• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
Speed equal
Both 9-A
Battle takes place in Marineford
Johnny's equipment is restricted
SBA for everything else

Luffy Fan Casting for One Piece Live Action Cast | myCast - Fan Casting  Your Favorite Stories
Video Game 52 on X: Johnny Cage: Mortal Kombat X (2015) ENetherRealm  #Studios #Game Fan #Art #JohnnyCage #MortalKombatX #fanart #PS4 #PC  https://t.co/PUZfIvxH7Q / X

Johnny Cage:

Luffy: (Stillwinston, Dalesean027, Mariogoods, Ryuga21, Spilxson2, AThe1412, Robo432343)

Incon:

Last edited:
Tbf I don't see blunt damage reduction helping against Johnny's energy projectiles though, unless we've got proof otherwise (Not seen the show so is why I'm asking)

Tbf I don't see blunt damage reduction helping against Johnny's energy projectiles though, unless we've got proof otherwise (Not seen the show so is why I'm asking)
Energy would probably hurt luffy yes, and Johnny has the skill advantages although luffy has the range, ap, and lifting strength advantage so it even it out a bit

Johnny should hold a significant skill edge here, even back in MK9 he was able to defeat Sonya while likely holding back who had years of military experience as evidenced by her high rank in special forces. Then by the time of MK11 he had decades of experience and defeated Scorpion and Sub Zero among others.

For range both have tens of meters and Cage can chuck projectiles the size of himself. AP, Cage can amp himself. For LS I glanced at a couple of Luffy's fights but he didn't seem to really restrain or wrap people up though I think I saw him judo tossing someone.

Johnny should hold a significant skill edge here, even back in MK9 he was able to defeat Sonya while likely holding back who had years of military experience as evidenced by her high rank in special forces. Then by the time of MK11 he had decades of experience and defeated Scorpion and Sub Zero among others.

For range both have tens of meters and Cage can chuck projectiles the size of himself. AP, Cage can amp himself. For LS I glanced at a couple of Luffy's fights but he didn't seem to really restrain or wrap people up though I think I saw him judo tossing someone.
He definitely does use his LS he does so in at least one of his 3 major fights, he overpowered and restrained Kuro with his LS

Okay I think I might have seen that clip now, assuming its the one where they're in a room or smth. Well Johnny assuming he got restrained like that could use a backflip kick to attack, alternatively he could slip into the splits at the last second and dodge the headbutt and then slide under Luffy or smth. Also some of the attacks are very visual and Johnny has fought and defeated Scorpion who employs similar body moves to use his spear so he'd not be unfamiliar with the movements.

Luffy might be acrobatic but Johnny has fought and defeated the likes of Reptile, Kano, Sub Zero and Sektor. All of whom are agile and use powers that support it such as teleportation or being nimble enough to turn into a ball and fling oneself at the enemy. I'm voting Johnny here mid difficulty. He can bridge the ap gap and range with his energy powers and has far better skill here.

Okay I think I might have seen that clip now, assuming its the one where they're in a room or smth. Well Johnny assuming he got restrained like that could use a backflip kick to attack, alternatively he could slip into the splits at the last second and dodge the headbutt and then slide under Luffy or smth. Also some of the attacks are very visual and Johnny has fought and defeated Scorpion who employs similar body moves to use his spear so he'd not be unfamiliar with the movements.
I mean you can make any assumption on what combo he would do just as I could assume Luffy would open with a devastating combo myself but Gum Gum bell isn't the only instance of Luffy using his superior LS in a fight, he does so against Arlong as well when he overpowers his grip preventing arlong from Pulling his sword before he snaps it into pieces. Looking at Luffy's 4 big fights against Morgan he has the upper hand and Zoro finishes the Job (luffy doesn't grab in this fight), Against Kuro and Arlong he restrains both of them at some point before either attacking and destroying any weapons used, and finally Garp, Garp was just massively stronger than Luffy and he stood no chance with no real LS advantage so I wouldn't count that against his showing.

With that said getting into said fight I agree Johnny is much more experienced however Luffy isn't just helpless here by any means else this would be a skillstomp which its not. Going back to the specific combo you used though you absolutely need to consider that speed is equalized and out of being restrained Johnny isn't just breaking out of Luffy's grip be it by backflip kicking or just magically slipping out of Luffy's grip especially with Luffy having an almost 2x the AP and Dura of Johnny on top of having resistance to Blunt attacks, considering as much I'm extremely doubtful a backflip kick would break his grip if he could even begin to backflip considering the LS difference, like slipping out is just as unlikely. If Luffy has a grip on any part of him there's not much Johnny could do to get out aside from imbuing his attacks with energy or using like ranged forceballs which again this is speed equalized so from a distance that's something that's more easily avoidable for Luffy than not.

We've ofc no reason to assume energy attack won't be as effective on Luffy but if he can't imbue like every one of his hits with it and spam it constantly then that doesn't really equate to much aside from getting a few good shots in here and there with most being resisted to some degree. As far as I'm seeing from the profile's Johnny nor the other MK guys have any really crazy acrobatics showings aside from Reptile's ball thing and just running on walls and doing insane flips and stuff are also present in the One Piece live action so I think both are handling movement's well within their respective skillsets when it comes to both of them.

All that said Luffy usually immediately always opens up with a Gum Gum Pistol and ranged punches as he moves forward to close the distance and continue the fight from standard melee range. This is also no mentioning Luffy has damage boost via stretching and spinning his body so the AP gap widens even more on a regular basis.

I mean you can make any assumption on what combo he would do just as I could assume Luffy would open with a devastating combo myself but Gum Gum bell isn't the only instance of Luffy using his superior LS in a fight, he does so against Arlong as well when he overpowers his grip preventing arlong from Pulling his sword before he snaps it into pieces. Looking at Luffy's 4 big fights against Morgan he has the upper hand and Zoro finishes the Job (luffy doesn't grab in this fight), Against Kuro and Arlong he restrains both of them at some point before either attacking and destroying any weapons used, and finally Garp, Garp was just massively stronger than Luffy and he stood no chance with no real LS advantage so I wouldn't count that against his showing.
Johnny won't sit there and let himself be grabbed. Again he's fought the likes of Scorpion and one of his main gimmicks is trying to drag you around with a spear rope.
With that said getting into said fight I agree Johnny is much more experienced however Luffy isn't just helpless here b any means else this would be a skillstomp which its not. Going back to the specific combo you used though you absolutely need to consider that speed is equalized and out of being restrained Johnny isn't just breaking out of Luffy's grip be it by backflip kicking or just magically slipping out of Luffy's grip especially with Luffy having an almost 2x the AP and Dura of Johnny on top of having resistance to Blunt attacks, considering as much I'm extremely doubtful a backflip kick would break his grip if he could even begin to backflip considering the LS difference, like slipping out is just as unlikely. If Luffy has a grip on any part of him there's not much Johnny could do to get out aside from imbuing his attacks with energy or using like ranged forceballs which again this is speed equalized so from a distance that's something that's more easily avoidable for Luffy than not.
Johnny can spam energy strikes, all it takes is a gesture to throw forceballs. Heck in that instance he could just do a knee to the nuts as well.

We've ofc no reason to assume energy attack won't be as effective on Luffy but if he can't imbue like every one of his hits with it and spam it constantly then that doesn't really equate to much aside from getting a few good shots in here and there with most being resisted to some degree. As far as I'm seeing from the profile's Johnny nor the other MK guys have any really crazy acrobatics showings aside from Reptile's ball thing and just running on walls and doing insane flips and stuff are also present in the One Piece live action so I think both are handling movement's well within their respective skillsets when it comes to both of them.
Johnny can though, he does it with his shadow kicks. His uppercuts and flips and throwing his clones out to attack. There's more than just acrobatics that they posses, Scorpion can teleport and appear right behind you in a flash. Sub Zero can slide around with ice and make weapons out of thin air etc. Sektor iirc can literally teleport out of the ground to uppercut you and thensome which had onto their mobility to make them even more lethal and again Johnny beat them clean.

All that said Luffy usually immediately always opens up with a Gum Gum Pistol and ranged punches as he moves forward to close the distance and continue the fight from standard melee range. This is also no mentioning Luffy has damage boost via stretching and spinning his body so the AP gap widens even more on a regular basis.
Johnny'd be more than content to play ranged at the start too, AP gap is like 2x to start, not enough to really make a difference and again Johnny amps himself so its not a deal breaker.

Are morals on here? Cuz johnny is a super egocentric person, in fights he often loses for underestimating his opponents
Per SBA the characters are in character but are willing to fight, so it’s reasonable to assume Johnny wouldn’t immediately take a skinny teenager seriously

I mean this is MK11 Johnny I'm assuming, he likely won't really mess around comparing him to his past self in their chapter. That said I doubt either will kill the other in a fight though

Johnny won't sit there and let himself be grabbed. Again he's fought the likes of Scorpion and one of his main gimmicks is trying to drag you around with a spear rope.
Sorry but the same can be said for almost anyone on the wiki Luffy likewise will also not sit there and let himself be wailed on.

And I know.mortal kombst man you don't explain what the chatacters do gameplay wise,
Johnny can spam energy strikes, all it takes is a gesture to throw forceballs. Heck in that instance he could just do a knee to the nuts as well.
No he could not do a knee to the nuts after being restrained he would have to break free of Luffy's grip to be able to drop that low and also
Johnny can though, he does it with his shadow kicks. His uppercuts and flips and throwing his clones out to attack. There's more than just acrobatics that they posses, Scorpion can teleport and appear right behind you in a flash. Sub Zero can slide around with ice and make weapons out of thin air etc. Sektor iirc can literally teleport out of the ground to uppercut you and thensome which had onto their mobility to make them even more lethal and again Johnny beat them clean.
In regards to you saying this I'm very much curious in which cutscenes are we shown Johnny spamming all of his shadow attack, I mena obviously for fighting games characters movelist are apart of their techniques so they do technically have access to everything but nothing outside of cutscene really indicates he'll do said combos or respond in these ways when faced with the position Luffy puts him in, so I'd like to see actual cutscenes of Johnny responding like this.
Johnny'd be more than content to play ranged at the start too, AP gap is like 2x to start, not enough to really make a difference and again Johnny amps himself so its not a deal breaker.
Okay please show me any scenes where he opts to doing so because so far you've built your argument off of his movelist without and while you can use that its not an answer to how he would canonically fight whether he'd spam with range or melee or whether he'd keep amping himself with each attack, the move list acts to say he can do said things and any fighting the player does acts as gameplay not as evidence of what Johnny does in character so I'll need to see some cutscenes.

Also again Luffy has damage boost on top of blunt damage absorption so the gap generally still above 2x

Back