• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

I wonder if they'll ever go into a deep explanation of how Thor's inner life-essence empowers him to such absurd degrees. I absolutely love it, as a main Thor fan, but I do have questions about where that power comes from that apparently is comparable to the strongest abstracts.

I’ve been looking at some sentry stuff as of late and I’m wondering why his age of sentry feats aren’t applied to his 616 version. Wasn’t the mini run originally meant to dive into 616 sentry’s past?

though considering the whole “co existing timeline” thing maybe they are the same but different? Like the one is CoC is still wearing his mask even though in the last issue he stopped wearing one because his secret identity was revealed

Does anyone else have an issue with Yggdrasil's High 1-A scaling? I kind of really hate it, and want to kinda test the waters to see if anyone else has similar problems to me to see if people would be receptive to a CRT. Basically, I think that it scaling above the Living Tribunal, and by extension making Thor and Storm scale above the Living Tribunal, is insane and completely inconsistent with what the story intends.
I wouldn't consider it inconsistent in these two instances specifically? Thor's God-Blast at its peak could injure the Black Winter, and the same Storm who's High 1-A for scaling to Yggdrasil harmed 8 Dominions at once within Overspace (and Overspace is depicted recently as hosting Abstracts in their multiversal states).
Furthermore, I think Skyfather level characters should scale to this too, not just a random tier for Thor. Odin, Surtur, and Mephisto used to scale above Yggdrasil and I don't really know why that was changed.
Tbh, you answered your own question. It was changed because we now default Yggdrasil to High 1-A.
Galactus also had a justification back when he was 2-A for being able to destroy all universes, and Odin has a guidebook statement about being able to destroy the Multiverse. What tier would all this be?
Earth-616 has a 2-A Infinite Multiverse within itself already, so "Universe" needs context of referring to entire alternate earths to be Tier 1.

I wouldn't consider it inconsistent in these two instances specifically? Thor's God-Blast at its peak could injure the Black Winter, and the same Storm who's High 1-A for scaling to Yggdrasil harmed 8 Dominions at once within Overspace (and Overspace is depicted recently as hosting Abstracts in their multiversal states).
Thor's Godblast from when he had a massive amp shouldn't scale to his normal one. And I think that feat is a huge outlier for Storm. Its instances like this that are the reason we have special powerscaling rules for Marvel Comics, otherwise everyone would be High 1-A. For example, Thor hurt the Chaos King, but that shouldn't make him scale to Multiversal Eternity.

Thor's Godblast from when he had a massive amp shouldn't scale to his normal one.
This was already explained by Ultima at this time last year. There's no basis for assuming the amps from Herald of Thunder applied to all aspects of Thor's power, particularly those resulting from his inner essence. That's why we apply the God-Blast feat against Black Winter to his base form.
And I think that feat is a huge outlier for Storm.
Why is it an outlier when I just gave a supporting feat on that same scale?
Its instances like this that are the reason we have special powerscaling rules for Marvel Comics, otherwise everyone would be High 1-A. For example, Thor hurt the Chaos King, but that shouldn't make him scale to Multiversal Eternity.
This was explained by Ultima in that same thread too:
I called this feat an outlier, and that wasn't far wrong. However, a more accurate assessment would be that it was misapplied: It doesn't apply to Thor as he normally is, but rather to the latent inner power that, in rare occcasions, comes out when he needs it, which the story actively emphasizes when it talks about Thor's incoming birth. For instance, here, it's stated that Thor's strength is such that he may destroy the world even before he is born.

This inner power, elsewhere, is referred to as Thor's life-force, his very essence, which is also the source of the God Blast, and we already know that the God Blast consistently allows Thor to harm cosmic entities that are otherwise way above his paygrade.
You're making it seem like we rate base Thor at High 1-A in pure physicals, when that's obviously not the case. Base Thor also has standard innate access to the Phoenix Force, which during the one time he brought it out, was powerful enough to restrain an Omniversal Flood made of the First Firmament's remains which would've destroyed all creation from the God Quarry, which is above the Far Shore afaik. As for Chaos King, Thor along with everyone else was amped by Hercules at that time.

Back