countless hordes of demons for eons. Which would include the lost souls which when in large groups almost always attack at the same time. So we could interpret that statement as dozens of them or an entire army attacking at once.
Not enough evidence to assume that, definitely not direct enough to suggest his Soul was being simultaneously attacked by dozens if not hundreds of Lost Souls, you're really reaching here.

Ok so you're telling that during his billion+ years of rampaging through hell, that the demons never once had an army of lost souls attack him at once when there are statements saying that there are literally an Infinte amount of demons. And that you are also saying that all it would take to kill doomguy is just a couple more lost souls attacking him at once. When the lore states that all the demons in hell attacking him at once and he came out on top without a scratch on him.

DTG499 said:
Ok so you're telling that during his billion+ years of rampaging through hell, that the demons never once had an army of lost souls attack him at once when there are statements saying that there are literally an Infinte amount of demons. And that you are also saying that all it would take to kill doomguy is just a couple more lost souls attacking him at once. When the lore states that all the demons in hell attacking him at once and he came out on top without a scratch on him.
I'm saying that statement is nowhere near direct enough to give DoomSlayer the Soul Resistance you're arguing he has, since you're arguing they all attacked him with soul based attacks simultaneously which is complete conjecture, we never see that happen during this "billion+ years", it's never stated to have happened then so there's no reason to assume as such. I can legitimately show you a Bleach feat where a Bleach character rips out the souls of a hundred if not hundreds of people all at once, and the best you can show me is an extremely vague statement that isn't even focusing on what you're trying to argue.

@DTG

Hmmm .... so what you are saying is, Doomguy has resistance in the dozens? Even if we steelman that argument Ichigo > Yammy who accidentally RC'd Tatsuki who resists soul rip in the 100s. Whenever Bleach characters fight, they raise their reiatsu far beyond what is passively released.

I'm saying bare minimum and most likely in the 100s to thousands. We are using the Ichigo that's pre that fight anyway. This all under the assumption that his aura is has passive soul manip and it doesn't since it's not listed. So go make a CRT to get it listed then come back to the thread.

Uh .... no. The Ichigo that fights Yammy when he and Ulq first pull up to Karakura is Post Bankai Training Ichigo. In fact, he is a weaker version of the PBT Ichigo that fights Byakuya due to his reiatsu fluctuating like crazy so the Ichigo for this match up would soul crush even harder.

There is no assumption. The aura is literally the reiatsu crush that blatantly targets the soul. The only CRT that needs to be made is by you to say that RC isn't soul manip because it is already accepted be such.

DTG499 said:
I'm saying bare minimum and most likely in the 100s to thousands.
That many Lost Souls wouldn't be able to hit the Doom Slayer all at once even if he stood still. Lost Souls are rather large so only 5 to 12 of them would be able to hit the Slayer before the other ones get in the way. It is literally impossible for Doom Slayer to get that level of soul resistance based off lost souls.

Well this thread was probably for naught, according to some trusted members on this site DoomSlayer's 7-A rating isn't even applicable to his physicals, meaning Ichigo stomps even if you disregard Soul Crush.

That many Lost Souls wouldn't be able to hit the Doom Slayer all at once even if he stood still. Lost Souls are rather large so only 5 to 12 of them would be able to hit the Slayer before the other ones get in the way. It is literally impossible for Doom Slayer to get that level of soul resistance based off lost souls.

It's defiantly possible they are non physical beings.

Purgy said:
Well this thread was probably for naught, according to some trusted members on this site DoomSlayer's 7-A rating isn't even applicable to his physicals, meaning Ichigo stomps even if you disregard Soul Crush.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions they are working on the urdak calc right now and it's looking like it's either going to be 6-C or low 6-B

1) Even if the lost souls were non physical they can still hit each other so they would still get in each other's way.

2) It is a massive assumption to assume hundreds of Lost Soul managed to all hit the Doom Slayer at once when we never hear or see that many Lost Souls at a single time.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Soul crush and invisibility that can't be detected in the slightest by those not spiritually aware.
Doomguy has a shown the ability to see invisible objects, beings and souls. And overwhelming aura is not listed as souls manip.

Votes haven't been counted for either since the first two. And Ichigo's stuff is more of a stomp argument than a vote. Also, I had forgotten about RC when I gave my earlier vote, so I agree Ichigo stomps with it.

so i guess 2 people vote Soul Crush GG then?

******* hell why cant we find good Bleach matchups with anything besides high tier verses

1. How does yammy's aura feat even scale to Ichigo?

2. Ichigo at this point has never soul crushed one shot someone.

3. Go make that CRT and get the soul aura listed.

4. Since when does Tatsuki resist a count of a 100 soul rips?

2) He doesn't soul crush one shot people because everyone he fights has soul resistance.

3) It doesn't need to be listed. Soul Crushing has been know for years and he already has soul manipulation on his profile. Not every application of a power needs to be on a profile.

Also it's funny that you say we need to add Soul Crushing to the profile before we can argue it, but then claimed Lost Souls are Non-Corporeal when it isn't on their profiles.

4) It doesn't even matter in the first place since Doom Slayer is currently baseline in his resistances.

He is right that it should be properly explained on the profile, just saying that they can cut souls with their zanpakuto is a massive misrepresentation of the soul reapers' capacity for soul manipulation.

Also, if it for some reason wasn't soul based, Doomslayer doesn't exactly have resistance to paralysis inducement and deconstruction. It would still be just as bad for him.

It defiantly matters when she resisted soul manipulation that had the potency of 100s of soul rips because as it stands on her profile she only has soul manipulation resist from almost dying from being next to yammy. That deconstruction and paralysis is defiantly based on AP gap. Doomguy is not baseline in soul manip resist we already established that.

"Doomguy is not baseline in soul manip resist we already established that."

There is no "we", you claimed that hundreds of lost souls all hit the Doom Slayer at once and thus he has resistance to soul manipulation in the hundreds. However it is physically impossible for that many Lost Souls to be able to hit the Doom Slayer because they would physically get in each other's way.

" That deconstruction and paralysis is defiantly based on AP gap."

It's a good thing Ichigo has the ap advantage. Also that isn't what people are arguing, people are arguing for Soul Crush.

Yammy's exact number doesn't matter because Bleach is above baseline by default since everyone has soul resistance, since everyone can attack souls, and people have been able to soul crush people with these resistances. Meanwhile the Slayer is the definition of baseline.

No that is literally the most lowballed you can put it, and ignores the feats they do have.

The Doomslayer doesn't scale above it, unless you make a CRT he is baseline.

Hey look all I've been hearing is that ichigo is a quantifiable amount above baseline. I know for a fact that doomguy is not listed as baseline because then that would mean that all it would take is 2 lost souls to kill doomguy which is absolutely ridiculous. The numbers matter when comparing resistance not the level of soul/mind hax you can resist. I know this because you are the one who told me that.

Yeah the number is how we measure it but the character has to be stated or shown to resist soul manipulation. It's much more likely the 7-A Slayer just obliterates Lost Souls whenever he gets somewhat close to them, rather than multiple Lost Souls all managing to land suicide attacks on the Slayer all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back