• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sentry VS Post-Crisis Martian Manhunter

Sentry takes it in AP and Dura, being around 1.6x times stronger than the Martian. Ronald also has better healing factor, Low-Godly compared to Low-High.

Speed definitely goes to the Martian, and will probably be his biggest asset here.

MM might beable to overpower Sentries mind barriers, and Sentry can hax him with the Matter Manipulation.

I'll probably have to go Inconclusive, Manhunter is so much faster than I don't think Sentry is gonna beable to get him with the Matter Manipulation, or even get into fisticuffs. Manhunter may beable to heal from getting Matter Manipulated anyways, it seems close, but I don't know if J'onn will beable to beat Ronald out of his Sentry transformation, and his Shape Shifting would allow him to grow extra arms, to further deal out more damage.

Actually, I think Manhunter has this. With his immense speed he'll beable to unleash dozens of blows before the Sentry could probably eradicate him with his superior hax, which the Martian doesn't resist, and his regen and shape shifting may help him if he's scimmed by it while going for his superior speed.

Equalizing speed is definitely gonna make this a stomp I feel, but without it, I think MM takes this handily, by beating Ronald out of his Sentry state by being many times faster, probably breaking through his mind barriers, or straight up using his Soul Manipulation on him with his Telepathy. +1 for the Martian.

J'onn's soul manipulation was subconscious. It wasn't something he could just do at the drop of a hat, and even if it was, it directly involved his telepathy.

Which brings me to my other point; J'onn's telepathy is not going to be a reliable winning move against someone whose mind can resist and keep out the likes of Emma Frost and Charles Xavier.

The thing is, most of DC's speed feats are getting negged and we haev stuff like Nate Grey's calc and the Quintillion to Sextillion calcs for Loki and Thor, so I doubt it's even a speed blitz for supes to begin with.

J'onn doesn't instantly use Soul Manipulation in character at all, it's just mostly something he did for his race only, and hasn't actually directly used it in battle ever afaik.

Sentry can actually just mind wipe J'onn suprisingly, or just slap tf out of him

Hykuu said:
J'onn doesn't instantly use Soul Manipulation in character at all, it's just mostly something he did for his race only, and hasn't actually directly used it in battle ever afaik.
This exactly. Soul Manipulation comes from him subconsciously preventing the Martian race from ascending to the afterlife with his telepathy. He never just ripped out anyone's soul mid-combat or anything like that. To my recollection, there's absolutely no proof that he can.

Hykuu said:
Sentry can actually just mind wipe J'onn suprisingly, or just slap tf out of him
I don't think mindhax is going to work on the guy who could shield his mind from that entire race of beings who (together) were able to telepathically enslave the rest of the JL. Slapping the shit out of him should work just fine as far as KOing him is concerned, though. (Because yes, J'onn has been knocked out before.)

I don't think that the White Martians are that impressive tbh. But I don't think it really matters since Sentry would win anyway.

I wasn't talking about the White Martians. I was referring to the En'Tarans. They enslaved the JLA when the latter attempted to get involved in their business on Rann, and Manhunter was the only one to shield himself from them telepathically.

Although no, it doesn't make that much of a difference in the end.

Probably because Wonder Woman's main speed feat we've been using for so long is a giant outlier.

People who are consistently faster than her have struggled with lesser speed feats plenty of times, and yet we've been scaling them all to that one feat of hers for...reasons...

Also because most of Flash's calcs were just flat out calc stacking, and most of the legit calcs are like billions to trillions

Back