• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this will be just a brief, straightforward thread. Based on the new Marvel revisions, I humbly ask for a few of my Iron Man armor sandboxes to be reviewed and approved for publishing:

The scans and sources are all provided in the profiles themselves. If there is anything that needs to be edited, removed, or added, I'm all ears.

Bonus:
Regarding the Thorbuster, I'm going to play it safe and propose a "possbly far higher" rating, although a "possibly High 1-B" rating could potentially be possible:

Thor on Earth
As the profile states, we know that Model 22 Iron Man fought Odinforce Thor. (Iron Man Vol 3 #64) & (Avengers Vol 3 #63) While this version of Thor does have a Varies rating (thanks to the Odinsleep Factor), we see that Thor was heavily angered and hellbent on war during the altercation due to the many deaths of his followers and later from the fact that Iron Man had turned his gift into a weapon specifically against him. (Thor Vol 2 #58) Even when Thor went completely berserk, Iron Man was able to briefly hold his own until Thor broke the crystal empowering the Thorbuster. It was at that point Thor tore it apart rather easily. Based on all of this, it's not too plausible to say Thor wasn't holding back here, nor did he intend to. (Besides, one of the reasons we got Hulk's peak at High 1-B is from fighting a rather calm Odinforce Thor).

Nature of the Armor's Power
The armor is stated to possess the same enchantment that grants Mjolnir its strength. Tony also states that Thor's power will be absorbed and rechanneled through the armor. Doctor Doom earlier implied that Iron Man could fight Thor using a source that is energized by the God of Thunder's own power (which is precisely what the crystal empowering the armor does). Thor himself states that Iron Man had the power of his own wrath (all from Iron Man Vol 3 #64)

Now, in Mjolnir's profile, it states that the weapon draws its power from the God Tempest (See note). One thing I found about the God Tempest, thanks to Eseseso, was that it fought Odin for several days, with the fight ending in its sealing. (Mighty Thor (2016) #12) Since Odin also has a Varies rating, I'm not too confident that this will be viable for a High 1-B Mjolnir (for Model 22 to possibly scale to), so once again, I simply propose a "possibly far higher" rating using this as well. Or, we can wait for Ultima's Pt.3 revisions to go through before acknowledging this point.

Extra Bonus:
This bonus isn't related to Iron Man, more so Ghost Rider (Robby Reyes). In the same storyline where Model 61 was introduced, Robby piloted a dead Celestial to help fight against the Dark Celestials. Later on, Ghost Rider (while still piloting the Celestial) was chosen to channel the Uni-Mind of all of the Avengers, allowing him to one-shot the Dark Celestials. (Avengers (2018) #6)

Hence, I propose either:

Tier: High 1-B | At least High 1-B

Key: Celestial Ghost Rider
| Celestial Ghost Rider (Amped by the Uni-Mind)

or:

Tier: High 1-B, far higher with the Uni-Mind

Key: Piloting a Dead Celestial

Tally:
Agree:
Eseseso, Excel616, Gasper, HigashikataJobin, Marvel_Champion_07, LordTracer (Fine with solid High 1-B for Thorbuster), Maverick_Zero_X

Disagree:

Neutral:

Update (9/22/23):

Now that everything above has been accepted and applied, I have new propositions:

I would like for these two sandboxes to be reviewed:
Also one last thing:

I was reviewing Model 63 today, and I realized something. Here's its current justification:

At least Planet level (Tony Stark deemed that the Godbuster was too powerful to exist and sought the need to make it self-destruct, which should make it superior to other armors built around the same period of time. Arno Stark called the armor to be Tony's masterpiece. Ironheart described the suit as beyond anything she had ever seen)

Considering the bolded words in the justification, and the emergence of Model 61's new profile, wouldn't Model 63 be superior to it too?

Hence, I propose Model 63's rating be updated to High 1-B (Stated to be Tony's ultimate weapon, making it superior to Model 61)

Tally:
Agree:
Excel616, HenshinIntervention, LordTracer, Marvel_Champion_07, Tonygameman, Antvasima [3 Staff Votes]

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Aii update: so apparently in this point in the fight, the Thorbuster stops using Thor's own power against him, resorting to just a complete slugfest. Surprised I didn't notice this before, but yea this could be evidence that the armor is extremely powerful even without the gem. (Iron Man Vol3 64 & Avengers Vol3 #63)
Thank you for the input, Tracer. What do you think of this?

I'll continue waiting for more staff input (iirc you need about three for a revision to go through, right?). In the meantime, I'll eventually add Model 70 for review.
I’m not seeing where the Tier 7 ratings are coming from. In the first key, it links to the Model 4, which is only High 8-C+ (and its feat of ripping one of Stilt-Man’s arms would support that rating). Also, the “Contains half the power of his upgraded self” part of his first key’s justification is useless when his second key’s only justification is being twice as strong as his first key.

Also, the abilities aren’t formatted correctly, they’re outside of the tabbers.

I’m not seeing where the Tier 7 ratings are coming from. In the first key, it links to the Model 4, which is only High 8-C+ (and its feat of ripping one of Stilt-Man’s arms would support that rating). Also, the “Contains half the power of his upgraded self” part of his first key’s justification is useless when his second key’s only justification is being twice as strong as his first key.

Also, the abilities aren’t formatted correctly, they’re outside of the tabbers.
Ah I hadn't added it yet, but Korvac was stated to have power yielding around 48 Petawatts of energy (Post-Upgrades Iron Man fought him)

As for the abilities, I formatted it that way so I wouldn't mess up the references

It has been done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back