• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Yeah there are some good, some bad. But ultimately my biggest issue is tiers. I just dislike them in general and they are just too annoying to deal with.
Okay. No problem.

I think that we do need to upgrade Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Anti-Man, Gilgamesh, and similar characters to somewhere in tier 5 though.

Last edited:
Which Hyperion? 13034 doesn't even need the high 6c key as it's irrelevant and he has no scaling on that level other than wrecking everyone who faced him - unless weakened or explicitly trying not to fight back - which was like 1 instance or so.

King Hyperion, who scales to Blue Marvel, who can split Earth's moon in half with a single blow. Also, doesn't Gilgamesh have a 5-B feat as well?

Idk, king Hyperion was consistently a high 6c character too. Upgrading him would mean upgrading Hyperion 712, whom we currently consider equal to Thor and the Thing and Thundra.

At peak rating could work for the lack of a better option

I suppose that could work, yes.

Tho there is no in canon reasoning for King Hype like that. So idk. Probably should ask others to see what they think

Well, he did murder every hero on his planet, but the Exiles comic book tended to underrate virtually every Marvel character that wasn't part of the main cast. It had Thunderbird beating the Hulk, and Sabretooth outmuscling She-Hulk for example, and also used mismatched fights such as Psylocke versus James Jaspers if I do not misremember.

Well, they were alt reality versions of the characters who had different power sets. Most of it wasn't very illogical and made sense in context. So idk

Well, the writers seemed to think that the parallell characters were as powerful as the originals, and Chris Claremont has taken plenty of opportunities to overrate his pet characters and completely depower and humiliate the Hulk and She-Hulk over the years.

Of course, the characters in question were not actually presented as being nearly as powerful as the originals, but there were likely some serious biases as a basis for that.

Anyway, I am derailing. We should get back to the main track here.

main-qimg-8382c7336b3c469a9a4d6d1923dad9af-pjlq

can we all just admit how badass doom is here. (I mean it’s not doom at his normal power levels but it’s still cool)

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

I swear I remember somewhere that it was noted that Magneto's power was somehow increased shortly before the Onslaught storyline, which is what allowed him to manipulate Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton when that normally wouldn't be possible.

Albeit this was a long time ago and it was also a YouTube video talking about the comic, not something I got from reading the comic itself (Because I haven't read it), but it could be possible Magneto varies in power (Which sure as hell would explain at least some of his inconsistency)

I don't think that's true, although not in a manner you are describing it. I don't remember that happening at all. But in case it did, it wouldn't be varies. Moreso either external amp or accelerated development or something similar instead

That isn't a good example. Hulk and Thor each had the other's powers added to their own in the preceding issue of this storyline, so if both are exactly equal it should come down to skill and determination, and in those areas, Thor has a clear edge.

That isn't a good example. Hulk and Thor each had the other's powers added to their own in the preceding issue of this storyline, so it should come down to skill and determination, and in those areas, Thor has a clear edge.
the commentary is more important here than anything

Beta ray Bill confirms that Thor always held back in his fights with Hulk because he always saw some humanity in Hulk so thor >Hulk in their base forms if they are both bloodlusted

Also, as the story said itself, Thor has the rage of centuries of warfare empowering him, so he would get even stronger with the Hulk's rage-factor.

the commentary is more important here than anything

Beta ray Bill confirms that Thor always held back in his fights with Hulk because he always saw some humanity in Hulk so thor >Hulk in their base forms if they are both bloodlusted
That is another issue, but in this particular story they each had a copy of the other's power added to them.

Agreed. Would have loved it if they went for a different name.

I nearly skipped out on her because of the name lol. Don't like Deadpool or Gwen Stacey
Agreed.
let me guess Gwen Stacy and Deadpool
Yes.
I believe she just started out as an alternate universe character idea or whatever but fans cosplayed as her so much they give her her own backstory and series
No, she is supposed to be an eccentric nerd from "our" world that ends up on a one-way trip to a world of fiction, and ends up way over her head due to a combination of crazy antics and initially having no superhuman powers by Marvel Comics standards. I have also heard that she was originally supposed to be a fictionalised version of the former Marvel editor Heather Antos, but that may be inaccurate information.

Anyway, the name was likely just to get attention from a mixture of "Spider-Gwen" (a really dumb name and idea in my view) and Deadpool (a thoroughly unlikeable character) fans, but I still rather like the character, as I mentioned above.

Back