• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Hey all. Been getting into more comics lately, and I like to check the profiles of characters (those who have profiles, anyway) as they're featured in what I read, so I've thought I could possibly find some things to add to their profiles as I keep reading, too. Although I've barely set my foot in the water, and with any characters that are even somewhat noteworthy I'm well aware there's a ton of material I've yet to see.

So I was wondering, in order to propose the addition of a power or resistance for a character who has a large amount of appearances over the years would I be required to find multiple examples, or is one clear instance of any such power/resistance enough to warrant addition to a profile? Or is it just a case by case thing?

So I was wondering, in order to propose the addition of a power or resistance for a character who has a large amount of appearances over the years would I be required to find multiple examples, or is one clear instance of any such power/resistance enough to warrant addition to a profile?
I think one clear instance should be enough, but I'm not too familiar with the standards either

So I was wondering, in order to propose the addition of a power or resistance for a character who has a large amount of appearances over the years would I be required to find multiple examples, or is one clear instance of any such power/resistance enough to warrant addition to a profile? Or is it just a case by case thing?
It’s preferable that you find multiple, but just one example can be fine as well.

6-B0-F7566-656-E-4578-BAB3-4-F90-B2-C975-F0.jpg

Hello everyone. I want to ask if you all can review my blog. I’m trying to make and update profiles for characters relevant to the current era of the X-Men. It’s a page for the X-Men character Proteus. Let me know if there are any glaring issues.

Proteus Sandbox

Okay... So, I am on the verge of doing a downgrade. So better get explaining lol.

So, I was reading about Thor and the justification for him being 2A barely makes any sense to me.

Its stated, he shattered Yggdrasil. What is the context behind this? Why was everything intact? Why did he take 40 days to rampage across the realms with the supposedly multiversal AP?

How does containing something that can destroy 1/5th of the universe be 2C?

Its stated he moved the World Engine. But from what I read, he simply moved the Wheel that only marked the passage of time. How does this allude to Multiversal?

I also fail to see how Thor besting Zelia with God Blast mean he is 2A with Godblast as AP =/= Durability. What feats does Odin have to suggest he possesses 2A durability?

The Destroyer was stated in the Man of war to be only capable of facing Universal armageddon. Thor is inferior, so, Thor's universal?

AP =/= Durability. What feats does Odin have to suggest he possesses 2A durability?
Actually, durability scales to striking strength by default unless there’s a reason against it. To quote from the Durability page:
Newton's Third Law of Motion dictates that any contact force done by one entity on another will be met with a force on the latter entity on the former that is equal in magnitude, but opposite in direction. This can be summarized with the phrase: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
When durability is being discussed, this is especially relevant. If a character can physically attack with a certain level of Attack Potency, showing no sign of pain from said physical attack should be cause for their Durability scaling to their Attack Potency. This is because the character would be forced to withstand a force equal in magnitude to it, and withstanding such a force means the two would be comparable to one another.
Odin has 2-A striking strength, so he has 2-A durability.

Its stated, he shattered Yggdrasil. What is the context behind this? Why was everything intact?
Shattered the root of Yggdrasil, not Yggdrasil itself
Yggdrasils branches contain the 9 realms alongside their spacetimes
We can assume the same for its roots

More importantly, it has been shown in Mighty Thor #705 that its root contains another Yggdrasil entirely
it can also be assumed that affecting the bottom of the Tree affects the Tree in its entirety

Which is why the feat is 2-C

Not 2-C, simply justification for 2-C

Shattered the root of Yggdrasil, not Yggdrasil itself
Yggdrasils branches contain the 9 realms alongside their spacetimes
A scan?
We can assume the same for its roots

More importantly, it has been shown in Mighty Thor #705 that its root contains another Yggdrasil entirely
it can also be assumed that affecting the bottom of the Tree affects the Tree in its entirety
Is this a safe assumption? I don't know about that.

If the root was shattered why was everything intact?
Which is why the feat is 2-C

Not 2-C, simply justification for 2-C
How is it a Justification is my question. It destroyed a part of the Universe, how does it correlate to the Multiverse.

What's your opinion on the Destroyer being Universal or Below?

Its stated, he shattered Yggdrasil. What is the context behind this? Why was everything intact? Why did he take 40 days to rampage across the realms with the supposedly multiversal AP?
This isn’t even part of his 2-A justification?
Supporting feat. A character can have feats lower than their actual attack potency listed in their justification if they act as support.
Its stated he moved the World Engine. But from what I read, he simply moved the Wheel that only marked the passage of time. How does this allude to Multiversal?
Also not part of his 2-A justification, it’s part of his 2-C justification because he pushed the Nine Realms.
The Destroyer was stated in the Man of war to be only capable of facing Universal armageddon. Thor is inferior, so, Thor's universal?
That doesn’t mean the Destroyer is limited to Universe level.

This isn’t even part of his 2-A justification?
It is a part of his 2C justification though. My question is, how is he capable of shattering the root while at the same time, he takes 40 days to rampage across the realms.
Supporting feat. A character can have feats lower than their actual attack potency listed in their justification if they act as support.
That makes sense. Thanks.
Also not part of his 2-A justification, it’s part of his 2-C justification because he pushed the Nine Realms.
He did not. How is pushing the wheel, pushing the nine realms. The scan itself states that the wheel only marks the passage of time. Nothing about moving one or more universes here.
That doesn’t mean the Destroyer is limited to Universe level.
Got it...

Why was everything intact?
Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capacity
An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack.
He did not. How is pushing the wheel, pushing the nine realms.

Last edited:
That's nice to know but my question is how can Thor shatter the root and everything still remain intact?
Because the root isn't the entire tree, but shattering it would still be significantly affecting Yggdrasil to some extent, which is enough for Thor to scale
Call me daft but I don't see it. All I see is him moving the wheel.
Daft. Read the explanation
To perform this feat, Thor has to push against the force of both the World Engine and Yggdrasil

Last edited:
Question who pays damage control to fix all the collateral damage caused by the heroes and villains

After all, the company must need to get money in some way. Fixing the damage is free but there’s no such thing as a free lunch, the money must come from somewhere to make it free

Back