• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Dunno if we knew this already or not but the recent Venom issue gave us more insight into how time travel (the kind that doesn't create alternate timelines) works in Marvel as well as how Doom's time platform uses magic.
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

And here we learn that the reason Doom's time platform doesn't create alternate timelines is because it's part technology and part magic, leading to "true" time travel. Also if his time platform is damaged then it can self repair as long as its not completely destroyed.
image0.jpg

AIL4fc-FpsXw5tYX6D7PdWuJioT_iaz-UPlw74hzzMEvXXvAG49d62ZD8Tfauyctpy2rzsxwXtPkFgygtUiLtFBitUz6JsLchk0vOyk3zTdv8Snc_TuOP_Q=s1600

image.png

AIL4fc_KOt3frHwn0Ldv5EIge8jy6EFSL_Dapj7qP-AeKZw14PVcjTORqfRlxCcYcmyiZ1D8JOl4o_TTqb2nrlZruTK-NWovmIEOnd1Czju1YdTIKf598q8=s1600

He can even summon his time platform while outside of regular physical space.
AIL4fc_JG1yfCurrrrhyP8VLP7xjHLgtkmUPc09nyUJOA1RV6y891wSwLAn4wzKMdjTgivmqATGCfJpzX9EfrXHrptkdatEYvRrne8zWgXHHhhSUKGRGDfw=s1600

Edit: Also I guess we can add this to Kang's BFR scan list since its a more modern example and the one that currently exists is pretty damn old.
image.png

Last edited:
I believe we should upgrade Captain America's shield's durability to High 1-B, as it withstood a hammer strike from Odinforce Thor and was only dented (Avengers Vol 3 #63). It's consistently portrayed as needing this level of force to break, as the five times it's been destroyed were by the Molecule Man (Avengers Vol 1 #215), which is durability negation from High 1-B molecular smurf hax, by Doctor Doom with the Beyonder's power (Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12), who is High 1-B, by the Beyonder's vibranium cancer (Captain America Vol 3 #21), which is durability negation and came from a wish with High 1-B potency, by Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet (Infinity Gauntlet Vol 1 #4), who is Low 1-A, and by Cul Borson augmented with humanity's fear (Fear Itself Vol 1 #5), who is High 1-B.
The Thorbuster armour that fought on par with King Thor is currently rated as High 3-A, but if that gets upgraded to High 1-B, I don't have a major issue with upgrading Cap's shield yet
This seems fine to me at least.

Dunno if we knew this already or not but the recent Venom issue gave us more insight into how time travel (the kind that doesn't create alternate timelines) works in Marvel as well as how Doom's time platform uses magic.
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

And here we learn that the reason Doom's time platform doesn't create alternate timelines is because it's part technology and part magic, leading to "true" time travel. Also if his time platform is damaged then it can self repair as long as its not completely destroyed.
image0.jpg

AIL4fc-FpsXw5tYX6D7PdWuJioT_iaz-UPlw74hzzMEvXXvAG49d62ZD8Tfauyctpy2rzsxwXtPkFgygtUiLtFBitUz6JsLchk0vOyk3zTdv8Snc_TuOP_Q=s1600

image.png

AIL4fc_KOt3frHwn0Ldv5EIge8jy6EFSL_Dapj7qP-AeKZw14PVcjTORqfRlxCcYcmyiZ1D8JOl4o_TTqb2nrlZruTK-NWovmIEOnd1Czju1YdTIKf598q8=s1600

AIL4fc_JG1yfCurrrrhyP8VLP7xjHLgtkmUPc09nyUJOA1RV6y891wSwLAn4wzKMdjTgivmqATGCfJpzX9EfrXHrptkdatEYvRrne8zWgXHHhhSUKGRGDfw=s1600

Edit: Also I guess we can add this to Kang's BFR scan list since its a more modern example and the one that currently exists is pretty damn old.
image.png
You can make CRT if you want.

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image0.jpg

image.png

image.png
This is some interesting stuff.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Tbf, looking at the panel it seems like Doom left and went into the timestream on his own, though he did seem to indicate that Kang would've BFR'd him there if he hadn't left himself so I guess BFR is fine.
Btw, anyone know if Doom gets some kind of power from being in the timestream itself (aka outside of physical space) without his platform and being perfectly fine?

@HigashikataJobin I genuinely think that PIS, especially with the change in tiers.

So uh, I mentioned it in Ultima's revision thread , but I genuinely think Franklin can be argued to be High 1-A
  • History of the Marvel Universe confirms that's he the absolute most powerful Mutant in Marvel's History, putting him above the likes of Jamie Braddock, HoM Scarlet Witch, and others. It isn't the first time he's been stated as the most powerful mutant, it's very consistent. It's just that History of the Marvel Universe is the most up to date and blatant statement of it.
  • Franklin is explicitly stated as capable of creating Multiverses during History of the Marvel Universe.
  • Harming Multi-Eternity during Abraxas Run, with Valeria (Keep in mind Valeria is supposedly Franklin's antithesis, she nerfs him and helps him control his powers, so he's weaker than then he normally is)
  • Was stated to be capable of destroying the Multiverse/Omniverse during the same run as the Abraxas Arc by guidebooks.
  • Stated to be a threat by Griever at the height of his powers as a Child God

Him being stated as being a rival to the Celestials shouldn't detract from him receiving High 1-A, since the Celestials' tiers varies depending on the Celestials in question and the highest known Celestials are High 1-A themselves.

Him being stated as being a rival to the Celestials shouldn't detract from him receiving High 1-A, since the Celestials' tiers varies depending on the Celestials in question and the highest known Celestials are High 1-A themselves.
I agree with everything except this, Celestials aren't High 1-A.
The Highest they reach is Low 1-A.
High 1-A Celestials are their true Multiversal forms.

@HigashikataJobin I genuinely think that PIS, especially with the change in tiers.

So uh, I mentioned it in Ultima's revision thread , but I genuinely think Franklin can be argued to be High 1-A
  • History of the Marvel Universe confirms that's he the absolute most powerful Mutant in Marvel's History, putting him above the likes of Jamie Braddock, HoM Scarlet Witch, and others. It isn't the first time he's been stated as the most powerful mutant, it's very consistent. It's just that History of the Marvel Universe is the most up to date and blatant statement of it.
  • Franklin is explicitly stated as capable of creating Multiverses during History of the Marvel Universe.
  • Harming Multi-Eternity during Abraxas Run, with Valeria (Keep in mind Valeria is supposedly Franklin's antithesis, she nerfs him and helps him control his powers, so he's weaker than then he normally is)
  • Was stated to be capable of destroying the Multiverse/Omniverse during the same run as the Abraxas Arc by guidebooks.
  • Stated to be a threat by Griever at the height of his powers as a Child God

Is this Child Franklin Richards?

I agree with everything except this, Celestials aren't High 1-A.
The Highest they reach is Low 1-A.
High 1-A Celestials are their true Multiversal forms.

I'm essentially saying that the Celestials at their peak are High 1-A, and thusly saying 'He's Celestial Level' shouldn't be enough to denounce him from being High 1-A if enough instances are provided of him being that level.

Is this Child Franklin Richards?
Well, it's regarding both Child and Adult Franklin. Child Franklin is the one who did the Multiversal Eternity Feat and is the one regarded in the guidebooks as capable of destroying the Multiverse/Omniverse during the Captain Britain/Abraxas Run. He was also regarded as the most powerful mutant in Marvel's History during the End of Universe storyline.

Adult Franklin is the one who is stated as capable of creating Multiverses

Well, it's regarding both Child and Adult Franklin. Child Franklin is the one who did the Multiversal Eternity Feat and is the one regarded in the guidebooks as capable of destroying the Multiverse/Omniverse during the Captain Britain/Abraxas Run. He was also regarded as the most powerful mutant in Marvel's History during the End of Universe storyline.

Adult Franklin is the one who is stated as capable of creating Multiverses
Am saying this because if this gets accepted it might cause an upgrade for two characters (or it will be regarded as an outlier)

Well, yes, I'm not sure who you plan to upgrade but if they feasibly scale to Franklin then yeah it should.

I mean it should upgrade End of Universe Franklin anyways since it's apparent that only they survived to the end of the MU. Heck Franklin confirmed he could've delayed it indefinitely had he had the ability to reality warp (It was explained there was no reality to warp so he was sort of a sitting duck).

Also, just a note that Franklin and the Scarlet Witch are not mutants anymore as far as I am aware.

Within which comic book issue did you find the scans?

Since God Emperor Doom has some of the power of the Beyonders, I think he should have the same P&A as them (including those of the Cosmic Cube and OG Beyonder).

Thoughts?

I'm not sure how good Storm's profile is, it says that she can keep up with Wolverine and dodge Mjolnir being thrown by Thor which should actually make her MFTL+! Why is Wolverine Hypersonic when he can fight the Hulk?!
This is also not mentioning that her Lightning Bolts aren't given a speed either!

Also, why isn't Wolverine MFTL+ either, it's not an outlier that he can keep up with the Hulk

Back