• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Owl House Season 2B Ability Additions

Since The Owl House just wrapped up its second season, I’m going to add some of the new abilities from Season 2B(and abilities that I noticed were missing from earlier in the show). Without further adieu, let's begin.

Luz Noceda:
Social Influencing(This isn't from Season 2 but it’s something I thought was missing):She was able to convince a group of hopeless prisoners to escape their cells and fight against the warden(Season 1, Episode 1).

Eda Clawthorne:
Plant Manipulation: Eda has the ability to create vines (Imgur gif version)and control bushes(Imgur gif version)(Both from Season 2, Episode 15).

Illusion Creation:She has shown to be capable of making illusions(Imgur gif version). Twice(Imgur gif version)(Season 2,Episode 15).

Adhesive Manipulation: She can manipulate and control abomination goo(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 15).

Mind Manipulation: Eda mentions having a charm that turns people into obedient zombies(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 11). She also knows how to make a Blabber Serum, said Serum forces anyone who drinks it to reveal their secrets(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 14).

Hooty:
Non-Physical Interaction:He was capable of eating ghosts. (Imgur gif version)He isn’t seen eating them on screen but Hooty needs to swallow something before he can pellet it and the ghosts came out of Hooty’s owl pellet.(Season 2, episode 17).

Enhanced Senses: Hooty was able to hear the coven scout’s marching while they were a good distance away and nobody else in the house mentioned hearing it(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 17).

Amity Blight:
Sound Manipulation: She can use her magic to alter the sound of her voice to mimic others(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 14).

Gus Porter:
Plant Manipulation: With Luz’s Plant Glyph, Gus can create vines(Imgur gif version). The Plant and Fire glyphs should be listed as optional equipment for Gus, due to Luz giving them to him in Through The Looking Glass Ruins(Season 2, Episode 5).

Emperor Belos:

Thread Manipulation:He was summoning magic thread to bind Eda to the ground(Imgur gif version)(Season 1, Episode 19).

Illusion Creation:He can make a large holographic clone of himself(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 11). He does it a second time, during King's Tide(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 21)

Smoke Manipulation: In a flashback, Belos is shown with the ability to generate smoke(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 16).

Light Manipulation:in the previously mentioned flashback, Belos also is shown to have the ability to create and manipulate beams of light(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 16).

Energy projection: His staff is capable of firing off energy blasts(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 21).

Last, but definitely not least, The Collector:
Longevity:They are multiple centuries old. He existed when Belos still used the name Phillip all the way back in the Deadwardian era(The 1600s)(The clip of Phillip comes from Season 2, Episode 12 while the Deadwardian Era screenshot comes from Season 2,Episode 5)

Flight:They can levitate(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, Episode 21).

Earth Manipulation:They have the ability to destroy and manipulate rock structures(Imgur gif version)(Season 2, episode 21).

That is all the revisions I’m proposing. We can talk about any other revisions to make to the profiles in this thread as well.

Last edited:
Luz should probably also get limited flight via levitation glyphs

Collector already has immortality type 1 on their profile so neutral on him getting longevity instead

Everything else seems fine. Also if you put these on the pages, probably best to use imgur gifs and not use yt links if you were planning on doing so since yt clips can be taken down by Disney

Thanks for the suggestion. I've started working on that, but I have a question. Do you know how to post gifs with sound?
I have no idea. The best idea I have is just downloading whatever yt vid you need and just clipping it then uploading it. If you're on mobile though... RIP

That seems fine

Also if you can tell me which abilities need gifs or which episodes they’re in I could probably get gifs with sound

Also if you can tell me which abilities need gifs or which episodes they’re in I could probably get gifs with sound
Okay then:
Amity's Sound Manipulation comes from 4 minutes and 25 seconds in to Reaching Out.
Eda's first Mind Manipulation scan comes from 3 minutes and 16 seconds in to the episode, Follies At The Covens Day Parade.
Eda's second Mind Manipulation scan comes from 11 minutes and 30 seconds into Reaching Out.
Hooty's Enhanced Senses comes from 4 minutes and 30 seconds into Edge Of The World.

Okay then:
Amity's Sound Manipulation comes from 4 minutes and 25 seconds in to Reaching Out.
Eda's first Mind Manipulation scan comes from 3 minutes and 16 seconds in to the episode, Follies At The Covens Day Parade.
Eda's second Mind Manipulation scan comes from 11 minutes and 30 seconds into Reaching Out.
Hooty's Enhanced Senses comes from 4 minutes and 30 seconds into Edge Of The World.
I’ll get those when I manage to get to my PC

Looks good to me

But for Luz

Did she not use sleeping gas in Reaching Out and a previous episode? She should have Sleep Manipulation

Also in the same episode, she using combo glyphs to reverse Warden Wrath from a transformed giant form to his regular base form

Not sure if there's a specific ability name for that or does it fall under transmutation?

Looks good to me

But for Luz

Did she not use sleeping gas in Reaching Out and a previous episode? She should have Sleep Manipulation

Also in the same episode, she using combo glyphs to reverse Warden Wrath from a transformed giant form to his regular base form

Not sure if there's a specific ability name for that or does it fall under transmutation?

The first one required sleeping nettles so that should probably be listed as a requirement

As for the second one, the glyphs only reversed Wrath's transformed state because of the nature of the transformation. It was caused by firebee honey being added to the potion which transformed him so ice glyphs reversed it so I don't think it would count as transmutation or anything really.

It seems more like Reality Warping. When he was using telekinesis, it was very obvious what he was doing here; but here, it is more abrupt and bizarre.

The first one required sleeping nettles so that should probably be listed as a requirement

As for the second one, the glyphs only reversed Wrath's transformed state because of the nature of the transformation. It was caused by firebee honey being added to the potion which transformed him so ice glyphs reversed it so I don't think it would count as transmutation or anything really.
Gotcha. That's a reasonable explanation/justification

Back