• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Pony of Shadows vs Lord Tirek

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Would draining Stygian's magic work?
Tirek couldn't drain Twilight's magic until she let him. I'm assuming if two fighters are comparable, it won't work unless the victim accepts.

I don't know; if stealing the magic doesn't work, I guess it might come down to who is stronger or more skilled, since neither of them really use any hax.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't know; if stealing the magic doesn't work, I guess it might come down to who is stronger or more skilled, since neither of them really use any hax.
And you think this is...?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Tirek: roughly 8x alicorn level (had the power of himself and Twilight, who, with the power of 4 alicorns; stalemated him)

The Pony of Shadows: temporarily resisted the power of basically 2 sets of EoH, Twilight, Starlight, Starswirl, and Sunburst. Depending on how you powerscale, that's anywhere from >1.5x alicorn level (as the lowest lowball possible, saying Discord was about that strong, and the elements were barely stronger than him, the pillars barely added to the elements power, and everypony else is so far below alicorn level it adds nothing substantial to the power) - 17+ (as a huge highball. This is assuming the EoH are just a bit weaker than Tirek, thus 7x Alicorn level, and that everyone else except Sunburst is Alicorn level, while he's 0.5x Alicorn Level.)

Personally, I'd go with somewhere in the middle. I think the EoH are 2-3x Alicorn Level, since they casually beat Discord, and everyone except Sunburst is roughly Alicorn Level, while he adds basically nothing to the power of the pull. This would make him 7-9x Alicorn Level, which doesn't really help. Though if the elements are massively stronger, which is not confirmed, this would kind of be a stomp.

The "other set" [ The Pillars ] is a heck of a lot stronger than the average EoH. A portion of their full strength allowed for the Elements of Harmony to be made, and are directly responsible for all the feats of strength the original Elements did, from Discord to Tirek. So... APwise the Pillars are at least equal to the Elements that fought Tirek during the S4 Finale, likely much stronger .

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
The "other set" [ The Pillars ] is a heck of a lot stronger than the average EoH. A portion of their full strength allowed for the Elements of Harmony to be made, and are directly responsible for all the feats of strength the original Elements did, from Discord to Tirek. So... APwise the Pillars are at least equal to the Elements that fought Tirek during the S4 Finale, likely much stronger .
It started as a seed, and weren't they surprised by how it had grown? And I'll add that as a vote.

While PoS undoubtedly has the highest durability feats in the show, I don't think he can match 8x Tirek's destructive output.

Couldn't you argue that his AP is comparbale to hhis durability? I've always thought about it like that.

In any other cartoon that would be a good argument, but with MLP it's a bit different and hard to stay consistent.

Think of it like this:

Due to the comics and feats in the show, King Sombra has one of the best offensive magic in the entire series. However, his power isn't strong enough to destroy the Crystal Heart, so he was forced to hide it instead. Hell, it even killed him. Flurry Heart, simply by crying was able to obliterate the Crystal Heart with ease. This enough is to place Flurry Heart's destructive capability above Sombra. Flurry Heart is still a baby, and would still probably get one-shotted by King Sombra if he landed any of his attacks.

Another example is Chrysalis overpowering Celestia with SA's love. Her durability was never tested because the beams clashed and she gradually overpowered Celestia's beam, but when she takes a hit it's from SA's love boosted forcefield and is instantly blown away. Does this mean that Cadence and Shining Armor are more powerful than Celestia in durability and damage output? This can show that durability =/= strength.

I feel like, disregarding special cases, it is still the same. And yes, Shining and Cadence with the power of love are stronger than Celestia. I thought that was pretty clear.

And there's really no proof to show that Tirek can defeat the PoS. Anyway, I guess I should add your vote to Tirek's side?

I'm willing to change my vote if proven PoS has a way to harm Tirek in a way that's noticeable. So far, even if he can't destroy him with brute force, we haven't even considered the possibility of what he would be able to do with Discord's magic (even if he didn't get the chance). it's a no-brainer to me.

Also, can we not compare Rainbow Power and the EoH in this thread? They are two separate powerups and their feats should remain separate from one another.

I'm not sure about Cadence and Shining Armor love being > Celestia. Chrysalis defeater her, yes. But Chrysalis not only had Shining armor loves for Cadence, but the love of the entire kingdom of a royal wedding for an Alicorn. It was more like the love of Canterlot+Shining was greater than Celestia (plus whatever power Chrysalis had prior to her stealth mission in Canterlot)

Anyway my vote goes to the Pony of Shadows. While he was weak at the beginning of Shadow Play part 2 (being weaker than Starlight and Twilight) by the end even Starswirls shield was no match and they were not confident they could defeat him, he also took a blast from the elements and the pillars light. Tirek is based on brute strength, while he had Discords magic it was pretty clear he couldn't really use the reality-bending to its full nature, or that he didn't know how. While this isn't in the profile so it doesn't count, we also see the pony of shadows absorb every star in the night sky during the flashback in SP part 1. If that was considered Tirek wouldn't stand a chance.
Even without that though, I think the Pony of Shadows, who is the "god" of darkness much like Discord with chaos, could handle Tirek.

ThatDude345 said:
I'm willing to change my vote if proven PoS has a way to harm Tirek in a way that's noticeable. So far, even if he can't destroy him with brute force, we haven't even considered the possibility of what he would be able to do with Discord's magic (even if he didn't get the chance). it's a no-brainer to me.
Also, can we not compare Rainbow Power and the EoH in this thread? They are two separate powerups and their feats should remain separate from one another.
Well, he very casually destroyed Starswirl's shield, who is the greatest wizard of all time. And Tirek has never been shown to be able to gain the abilities of the ponies he abosrbed magic from. Well, we know the EoH defeated Discord casually, and he can be scaled to Tirek, so I don't see why Rainbow Power would have to be mentioned.

GokuSparkle said:
ThatDude345 said:
Well, he very casually destroyed Starswirl's shield, who is the greatest wizard of all time. And Tirek has never been shown to be able to gain the abilities of the ponies he abosrbed magic from. Well, we know the EoH defeated Discord casually, and he can be scaled to Tirek, so I don't see why Rainbow Power would have to be mentioned.

Tirek took absolutely no damage from Twilight 4x Alicorn laser beam. He blocked it and the explosion that occurred afterward. That beam was obviously stronger than Stygian's beam. Tirek shield >>> Starswirl Shield

It's already shown in S4 Finale that Tirek is able to use the abilities of the ponies and creatures he absorbed, that was the entire point. He used the raw power of the magic used in every pony he absorbed beforehand, he even used the Pegasi' flight magic to drive Twilight through a mountain. Finally, he used Discord's magic to trap all of Twilight's friends in bubbles.

Just pointing out that foals can have magical surges that come and go. One could easily argue that Flurry destroying the Heart was one of them. Or you know.....an outlier? And they can take their own attacks. Celestia has been lasered before, once by Chrysalis, and a second by Nightmare Moon, the latter of whom she wasn;t even trying to fight, and was back on her feet relativily quickly.

You could easily argue that their durability DOES scale to their AP, and they just can't take a hit very well when their durability actually gets broken, which is more stamina than durability related. Because otherwise Celestia would be a pile of chunks from Chrysalis's beam.

ThatDude345 said:
He hadn't shown anything remotely close beforehand and it's completely out of character.
Why is it out of character? I have no idea what you mean about throwing him into the mountain, but I see what you mean about the bubbles. Still, if you think back to First Form Tirek, he was tricky.

GokuSparkle said:
ThatDude345 said:
He hadn't shown anything remotely close beforehand and it's completely out of character.
Why is it out of character? I have no idea what you mean about throwing him into the mountain, but I see what you mean about the bubbles. Still, if you think back to First Form Tirek, he was tricky.
It's out of character because bubbles are absolutely random and something Discord would use, which mains perfect logical sense as he used it after Discord got his magic taken. Even when he sent all the Alicorns to Tartarus, he used magic that had a similar theme to what he shown beforehand

If he already had used the bubbles before absorbing Discord, then he never used Discord's magic. Also, he screamed in pain when Twilight blasted him, and had to shield his face. Never mind that this was an uncharged beam that was much smaller in comparison to the ones Tirek needed to shield against. I repeat myself: Tirek did take damage, and what you showed is a stamina feat, not a durability based one.

If we go by that logic, then PoS feats are even worse because he took damage from Twilight and base Starlight's beam at the start of S7 finale. Scratch that, He was overpowered. It's highly unlikely that 8x Tirek would be harmed by the same magic he absorbed from Twilight afterwards I'll repeat myself again, He has absolutely no way to hurt Tirek 8x without being obliterated.

Back