• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Scout and Johnny Cage in: Fortress of Kombat 2 grace

I've watched the Meet the Team videos many times, and I don't recall Scout blatantly dodging bullet fire from the level 1 sentry in his video. You might have to consider that there were multiple targets alongside Scout which might've affected how the sentry was targeting and shooting at them, not to mention that the sentry was on the high ground which lessens its view on targets who go below it, which Scout did when he entered the covered railway that it was standing on. Compared to the multiple sentries in Meet the Engineer that can take on a small army of mercs, I don't think Scout's feat is impressive.
True though I noticed that in one of the shots where he is away from his team he seems to be getting shot at by something. it could be the sentry or possibly a heavy, we hear his minigun firing and that was while a soldier and pyro were also firing at him up close. Also if your looking for feats of him dodging sentry gun fire their was something like that in one of the older trailers I’ll look for it

I've been busy for the past few days so I haven't really had the time to pick through Ecstasy's and my own arguments. I'll try to look stuff over in the next few days.

Ok, I'm back.

1.) Scout's scattergun has a decent enough spread to land at least a few pellets each shot and with the limbs being the outward-protruding most part of the body, Johnny is going to get worn down, meaning he's be moving slower and easier to hit.
2.) If Scout is atop something in the hangar but isn't able to shoot Cage, he's still in an advantageous position, especially after using one of his weapons that causes bleed.
3.) Sentries prioritize targeting the players that enter its range bubble first. It likely wasn't focusing on the other mercenaries until Scout has already passed.
4.) Ok, fair enough, but I'm stubborn so that alone isn't going to change my mind.
5.) Can I have a video to Reptile's and Baraka's jumping prowess? Thank you

Scout's scattergun has a decent enough spread to land at least a few pellets each shot and with the limbs being the outward-protruding most part of the body, Johnny is going to get worn down, meaning he's be moving slower and easier to hit.
Cage isn't the Heavy where's he such a big whopping target that makes up most of Scout's vision. He is going to be moving around a lot on foot or with his powers, which boosts his speed in short bursts. Not to mention that Cage has actual bullet dodging feats. Granted, speed equalized removes the speed aspect of his dodging feats, but it doesn't remove the entire feat. Don't see how a shotgun is so much of a threat to him compared to Cage dodging bullets, keeping up with other fellow bullet dodgers in battle, reacting to Shinnok's beams, etc.

The last part may not apply to him in this key especially with speed equal, but the experience is still there in his memory and skill.
If Scout is atop something in the hangar but isn't able to shoot Cage, he's still in an advantageous position, especially after using one of his weapons that causes bleed.
Not really. What I was trying to say is that the cover puts them on neutral. Being safe on top of some cover is an advantage, but that advantage is cancelled by Scout not being able to shoot or reach Cage. Scout's advantage and disadvantage cancel each other out, because you're in a spot where you can't do anything significant to your enemy, same goes for Cage thanks to the cover and range that protects Scout from him. So he has no advantage or disadvantage.

As for his bleed, that comes from his cleaver and the Christmas wrapper/ball. That's not standard equipment looking at his profile, so it's not included here. Even if it were included, I don't see why Cage can just...dodge? In speed equalized? He's dodged projectiles better than those anyways.
Sentries prioritize targeting the players that enter its range bubble first. It likely wasn't focusing on the other mercenaries until Scout has already passed.
Looking at Meet the Scout again, Demo and Soldier ran ahead of Scout, with Medic following closely behind. So the sentry might've been targeting them first, not Scout, which makes Scout's dodging feat moooooooot. It doesn't help that its shots were spread randomly, and it almost seemed like no one was dodging the rounds that were just not hitting Scout's team at all.
Can I have a video to Reptile's and Baraka's jumping prowess? Thank you
Reptile's jumps in cutscenes. And a video showcasing him applying his aerial acrobatics in combat in the form of his animations.

Baraka's jump, including a moveset video. Granted that Baraka is less nimble than Reptile with his few lunging attacks compared to Reptile's multiple jumping attacks, I'm confident that Baraka's fighting style contributed to Cage's skill in fighting a variety of quick opponents that he accumulated throughout the years of being a learned MK kombatant and Special Forces consultant.

1.) I mean yeah sure, he's going to dodge some but not all of them. He has been grazed by random gunfire from Black Dragon goons, and Scout far better off than they are.
2.) When I mean in advantage, I mean it's a rather safe area for him for recover, catch his breath, come up with a plan (probably a bad one since he's not very bright) or find a way to flank around Cage, use Bonk!, idk anything of the sort. Why shouldn't it be part of his standard equipment in this match? His backpack likely has a decent amount of space for his lighter tools.
3.) I'm still too stubborn.
4.) Those are more of horizontal jumps. Granted, it is impressive so it does retract from my statement a bit. (Let's also ignore Goro's original MK bullshit because he just uses it as surprise attacks, not really in the same vein as high mobility + shooting a gun).

Does Scout know that he'll get his ass kicked if he gets too close to Cage? Because if he does then I don't find it too unlikely that he'll try to attack from long range with a pistol.

From my understanding of Cage's fireball attacks, he has to actually throw it, right? Like a baseball? Doesn't sound very spammable, and iirc they travel relatively slow. If Scout decides to camp him out from afar then he will be landing many more attacks than Cage will be able to dish out, wearing Johnny out until it's time for the final blow with the scattergun.

All of this is only if Scout decides to fight from afar, which, granted, is not particularly in character but the setup of the fight tells us that Scout knows who Cage is, watched some of his action movies and definitely knows that he's good at CQC, and once he realizes he can shoot fireballs he really is going to maximize the distance between him and Cage.

I'm still open to other arguments though.

Scouts been through alot recently

Someone stronger and faster then him in an up close melee fight

Teleporting British lady

person he wouldn’t want to fight in canon

and now man who’s bloodline was made to fight gods

atleast he beat Fortnite

Back