• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE Pizza Tower Thread (Fecal Funny edition)

Why is it an outlier? Its through Rage Power and none besides Peak Peppino and Pizzaface gets it.
Yeah that won't do, unless we do environmental destruction. Peppino beats up all the bosses but it takes him several rushes to get through them all so they can very much tank it and downscale from the feat.

Yeah that won't do, unless we do environmental destruction. Peppino beats up all the bosses but it takes him several rushes to get through them all so they can very much tank it and downscale from the feat.
Goombas can harm Mario, so what? Peppino overpowers said bosses very easily, and him not one shotting them is game mechanics if anything.

143-D95-FC-4-D25-46-F2-9-BFD-0-AC83-BFB829-E.jpg

Goombas can harm Mario, so what? Peppino overpowers said bosses very easily, and him not one shotting them is game mechanics if anything.
Except they are not Goombas but bosses that are part of the 3rd phase of the final boss and it takes Peppino several punches to get through their HP. His rush takes specifically half of their HP. If they wanted to make a tier 7 to 9 difference between them the bosses would be taken out in one hit or two, not dozens of punches that can only take half of their primary hp bar and a 4th of the total.
You can't just fall back on game mechanics because this ain't it, this is intentional game design. Every attack programmed deals a specific amount of damage. Normal attacks from anyone deal 1, giant Fake Peppino deals 2 to show for his real strength and Peppino's rush which is made up of several punches that deals only 4 damage and not the full healthbar(s). If this was Soul Knight where some weapon like a gun deals 4 damage and One Punch Glove deals 999 and it may or may not one-shot a boss, that'd be game mechanics since the damage for various weapons is different and it's up to you to chose which one you want to use. Here, however, there is no random damage, there is intentionally a set amount of damage.

Also, did you forget that the bosses can still very much damage Peppino? This ain't game mechanics either, they're literally part of the boss fight and thus Peppino's durability didn't magically change. So either they all are tier 7 or none are.

Except they are not Goombas but bosses that are part of the 3rd phase of the final boss and it takes Peppino several punches to get through their HP. His rush takes specifically half of their HP. If they wanted to make a tier 7 to 9 difference between them the bosses would be taken out in one hit or two, not dozens of punches that can only take half of their primary hp bar and a 4th of the total.
You can't just fall back on game mechanics because this ain't it, this is intentional game design. Every attack programmed deals a specific amount of damage. Normal attacks from anyone deal 1, giant Fake Peppino deals 2 to show for his real strength and Peppino's rush which is made up of several punches that deals only 4 damage and not the full healthbar(s). If this was Soul Knight where some weapon like a gun deals 4 damage and One Punch Glove deals 999 and it may or may not one-shot a boss, that'd be game mechanics since the damage for various weapons is different and it's up to you to chose which one you want to use. Here, however, there is no random damage, there is intentionally a set amount of damage.

Also, did you forget that the bosses can still very much damage Peppino? This ain't game mechanics either, they're literally part of the boss fight and thus Peppino's durability didn't magically change. So either they all are tier 7 or none are.
With this logic humans are Tier 9 because they can survive some vehicles hitting them.

We do not scale characters from things that heavily damage them, and Peppino realistically has not issues with dealing with them, him taking out half of their HP to them but still taking 1 damage shows that he became massively stronger in scale. It's pretty damn clear that the boost was intended here, no downscaling bullshit here, the point was that Peppino became so strong that the former bosses are no longer an issue for him and he can sweep them with no issues.

So take out those gay game mechanics out of the argument, this ain't Undertale, thank you.

Should Pizzahead scale from Peppino's peak power anyway? Because he still gets the same amount of damage as the other bosses from Peppino, and still deals 1 point of damage.

Edit: And yes, the storm starts only when Peppino gets fully pissed.

With this logic humans are Tier 9 because they can survive some vehicles hitting them.

We do not scale characters from things that heavily damage them, and Peppino realistically has not issues with dealing with them, him taking out half of their HP to them but still taking 1 damage shows that he became massively stronger in scale. It's pretty damn clear that the boost was intended here, no downscaling bullshit here, the point was that Peppino became so strong that the former bosses are no longer an issue for him and he can sweep them with no issues.

So take out those gay game mechanics out of the argument, this ain't Undertale, thank you.
Wrong comparison, very wrong one. Using real life getting hit by cars as an argument is dumb as hell because
1) it all depends on where you get hit, if you get hit straight in the head you're unlikely to survive and if you get hit in the legs or torso there is definitely a chance
2) this is real life, all of the kinetic energy spreads out and would only fully hit an object if it can take the hit from the whole of the car, a wall for example. A human is way thinner and has several variables which means if a car moves at 20kmh with 15kj of energy, the man in front will only feel a few thousand joules.

Yes there is downscaling bullshit, he gets hit for 1Hp before, he gets hit by 1hp now. He deals 4 hp with like a dozen punches. This isn't a matter of how hard he hits it is a matter of how many times he hits.
In this case the game mechanics is the fact that the HP bar is not truly linear and dealing 4 HP with many hits doesn't make the punches he throws weaker. That's it, that's where the game mechanics end.

This isn't a case of cutting through 90% HP of a character in one hit when you're 50 levels above them, this is a case of a guy taking multiple punches and kicks to get through 1/4th of a Boss' hp.
By this logic koopalings don't scale to Mario because it takes three jumps to take them out even though they can damage Mario just fine.

If my arguments about intentional game design are gay then your arguments are a damned glory hole.

Should Pizzahead scale from Peppino's peak power anyway? Because he still gets the same amount of damage as the other bosses from Peppino, and still deals 1 point of damage.

Edit: And yes, the storm starts only when Peppino gets fully pissed.
The scaling is a bit weird
Prior to Pizza Face's boss battle, he one-shots Peppino instantly on the normal levels
Though, when he is fighting Pizza Face, we see he can now actually damage and take damages from the guy (Granted, he is a bit passed here as seen by his idle animation)
Then the second phase of Pizza Head comes and Peppino needs a gun to actually damage him, cuz he can't otherwise
And then the third fase Peppino just goes crazy and start beating the shit out of everyone

So from what I can gather
Enraged Peppino >>> Gun Peppino = Pizza Head >>> Pissed Peppino = Pizza Face >>> Normal Peppino
So maybe not

Prior to Pizza Face's boss battle, he one-shots Peppino instantly on the normal levels
Though, when he is fighting Pizza Face, we see he can now actually damage and take damages from the guy (Granted, he is a bit passed here as seen by his idle animation)
Then the second phase of Pizza Head comes and Peppino needs a gun to actually damage him, cuz he can't otherwise
And then the third fase Peppino just goes crazy and start beating the shit out of everyone

Enraged Peppino >>> Gun Peppino = Pizza Head >>> Pissed Peppino = Pizza Face >>> Normal Peppino
So maybe not
Yeah, but ONLY Engraged Peppino is Tier 7, as only in that state he has the storm creation/dispersion feat.

So maybe not

It makes sense for base Pizzahead to scale above base Peppino, even his reality bending and regeneration aside.

His durability is higher than most of the other boss characters (besides Fake Peppino's monster form and assumedly Pizzaface in most levels), and it stands to reason that while he takes one point of hp per attack like most of the other bosses, he likely has greater attack potency than the other bosses given he can harm Peppino much more casually than they could. I mean, Pizzahead can hurt an enraged Peppino with a flyswatter.

Also, I just discovered it last week (someone else pointed this out on youtube), but his attack where he lifts all those Forknights up is actually him reaching down to the first level of the tower and failing to pull a sword from a stone in the Pizzascape level.

Unless I'm missing something, that seems waaay above Peppino's lifting strength.

Last edited:
Earlier, the 8-C/9-A+ calcs finally got accepted, so that's pretty swaggy.

I think it would be more like "Enraged Pep = Pizzahead's dura >>> Pizzahead = Angry Pep = Pizzaface >>> Transformations = Peppino's dura >>> Gun Pep = Regular Pep's AP", since it doesn't really look like Pizzahead's even harmed at all from the bullets and is only being dramatic instead. And I'm also pretty sure the gun Peppino uses there is the same one he used during his fight with Vigi

Last edited:
Earlier, the 8-C/9-A+ calcs finally got accepted, so that's pretty swaggy.

I think it would be more like "Enraged Pep = Pizzahead's dura >>> Pizzahead = Angry Pep = Pizzaface >>> Transformations = Peppino's dura >>> Gun Pep = Regular Pep's AP", since it doesn't really look like Pizzahead's even harmed at all from the bullets and is only being dramatic instead. And I'm also pretty sure the gun Peppino uses there is the same one he used during his fight with Vigi
So then what you're saying is

Pizza Head will have 7-B Durability but 8-C AP?

Also now that I think about it, Peppino made that 8-C feat when he was enraged AKA 7-B
So the 8-C would probably not even apply

BTW something I noticed while seeing the game is the Technical Difficulties screen
They show Peppino having his leg, neck, and nose broken, as well as him beat up with a bone sticking out of his body
and we see him immeadiately recoring from those
Could probably be some level of Regeneration or just supporting evidence but i thought they were important to point out
Oh yeah, I was gonna bring this up. Gustavo and Brick should scale as well because IIRC they have their own art of it.

Also, I just discovered it last week (someone else pointed this out on youtube), but his attack where he lifts all those Forknights up is actually him reaching down to the first level of the tower and failing to pull a sword from a stone in the Pizzascape level.

Unless I'm missing something, that seems waaay above Peppino's lifting strength.

How much exactly is he pulling up of Pizzascape? Since the background doesn't appear it implies it's only the ground of a single room and not the entire level but that's still an insane lifting strength feat

How much exactly is he pulling up of Pizzascape? Since the background doesn't appear it implies it's only the ground of a single room and not the entire level but that's still an insane lifting strength feat
It is only the ground: A section surrounding the sword. Allegedly, it was a repurposing of an attack from an earlier iteration of Phase 3 in which he would have pulled up the whole level, but I digress.

In the final product, it is still him lifting a piece of ground roughly equivalent to what Peppino could normally lift, except with one arm, from the bottom of the tower to the top, and in a matter of seconds. MinecraftHater2011 already got a calc accepted. Is a nice upgrade for Pizzahead, and through scaling, Peppino.

Last edited:
Back