• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Btw: In my view the following was a more interesting development in that comic book as I see it. Roxxon's (Exxon's) psychopathic social Darwinian far right capitalist oligarch CEO, Dario Agger, has bought the in-universe version of the Marvel Comics company, possibly in an effort to gain control over the local narrative itself.

This would fit rather neatly with Al Ewing's previous statements in his latest Defenders series about a Dominion with a "crown above all things" that has an extremely corrupt real world corporate bent to it, especially given the nature of the crown of Yggdrasil as the crown of creation as well, and Loki's involvement in both stories.

Of course, The Dominion could just be an ascended Mother Righteous or one of the versions of Mister Sinister from the X-Men comic books as well, but I find the Dario Agger idea much more compelling and relevant.

Last edited:
So who do you all think The Dominion is? Dario Agger, one of the Sinisters, or some other character?

timeless2023001_cov_0.jpg
timeless2023001006_col.jpg
timeless2023001013_col.jpg
timeless2023001014_col.jpg
timeless2023001018_col.jpg
timeless2023001023_col_0.jpg

First look at "Timeless (2023) Issue 1"

"In TIMELESS (2023) #1, writers Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly and artist Juann Cabal take you to the Marvel Universe's final days. There, Power Man—the last living super hero—faces off against Moon Knight Unending, a nightmare assembled by StarkTech, the Eternal Machine, and the God of the Moon. With the unstable powers of the Sentry, the Hulk, and the Iron Fist, Power Man must engage in this deeply personal conflict to stave off Khonshu's coming tide of chaos… but can the Marvel Universe ever truly be saved?"

Not gonna lie, it sounds kinda mid.

I have added a cropped version of that image to our Marvel and DC instruction page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/P...mics?type=revision&diff=8231475&oldid=8192924
Ngl, I never thought that Catwoman scan fit that page. The rest are obvious "how the **** did that happen" moments but the Catwoman one has an actual explanation to it. The story makes it very clear that Ivy isn't good at using the powers of characters to their full potential since not only does Batman take Superman out with a whistle in the literal previous page (with Batman pointing out that it wouldn't have worked against Superman in any normal context) but she later accidentally kills him because she screwed up when punching him with Superman. A better example would've been Harley escaping Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman all at once during Heroes in Crisis.

Ngl, I never thought that Catwoman scan fit that page. The rest are obvious "how the **** did that happen" moments but the Catwoman one has an actual explanation to it. The story makes it very clear that Ivy isn't good at using the powers of characters to their full potential since not only does Batman take Superman out with a whistle in the literal previous page (with Batman pointing out that it wouldn't have worked against Superman in any normal context) but she later accidentally kills him because she screwed up when punching him with Superman. A better example would've been Harley escaping Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman all at once during Heroes in Crisis.
Well, if the Flashes were reduced to "just" moving at a 1000 times the speed of light instead of at infinite speed, it still wouldn't make any sense.

Welp, after reading "Strange Academy: Miles Morales", "Strange Academy: Moon Knight", and "Strange Academy: Amazing Spider-Man", I've complied all of the powers of enchantimatics here (spoilers, for something that was only in 3 issues, it has some pretty solid hax):

Now, the series repeatedly makes the point that enchantimatics is just basic magic/sorcery interpreted by math, and Ultima agreed when I showed him this post.

Thus, I think it could probably be added to my Marvel magic sandbox for low-tier/high-tier sorcery (depending on which enchantimatics user used which power), but I'll probably hold off a bit on that.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Welp, after reading "Strange Academy: Miles Morales", "Strange Academy: Moon Knight", and "Strange Academy: Amazing Spider-Man", I've complied all of the powers of enchantimatics here (spoilers, for something that was only in 3 issues, it has some pretty solid hax):

Now, the series repeatedly makes the point that enchantimatics is just basic magic/sorcery interpreted by math, and Ultima agreed when I showed him this post.

Thus, I think it could probably be added to my Marvel magic sandbox for low-tier/high-tier sorcery (depending on which enchantimatics user used which power), but I'll probably hold off a bit on that.

Any thoughts?
Pretty absurd as i told you, anyone can be almost Scarlet witch level by becoming a genius in math

Pretty absurd as i told you, anyone can be almost Scarlet witch level by becoming a genius in math
That's a bit much, but I do get your point. Even newbies at enchantimatics were spamming power null, CM Type 3, and EE with utter ease, and Equation (who has even more powers since he invented it) can literally use EE/CM3 and power null with a single thought. Plus he can high-godly regen himself if he just makes a soul projection to do it for him, and he resists EE as well.

My concern is: Since Enchantimatics is basically the exact same as basic magic but just interpreted with math, can the powers I listed be used for low-tier/high-tier sorcerers (the powers that only Equation has shown would only be for high-tier sorcerers and up) or no?

That's a bit much, but I do get your point. Even newbies at enchantimatics were spamming power null, CM Type 3, and EE with utter ease, and Equation (who has even more powers since he invented it) can literally use EE/CM3 and power null with a single thought. Plus he can high-godly regen himself if he just makes a soul projection to do it for him, and he resists EE as well.
We havent seen it being used in a multiversal scale but this kind of magic is also pretty new in the Marvel universe who knows where its gonna end.
My concern is: Since Enchantimatics is basically the exact same as basic magic but just interpreted with math, can the powers I listed be used for low-tier/high-tier sorcerers (the powers that only Equation has shown would only be for high-tier sorcerers and up) or no?
I'm not sure that can be done, i mean a lot of magic users barely even use basic magic but they use very specific to them magic that can be even considered advanced magic.

By the way since you are now Marvel's "magic expert" do you have anything about magic creatures? For what I read there are all sorts of magical creatures from myths walking around in the world of course not talking about mindless ones or werewolfs. In a recent comic i saw an entire community of magical being based on some Koreian myths and i saw also in the Clea comic that there is a huge community of magic in New York

It's very straight forward, yeah.

Personally, I wouldn't mind. The only noteable bad thing is that it's something "new" in the verse and we don't know the full extend of their powers yet, but that's pretty much it.

anyone can be almost Scarlet witch level by becoming a genius in math

hq2.jpg

Now I would like to see Reed or Tony becoming Gods of magic through math, imagine how absurd that would be.
Funny since Tony barely accepts magic to be different from science, and Reed used to think the same until Skin Armor Doom with magic horribly stomped the F4 and Strange had to drill into his head that magic is not the same as science.

It's very straight forward, yeah.

Personally, I wouldn't mind. The only noteable bad thing is that it's something "new" in the verse and we don't know the full extend of their powers yet, but that's pretty much it.
I doubt we'll see it again, since it was only a 3-issue arc and the guy who invented enchantimatics, Equation, dies at the end of the arc.

By the way since you are now Marvel's "magic expert" do you have anything about magic creatures? For what I read there are all sorts of magical creatures from myths walking around in the world of course not talking about mindless ones or werewolfs. In a recent comic i saw an entire community of magical being based on some Koreian myths and i saw also in the Clea comic that there is a huge community of magic in New York
There are many magic creatures everywhere around us muggles that only sorcerers can see with their mystic senses.

There are also a lot of higher-dimensional magic creatures, like in a 2015 issue Strange has to save a boy's soul from 6-dimensional soul-eating creatures.

Not sure on mythological creatures. I know vampires can be killed with magic and are more susceptible to being affected it than normal humans.

Funny since Tony barely accepts magic to be different from science, and Reed used to think the same until Skin Armor Doom with magic horribly stomped the F4 and Strange had to drill into his head that magic is not the same as science.
I know its not the same but
98c.jpg

I doubt we'll see it again, since it was only a 3-issue arc and the guy who invented enchantimatics, Equation, dies at the end of the arc.
Sincerely I didnt thought Strange academy was gonna last either yet they even made "spin off" with other characters, who knows maybe it does last

There are many magic creatures everywhere around us muggles that only sorcerers can see with their mystic senses.

There are also a lot of higher-dimensional magic creatures, like in a 2015 issue Strange has to save a boy's soul from 6-dimensional soul-eating creatures.

Not sure on mythological creatures. I know vampires can be killed with magic and are more susceptible to being affected it than normal humans.
I was talking because i read about this
C9DGnF5.png

A community of magical characters based on Korean myths

It's good that Marvel characters now have a canonical justification for a Varies tier. It'll make my planned revisions so much easier.
Thank you. That would be extremely appreciated. As I stated, I have vainly been trying to explain this to other members for many years now, and been subjected to massive amounts of hostility because of it, despite quoting multiple editors, writers, and even Stan Lee himself.

Done a new one
I would really like to speed up the Wiccan page too.

Speaking of Wiccan, given that he is prophecised to become a Celestial Messiah who rewrites the laws of magic, and is the manifestation of the Demiurge, who created Marvel's elder gods, do any of you think that he will save everybody from The Dominion?

Speaking of Wiccan, given that he is prophecised to become a Celestial Messiah who rewrites the laws of magic, and is the manifestation of the Demiurge, who created Marvel's elder gods, do any of you think that he will save everybody from The Dominion?
Is there even any connection between the Dominion and Wiccan? Demiurge doesn't affect the marvel omniverse since he created the elder gods as far as I know. Maybe at some point marvel makes Wiccan actually transcend and become demiurge permanently but until then I doubt Demiurge will affect anything. Maybe if the MCU actually creates the young avengers they might use comics to bring more people to watch him.

avengerstwilight_designs_wasp.jpg
avengerstwilight_designs_ironcops.jpg
avengerstwilight_designs.jpg
avengerstwilight_designs_defenders.jpg

First look at Marvel's new interpretation of the future with "AVENGERS: TWILIGHT" by Chip Zdarsky & Daniel Acuña.

"My goal with anything is to create a story that is both new reader friendly and also welcomes in older readers who will enjoy the references sprinkled throughout," Zdarsky explained on the call. "I think if you have a base knowledge of Marvel super heroes, there’s really something for you here. And getting a chance to do something that’s self-contained in six issues with one consistent artist throughout is my favorite kind of project because those are types of books you can sell forever."

The animated trailer of the comic, it will be released on January next year.

MOONKN2021029_Preview-page-001.jpg
MOONKN2021029_Preview-page-003.jpg
MOONKN2021029_Preview-page-004.jpg
MOONKN2021029_Preview-page-005.jpg

Interior art preview of Moon Knight #29 by Jed Mackay.

" THE FINAL HOURS OF MOON KNIGHT!

As the clock ticks down, Moon Knight battles the Black Spectre for the fate of the city – and every step forward is paid for with blood. Will Moon Knight and his allies thwart the Spectre’s scheme? And if they do, what will remain of them?"

Back