• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE Pizza Tower Thread (Fecal Funny edition)

Despite this, I think this is just a case of Death of the author. The official Pizza Tower lore reffers to him as being a war veteran, a superhero and a wrestler, and the game achievements call him a veteran too. I do not think that a random Discord message overrules an official document and what is said in the game.
But if you look at the rest of the doc, you can see that it also contradicts with a lot of the things from the finalized story of the game, such as the fact that the motivation for Pep going to the Pizza Tower is completely different in the doc. I also don't think the title of a single achievement is enough evidence to justify Pep being a war vet either. McPig himself also insisted that it was false on a stream, so it definitely wasn't just a one-time thing.

I'm fine with the rest of the changes/suggestions tho

But if you look at the rest of the doc, you can see that it also contradicts with a lot of the things from the finalized story of the game, such as the fact that the motivation for Pep going to the Pizza Tower is completely different in the doc. I also don't think the title of a single achievement is enough evidence to justify Pep being a war vet either. McPig himself also insisted that it was false on a stream, so it definitely wasn't just a one-time thing.

I'm fine with the rest of the changes/suggestions tho
Well he still said that Peppino joined the military, so he's still a soldier without being a war vet ig?

Yeah, I guess that kind of makes sense?
Well, I'd still like to modify a bit the last sentence inside of "Elasticity and Toon Force"

Instead of "Is able to delay himself in the air by taunting" I'd like to put: "Can delay himself in the air with Taunts and destroy all the on-screen fodder enemies with Super Taunts)

Changed a link too to make it more straightfoward.

This link instead can be used to justify him looking at the player with certain taunts.

I think it's good enough to be released as a profile imo.
There are a few calcs that haven't been evaluated yet that I would like to have on the profile before it gets released, but I wouldn't mind too much having it get released before then.

Someone also suggested to me on my message wall that we should give Fear Manipulation to Peppino, as he's able to terrify enemies with the Mach Run (even ones that can't even be harmed by base Peppino, like Ghostknights), as well as shock Pepperman and even Pizzahead himself (who isn't even bothered by getting the shit kicked outta him). Personally, I think it would more likely be a form of Social Influencing as it looks more like intimidation, but what do you guys think?

I guess we should wait so we avoid to do CRTs.
Someone also suggested to me on my message wall that we should give Fear Manipulation to Peppino, as he's able to terrify enemies with the Mach Run (even ones that can't even be harmed by base Peppino, like Ghostknights), as well as shock Pepperman and even Pizzahead himself (who isn't even bothered by getting the shit kicked outta him). Personally, I think it would more likely be a form of Social Influencing as it looks more like intimidation, but what do you guys think?
On the Fear Manipulation page:

It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors.

There's him befriending the former bosses at the ending if you want another Social Influencing thing.

Ok so I just remembered a point The_Pink_God made and uh, do you guys think we could give a "Possibly Low-7-B/7-B" rating for an enraged Peppino via creating and dispersing a storm, which would be on this level?

There actually aren't many contradictions with this rating considering that an enraged Peppino was able to overpower and pretty much stomp every boss in the game (the bosses being able to hurt an angy Pep is likely just a result of game mechanics), and even beat Pizzaface while less angry earlier in that same fight (Pizzaface is far superior to a regular Peppino to the point where the latter has nothing that can harm Pizzaface).

Ok so I just remembered a point The_Pink_God made and uh, do you guys think we could give a "Possibly Low-7-B/7-B" rating for an enraged Peppino via creating and dispersing a storm, which would be on this level?

There actually aren't many contradictions with this rating considering that an enraged Peppino was able to overpower and pretty much stomp every boss in the game (the bosses being able to hurt an angy Pep is likely just a result of game mechanics), and even beat Pizzaface while less angry earlier in that same fight (Pizzaface is far superior to a regular Peppino to the point where the latter has nothing that can harm Pizzaface).
Dispersing is weird, because that impact clearly didn't destroy anything too notable.

Creation instead, maybe?

It would be on this end though.

Stronkboi who's going thundery thundery: 4.033302312384E16 Joules, 9.63982388237265 Megatons, City level

Hey all. Just searched and found this thread. I've worked on blog profiles for Pillar John, and the four bosses over the last month. I'm quite new to profile creation/editing and the wiki though, so I'm open to changes and edits others would like to make to them before they make it to the wiki proper. There's definitely things I may have missed, maybe even errors made. Idk how to open them up like that, but I'd do so asap once I knew!

To add to the
final boss discussion if I may:

I interpreted Peppino's speed/power boost as him no longer holding his true strength back. The lack of indicated fatigue during and after the fight suggests he was not pushing his physical limits, just that he was temporarily fighting the bosses & Pizzahead at the level he's actually capable of due to reaching his mental limit. Regardless, the enraged, faster & stronger Peppino is why I say in the boss profiles that each scales to a 'restrained Peppino'.

Hey all. Just searched and found this thread. I've worked on blog profiles for Pillar John, and the four bosses over the last month. I'm quite new to profile creation/editing and the wiki though, so I'm open to changes and edits others would like to make to them before they make it to the wiki proper. There's definitely things I may have missed, maybe even errors made. Idk how to open them up like that, but I'd do so asap once I knew!

To add to the
final boss discussion if I may:

I interpreted Peppino's speed/power boost as him no longer holding his true strength back. The lack of indicated fatigue during and after the fight suggests he was not pushing his physical limits, just that he was temporarily fighting the bosses & Pizzahead at the level he's actually capable of due to reaching his mental limit. Regardless, the enraged, faster & stronger Peppino is why I say in the boss profiles that each scales to a 'restrained Peppino'.
The issue is that he has to run away from Pizzaface everytime before the final fight, otherwise the latter just kills him.

He wouldn't need to do that every single time if he was already able to beat him.

The issue is that he has to run away from Pizzaface everytime before the final fight, otherwise the latter just kills him.

He wouldn't need to do that every single time if he was already able to beat him.
But that's contradicted by the fact that Pizzaface doesn't insta kill him in the final fight. So unless Peppino has progressively gotten stronger throughout the game, this is likely just a game mechanic so as to give the player a sense of urgency during Pizza Time.

It's likely that his anxiety and fears hold Peppino back and in the final fight he just snaps and let's go.

But that's contradicted by the fact that Pizzaface doesn't insta kill him in the final fight. So unless Peppino has progressively gotten stronger throughout the game, this is likely just a game mechanic so as to give the player a sense of urgency during Pizza Time.

It's likely that his anxiety and fears hold Peppino back and in the final fight he just snaps and let's go.
Or maybe, Peppino just went mad enough at the end of the game that he gained a power comparable to Pizza Face

Eh in the end it doesn't completely matter whether it's his full power or a new power, Peppino is stronger in the final phase then he is in the other fights, simple stuff. It's basically flavor text.

I'm pretty neutral regarding this since I think both sides sound correct. It's possible Peppino somehow got super strong because of his rage considering the storm and reality warping stuff, but it's also very possible he stopped letting his anxiety get the better of him and was done with Pizzaface's shit.

Exactly, whether it's just his own natural strength or a boost, it's just simply rage power at the end of the day.

This is what I meant. I didn't mean to deny or downplay anger as a reason, just that it may not be the only reason. He certainly gets a boost from rage, but I think he limits himself subconsciously (fears and anxieties) and consciously (not exerting what he's fully capable of, just doing what's necessary to progress) until he loses all patience with the tower. In any case, the chef gets angry, faster, and stronger in phase 3.
Pizzahead is definitely responsible for the reality warping in phase 3. The sudden storm is in line with the warping he did to the sky and moon in phase 2.

seems a bit like aim-dodge tbh, considering these clouds have a pattern for when to use thunder and Peppino can clearly notice these patterns, seems a bit iffy to me
I made a Vimeo version where is clearer.

If you check frame-by-frame (you can go through frames using Shift + Right/Left arrow), you can see that Peppino did indeed move before the cloud hit him.

I was going to offer doing a calc when seeing the initial MHS post. To help out with the calc, I think the pixels to cm may be a bit off. When putting Peppino's sprite into Krita, it turned out he stood around 61 pixels tall, give or take the hunching he does in his idle. That would change the pixels to roughly 2.9 cm each, and the bolt from roughly 185cm to 215cm.

I don't think it changes much about the calc/feat tiering, but even if telegraphed, Peppino is definitely reacting and parrying the lightning.

I'm neutral about scaling the cast to that lightning-parrying feat. Since it comes from a cartoonish cloud that's barely floating above the ground, who knows if its lightning is actually that fast. Then again, these clouds are only summoned through some totems by the tomahawk-throwing enemies, so it's very likely there's some shamanism stuff going on.

I'm neutral about scaling the cast to that lightning-parrying feat. Since it comes from a cartoonish cloud that's barely floating above the ground, who knows if its lightning is actually that fast. Then again, these clouds are only summoned through some totems by the tomahawk-throwing enemies, so it's very likely there's some shamanism stuff going on.
It's the rain dance. They dance the rain dance and it summons thunderclouds.

Ehhh maybe MHS combat speed at most? Like MHS combat and Supersonic travel
I agree and think this feat would only possibly change Peppino's combat speed. His travel speed (and likely other speeds such as reaction and attack) would still be Supersonic.

Back