• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Overflowing Chalice of Hatred

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
"Who the hell are you? Get out of my way, before I make you."

"They always say the best way to get over your fears is to face them, eh?"

It is a fateful night. After a particularly nasty argument between SOLSTICE and her new lover, Vayla, Russel had decided he had seen enough, and decided to crush the amoral warmongerer once and for all. And this time, there would be no coming back.

Speed Equalized. Speed Amps restricted. Battles takes place in an archaic ruins, the two fifty meters apart. 4-B SOL used.

Russel Raleigh:

SOLSTICE:

Anger:

SOL complains a lot about how Russel is obviously just jealous of her, striking a critical blow.

Seriously speaking, the two of them could easily end the battle with a single hit. SOL, thanks to sheer AP, Russel thanks to Adagio, which is probably gonna render Absolute Barriers pretty useless, as I understand it.

SOL could probably make it very difficult for Russel to fight logically just by being a bitch, though, while exploiting her own precog.

Unfortunately for SOL, they are attracted to two very different people. Very similar, but completely different.

While SOL has the big AP, it's really a matter of what exactly she can do here. Most magical blows are just going to go straight into the barrier and be absorbed. As for offensively, does SOL need to breathe, by any chance? If I recall correctly, her body still maintains proper anatomically correct innards, so it's not implausible for a lung crush to cripple her off the bat, at least for a fair while.

(It's entirely plausible for him to use her more limited resistances and just toss a transmutation at her off the bat, but it's decently out-of-character, since most people resist it in-verse anyways.)

SOL doesn't need to breathe and her lungs are one set of organs that's more for show, but if she stresses about a lung injury too much she'll make it worse. It'll definitely **** her over though, and might cause her to panic.

SOL typically tries to get into melee anyways, so even if Russel's barrier can block her magical blows, she'll just get in and try to punch him.

Naturally, he isn't much of a fan of melee combat. What does SOL have against being constantly ragdolled by physics-bending 'telekinesis' and vacuum creation?

Unless Starvation is Adagio, she'd probably be able to resist it to some degree, more and more, and keep her footing eventually.

It is. While some of the exact techniques, such as screwing with the air, are simply base Magic level, he'd likely have a fair time with bending physics to play keep-away. And SOL really doesn't have a lot of solid ranged attacks that can scuff the finish here, so it would be beneficial for him to do such.

As a natural tactician and genius of magic, predicting him may be surprisingly difficult- while it may be within her knowledge to predict people, predicting the use of magic seems to be another story- SOL is weaker in the field of magic, which is conveniently, where he happens to be the top of his multiversal class in. Seeing as he relies on physical motions less than magical ones, predicting him may be a bit more difficult when he's just... standing there, menacingly.

This'll be like, the high fantasy equivalent of the Sans battle, with a one-shottable fellow standing in place and avoiding attacks while ragdolling the much more durable opponent to hell and back.

Yeah, SOL can't predict magic very well at all.

With that in mind, I can see SOL throwing an increasingly bad tantrum because she can't get close and doesn't understand why, and suffering worse and worse internal bleeding all the while

Does she have practical methods of closing the gap or securing a hit?

Not much I can think of. Maybe in a moment of extreme panic she could defy physics a bit more brazenly, but it'd be super difficult.

It would be very useful for her to start doing that. What has she shown to be able to do?

Not much in this key. She's able to defy it more in the future; breaking through Kyarne's manipulated space and so on. She could do so here, but thanks to less magical knowledge she'd have more difficulty.

So, what is there to look out for?

(I am curious if the higher tier keys would put up more of a fight, but I don't know much about them so I decided to start safe. Do inform me, though.)

Switched to 4-B.

What do you see changing?

SOL probably has a better chance of getting close and delivering a decisive blow this way, since she may be able to break through altered space and other physics fun to get close enough to hit. I dunno though. Smurfs

What kinds of physics stuff has she used before?

I think I mentioned some examples on Discord. I can't think of many else right now.

So I suppose the question is,

Can she actually get close enough and outmaneuver his magical expertise in order to land a proper hit, whilst being drained and siphoned of energy?

(The Solar Drive producing energy at a monumental rate is a saving grace, though she's still on a very short rope.)

Back