• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Just curious, why is taskmaster only wall level again? Because him not scaling to captain america honestly feels kinda just… wrong in my mind.
I personally also think that he has usually been portrayed as a serious challenge to Captain America, but may misremember.

Annihilus has an accepted old 4-A durability calc. I'm not sure whether it scales to his AP, but this should warrant a durability upgrade from 4-B
We might be able to use that at some point, yes, but unfortunately excessive chain-scaling and reliancy on very inconsistent portrayals/outliers have currently largely completely messed up our Marvel Comics character profile pages.

Last edited:
I personally also think that he has usually been portrayed as a serious challenge to Captain America, but may misremember.
No, I don’t think you’re misremembering. Because taskmaster has always been to be up their even when you think about it briefly. He’s always been up there as one of the greatest fighters in the entire marvel universe, and holds his own against superhero teams at a time. Though of course a large part of it comes down to godlike skill, but skill can only take you so far when iron-man and captain america are jumping you at the same time.

Hulk%2B012%2B%25282023%2529%2B%2528Digital%2529%2B%2528Zone-Empire%2529-000.jpg

Hulk Vol 5 #12

I want to make HOI Vision and GoS Loki. Can anyone help me? Would HOI Vision be 1-A? GoS loki has insane plot manip as well
House of Ideas Vision was just a very temporary power-up. It does not fulfill our requirements for being featured.

I thought that all of Jim Starlin's latest Marvel Comics stories do not fit with regular Marvel continuity and are non-canon.
That's not true, HOTU was referenced in the Thanos run which came shortly after Marvel: The End, and iirc that run lead to Annihilation.

Marvel Comics' Periodic Table guidebook
Okay, but how official is that guidebook? It is hard to fit Starlin's portrayal of Marvel Comics' supreme deity with that of Al Ewing's, for example.
That's not true, HOTU was referenced in the Thanos run which came shortly after Marvel: The End, and iirc that run lead to Annihilation.
Yes, but Tom Brevoort also stated that it is not considered to be official by Marvel's editorial department, and I was mainly thinking of Starlin's Marvel stories that came several years afterwards. Starlin seems to be an egomaniac who does his own thing, no matter how badly it fits with the stories of other writers, in general.

I can get behind the anti-feats the TOAA & AAO being the same (easily), and its anti-feats in that comic. People just think that he can't have anything that makes him look weak but that's made up, in the Imm. Hulk he was asked why caused bad things to happen and he pretty much replied "I have to. There needs to be a balance. No I can't use my powers so that there doesn't need to be a balance f*ck you".

It's funny because that means that if you try to fix the world in Marvel it's canon that an equal amount of bad things will happen anyway beyond your power. What a way to develop a being whose only weapon is love.

Okay, but how official is that guidebook? It is hard to fit Starlin's portrayal of Marvel Comics' supreme deity with that of Al Ewing's, for example.
It is licensed by Marvel. The writer of the guide has also published other licensed guides of both DC and Marvel.
Yes, but Tom Brevoort also stated that it is not considered to be official by Marvel's editorial department
He did but I think comics are more trustworthy than his statements.
and I was mainly thinking of Starlin's Marvel stories that came several years afterwards. Starlin seems to be an egomaniac who does his own thing, no matter how badly it fits with the stories of other writers, in general
I think we have to ways here-

1: Either treat his stories like DOTNG, which is considered canon by the company itself but far too contradictory for us

2: Use the concept of retcons and ignore those parts of Starlin's books that were retconned by Ewing

I can get behind the anti-feats the TOAA & AAO being the same (easily), and its anti-feats in that comic. People just think that he can't have anything that makes him look weak but that's made up, in the Imm. Hulk he was asked why caused bad things to happen and he pretty much replied "I have to. There needs to be a balance. No I can't use my powers so that there doesn't need to be a balance f*ck you".

It's funny because that means that if you try to fix the world in Marvel it's canon that an equal amount of bad things will happen anyway beyond your power. What a way to develop a being whose only weapon is love.
Or this is a third option as well. I think Defenders Beyond #5 also showed some anti-feats for TOAA directly.

So what do you suggest that we should do here then?

It is licensed by Marvel. The writer of the guide has also published other licensed guides of both DC and Marvel.
Licensed is not remotely the same as published by and officially embraced as a part of continuity.
He did but I think comics are more trustworthy than his statements.
Usually they would be, but Starlin also has a tendency to just do whatever he wants regardless if it fits into continuity or not.
I think we have to ways here-

1: Either treat his stories like DOTNG, which is considered canon by the company itself but far too contradictory for us
Starlin's latest stories have never been referenced by other writers in their Marvel Comics stories afterwards though, so I think that it would be a combination of no official combination of their veracity and that they did not fit with other official events.
2: Use the concept of retcons and ignore those parts of Starlin's books that were retconned by Ewing
I currently think that we should just ignore them (and would personally prefer if no writers as spiritually destructive as Starlin or even worse had ever been born), but if Eficiente has better ideas I am willing to listen.

Licensed is not remotely the same as published by and officially embraced as a part of continuity.
I would say it's still a part of continuity unless contradicted by the comics, in which case it obviously falls flat.

As for how we proceed and as for whether I want to downgrade TOAA, I am neutral for now, I think we need more input regarding the matter. I am willing to listen to Eficiente and the others for what they think.

What Anti-feats
Not exactly "anti-feats" but it did say TOAA wasn't supreme and that he himself had creators, and that TOAA was simply the highest point Blue Marvel and co. could visit.

Relating to my last post, I don't think TOAA has any explicit anti-feats, it just seems that there are a few characters scaling over him and he's not Top 1, but those characters are few and has few anti-feats themselves.

I would say it's still a part of continuity unless contradicted by the comics, in which case it obviously falls flat.
Even the official Marvel Comics handbooks have recurrently outright lied about the feats, events, and power levels displayed by many characters, such as by stating that Dormammu was completely unable to put up a fight against universal Eternity, that Odin does not even possess a planetary scale of power, and that Thor has an upper lifting strength level of 95 or 100 tons. They are evidently driven by the biases of the people who write them, or who give marching orders to the people who write them.
As for how we proceed and as for whether I want to downgrade TOAA, I am neutral for now, I think we need more input regarding the matter. I am willing to listen to Eficiente and the others for what they think.
@Eficiente
Not exactly "anti-feats" but it did say TOAA wasn't supreme and that he himself had creators, and that TOAA was simply the highest point Blue Marvel and co. could visit.

Relating to my last post, I don't think TOAA has any explicit anti-feats, it just seems that there are a few characters scaling over him and he's not Top 1, but those characters are few and has few anti-feats themselves.
The story was not referring to more powerful characters, but was rather a metafiction reference to the writers that reside in our real reality, and whether or not there is a truly supreme God residing over us as well. The comic book characters are not real and as such cannot reach anyhigher than the OAA who is still just a fictional representation of the writers at best.

Marvel really need a massive rework
Amen. Currently especially the tier 3-C and 2-C herald-level characters and the mish-mash scaling of different interpretations of the cosmology from very different eras on top of each other.

i need a 9-B marvel character to use but my opponent is 896,500 in joules not sure if there’s any marvel character that can match that without AP stomp
I dont know i was trying to help but unfortunatly Batroc doesnt even has a profile here. Well your character needs a very powerful ability/power otherwise i dont know

Even the official Marvel Comics handbooks have recurrently outright lied about the feats, events, and power levels displayed by many characters, such as by stating that Dormammu was completely unable to put up a fight against universal Eternity, that Odin does not even possess a planetary scale of power, and that Thor has an upper lifting strength level of 95 or 100 tons. They are evidently driven by the biases of the people who write them, or who give marching orders to the people who write them.
I don't think that's a good argument. Sure, some handbooks are bad, but this is more of a guidebook and just because some are bad doesn't mean others are. In those cases, we have evidence from the comics contradicting them. We would need some here as well.
@Eficiente
This still needs to be done.
The story was not referring to more powerful characters, but was rather a metafiction reference to the writers that reside in our real reality, and whether or not there is a truly supreme God residing over us as well. The comic book characters are not real and as such cannot reach anyhigher than the OAA who is still just a fictional representation of the writers at best.
Was there anything specific saying this was what Blue Marvel was referencing?

Back