• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Can I replace the Knull profile, with my current profile?
Our current version of the page seems quite fine to me, and your quote is likely too long and your header image not sufficiently accurate regarding what Knull usually looked like.

What are all of the exact changes that you want to make in Knull's main page?

Our current version of the page seems quite fine to me, and your quote is likely too long
No, his profile is bad. The scan is missing.
and your header image not sufficiently accurate regarding what Knull usually looked like.
So, which one should I use between this or this and this?
What are all of the exact changes that you want to make in Knull's main page?
Adding a scan that in the current profile is missing, and an additional description, Scan's Reference.

The one that begins with: "Ha! You are a simple and trusting host, Edward Brock."

It looks pretty good to me, although we should not scale Knull's intelligence from the Marvel handbooks.

It is preferable if you start a content revision thread though.

Well, as I stated within the blog page itself:

"However, this may go into calc-stacking territory, given that I do not think that all writers consider Cyclops' blasts to be speed of light. Also, lasers have burning qualities, whereas Cyclops' beams have physical impacts."
Well, @Taser_Lad then responded:

"That may be true but they have been stated numerous times to be Lightspeed, even Cyclops' page on this site views them as SOL so there isn't a reason to not use that value. Even if we go by author intent at this point, the shield is shown to be smoking after its hit by the Optic Blast which would imply that there is at least some heat, proving that the author intended then to be real lasers (even though I know they aren't). So like even if we use numerous statements or showings from this particular run SOL Optic Blasts are fine to use. "

Okay, but wouldn't it still violate our calc-stacking rules?

Well, as I stated within the blog page itself:

"However, this may go into calc-stacking territory, given that I do not think that all writers consider Cyclops' blasts to be speed of light. Also, lasers have burning qualities, whereas Cyclops' beams have physical impacts."
Well, @Taser_Lad then responded:

"That may be true but they have been stated numerous times to be Lightspeed, even Cyclops' page on this site views them as SOL so there isn't a reason to not use that value. Even if we go by author intent at this point, the shield is shown to be smoking after its hit by the Optic Blast which would imply that there is at least some heat, proving that the author intended then to be real lasers (even though I know they aren't). So like even if we use numerous statements or showings from this particular run SOL Optic Blasts are fine to use. "
Okay, but wouldn't it still violate our calc-stacking rules?
No, using SoL for Cyclops’ beams wouldn’t be calc stacking at all. It’s using a speed that was directly stated in the comics.
@KLOL506 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Dark-Carioca

Is this an accurate assessment?

It is indeed an accurate statement. If the speed is directly stated in the source material itself, it cannot be in any reasonable scenario, calc-stacking.

The only time it is truly calc-stacking is if you use one-fanmade calculation of a speed feat to calculate another higher speed. Says so on the calc stacking page.

The only issue now is to figure out if it was aim-dodging or not, as Cap could've easily put up his shield before Cyclops fired off the lasers.

Thank you for the reply. Then it seems fine to scale from if the calculation blog has been accepted, and it is not too much of an outlier for Captain America's combat speed.

Yes, that is a good point, and we would also have to figure out all of the characters that should scale from Captain America in this regard.

Yes. However, I do recall Captain America dodging lasers in an old mid-1980s Roger Stern story when the Avengers were making their way past the technological traps of The Wizard. I even think that we calculated it once but considered the result to be an outlier.

Cap's all over the place here, making his distance dodged and distance from the lasers at the time of him starting movement difficult.

Also, are we sure those are legit lasers? Do they reflect/refract/diffuse, and/or are they stated to be composed purely of photons/light itself or that they're stated to be beams of light?

Actually no wait, Cap states these lasers could cleanly slice through a man, so it's getting there.

And they seem to reflect off of walls too (Though prolly because the walls are laser-proof as per Cap's words, but they still reflect).

Yes, Spider-Man has his "spider-sense", which basically grants him constant aim-dodging, and makes his combat speed much harder to determine.

Would somebody be willing to calculate Captain America's multiple lasers-dodging feat, or try to find the old VS Battles wiki blog post that I think already handled this?

Okay. Feel free to either remove or update the dead links then.

I am not sure either way about the "possibly higher" part.

Well, She-Hulk is an undefined degree of far higher than that when sufficiently angry, and there has been an ongoing push to remove the 5-B holding back statistics from Thor and other characters in another revision thread, but that might be a very bad idea given how extremely inconsistent that Marvel Comics is in terms of power levels.

Well, She-Hulk is an undefined degree of far higher than that when sufficiently angry
True, but she is usually just 5-B, no?
and there has been an ongoing push to remove the 5-B holding back statistics from Thor and other characters in another revision thread, but that might be a very bad idea given how extremely inconsistent that Marvel Comics is in terms of power levels.
Yup, I saw that. I'm just basing it on their current stats, in which I don't see much of a need for Super Skrull's "possibly higher" rating, but I could be wrong

Besides, didn't KLOL say to only scale characters to their own feats and not to Herald Tiers unless they aren't holding back?

Last edited:
True, but she is usually just 5-B, no?
Yes, that is correct.
Yup, I saw that. I'm just basing it on their current stats, in which I don't see much of a need for Super Skrull's "possibly higher" rating, but I could be wrong
Well, you should probably wait with removing it until after the other revision is finished in any case.

It would be appreciated if you help us out there by the way.

Back