• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Just a note that Jason Aaron did not severely mess up Thor's origin story after all in the recent "Avengers 1,000,000 B.C." comic book, as Thor's mother is still Gaea, the elder Earth goddess. In fact, the story was quite good in my mind.

It seems like my minor Wikipedia activism in that regard might have helped, as I publicly cited some of the occasions where it has been proven that Thor is Gaea's son in other stories via Thor's page there partially in order to prevent Aaron from destroying Thor any further than he already has.

However, Aaron still continued Matt Fraction's work to twist Marvel's version of Odin from a righteous, wise, brave, and benevolent ruler to a ruthless, chauvinistic, impulsive, and tyrannical massive bastard. That is more in line with the mythological version mind you, but nevertheless, I rather liked Tom DeFalco's interpretation of the character.

Last edited:
Just a note that Jason Aaron did not severely mess up Thor's origin story after all in the recent "Avengers 1,000,000 B.C." comic book, as his mother is still Gaea, the elder Earth goddess. In fact, the story was quite good in my mind.
Cool
However, Aaron still continued Matt Fraction's work to twist Marvel's version of Odin from a righteous, wise, brave, and benevolent ruler to a ruthless, chauvinistic, impulsive, and tyrannical massive bastard. That is more in line with the mythological version mind you, but nevertheless, I rather liked Tom DeFalco's interpretation of the character.
I absolutely despise Jason Aaron’s portrayal of Odin through and through

I absolutely despise Jason Aaron’s portrayal of Odin through and through
I despise most of Aaron's Marvel Comics work. He seems to twist and defile almost everything that he touches in a morbid, revisionist, partisan, propagandistic, mirthless, and recurrently rather nihilistic manner.

Agreed.

Yes.

No, she is supposed to be an eccentric nerd from "our" world that ends up on a one-way trip to a world of fiction, and ends up way over her head due to a combination of crazy antics and initially having no superhuman powers by Marvel Comics standards. I have also heard that she was originally supposed to be a fictionalised version of the former Marvel editor Heather Antos, but that may be inaccurate information.

Anyway, the name was likely just to get attention from a mixture of "Spider-Gwen" (a really dumb name and idea in my view) and Deadpool (a thoroughly unlikeable character) fans, but I still rather like the character, as I mentioned above.

the cosplaying thing came from her Wikipedia article on publication history

“After seeing how many fans were cosplaying as a character who was not even featured in any comic, Marvel editor Jordan White approached writer Christopher Hastingsand editor Heather Antos with the task of creating a story around her. They would introduce the character with a three-issue backup story in the ongoing volume of Howard the Duck (November 2015–January 2016)[4][5]

E9puN0AWYAYKH2x.jpg:large

they made a Covid comic for the teens

But uh the bad guys are all wearing masks.

the cosplaying thing came from her Wikipedia article on publication history

“After seeing how many fans were cosplaying as a character who was not even featured in any comic, Marvel editor Jordan White approached writer Christopher Hastingsand editor Heather Antos with the task of creating a story around her. They would introduce the character with a three-issue backup story in the ongoing volume of Howard the Duck (November 2015–January 2016)[4][5]
Okay. Thank you for the information.

Yes, but shaking a universe is a 3-B to High 3-A feat if I have understood correctly, regardless if it affects 9 universes or not.

The Hulk has a feat of creating an earthquake across infinite universes, and that was only considered as High 3-A (and an outlier) by us.

Back