• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One Below All

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know yet. It could be anywhere between tier 2-C and 0 for all that we have learned.

it obviously isn't 0, yobo seems to be right in that part though, it should atleast scale however high mephisto does as mephisto himself stated that he's weaker than TOBA

Yes, Al Ewing doesn't care if anything makes sense or not. He also had the Black Panther beat an entity that killed the Living Tribunal, and let the Human Torch burn a multiversal embodiment of darkness to death, among other things.

Yeah. This was earth 616 hulk and not a powered up one right? Ive heard a lot of people saying composite hulk is 1-A as a result.

Im still lowkey dissapointed that the one below all was a character under every limitation possible, even below dimensional space itself lol. Would have made for an interesting addition to the tiering system.

Also can a tier 0 even be affected by plot induced stupidity?

Yes, it can. Brian Bendis could technically have had his main pet character, Luke Cage, beat up the One Above All if he felt like it, as could Al Ewing. Neither of them give a damn about their stories having any coherent logical structure.

Yeah. Its kind of weird having someone beyond the story itself get affected by plot induced stupidity. Especially if omnipotence were still a thing lol.

Edit: UMMM ANT? What happened to da notifications? My old read ones just disappeared!?!?!?!

I remember Hulk being powered by The One Below All's energy, which is why he one-shotted him.

No, the Hulk just had his own power returned to him by the Absorbing Man.

The sad thing is that Al Ewing is likely Marvel's current most skilled writer, unless you count Jonathan Hickman. Not that there is much competition, but nevertheless.

1) Hulk didn't defeat the One Below All in the Immortal Hulk #13, what he did was to defeat Brian Banner, and without Brian he couldn't have a connection to that place (this is something practically confirmed by the writer)

2) The fire that beat Nyx wasn't just "The Human Torch". Vision said that Nyx was defeated because the light of the House rejected her, so what burned her was more like the light/ fire of creation/imagination, in the form of the Human Torch, yes, because he was more or less the first superhero of Marvel, so, in a metafictional way, he's the beggining of the whole creation.

And about the main topic, yes, the best it's wait and see to determine the One Below All tier. He's at least 2-C though

Indeed, Vision only defeated Nyx because he was "drinking" from the same fountain of power, the canvas where The One Above All draws upon for creation. He was heavily amped, we don't have issue with Herc being amped to Chaos King levels but somehow with Vision or Black Panther amped to almost-omnipotence levels for a single story? Ewing's stories make sense from a metatextually kind of way - the One Below All is by definition a powerless agent because he is the shadow of all things, so he wouldn't work under usual definitions of power levels. Not like Hulk even got rid of him anyway, he just made him disperse and even the characters talk about how they need to get out of his realm fast.

1) Well, he blew away the entity surrounding Brian, but you may be correct.

2) I understood all of the metafictional angles of the story, including the distortion of context directed against the Comicsgate movement, but what was portrayed as happening in the story is The Vision manifesting lots of superheroes from different eras, culminating in the original Human Torch burning away a conceptual entity with literal weaponised Plot-Induced Stupidity/"because the writers/TOAA wanted it to happen".

This is typical for Al Ewing. Among other things, he has also had the Black Panther beat the Logos, and Spectrum beat a supposed Beyonder-level entity. According to his "logic", anybody with sufficient willpower can supposedly affect conceptual entities, regardless of stature, since they are only ideas, and "pure imagination" (Technically Marvel writers are mostly just building on the imagination of Jack Kirby, and are gradually deteriorating the franchise into decadence and incoherence, but nevertheless) excuses a completely lack of rational storytelling structure and continuity.

Black Panther beat Logos because in Superflow, combat is metaphor and Tiger God amped him to do so, not with raw power or anything

That is pretentious plot-induced stupidity nonsense and favoritism on the part of the writer. He should not be able to affect something unfathomable infinities above his own level, period.

The Tiger God traditionally was simply what kept stone age humans afraid of the wild animals outside of the cave. It was logically a local Earthbound minor fear-powered deity that empowered the White Tiger to be a low level superhuman, and the Black Panther was able to overpower it in combat.

Combat is a metaphor isn't quite accurate, as even true Platonic concepts try to gain dominance against each other to increase their influence over reality, but in order to work on that level you need raw metaphysical power of a sufficient scale to affect the conceptual structure of the entire multiverse, i.e. how it fundamentally works, in laws of physics and otherwise.

Al Ewing has some skill as a writer, but his storytelling logic is thoroughly awful.

Law 's of physics get violated in fiction left and right so that's a useless point

Al Ewing thouroughly explained to those who paid attention that things which are logically 'impossible' were possible in the new reality because of Living Tribunal's decision. How concepts governing reality work in real life philosophy is irrelevant when it comes to fiction, because it is upto writers to decide how things will play out in there

Well, I strongly disagree, and consider an 8-A beating a 1-A extremely idiotic nonsensical storytelling structure and logic, regardless of the excuses thrown into the mixture to justify this, but I strongly doubt that we will get anywhere by pursuing this line of conversation any further.

He's 11-C because his name clearly states he is below everything OVO.

But in all seriousness, we should probably wait until we know more before assigning a tier.

I don't see how The One Below All could be lower than 1-A. It's stated that he is the equal Opposite of The One above all. And that he is the ruler of Hell (In fact it's also below everything/all) that is a place absent of The One Above All Unity and even split into 2. Everything is part of TOAA Unity. It's even been shown that toaa would repesent the Tree of Life and TOBA the Qlippoth.

Well, I don't think that it was stated to be equal to TOAA yet, or at least I don't remember it. We should wait until we know more.

Antvasima said:
Well, I don't think that it was stated to be equal to TOAA yet, or at least I don't remember it. We should wait until we know more.
It's stated by al ewing twitter and his interview.

And The below all is still a place outside of TOAA. Nothing in Marvel is outside of TOAA influence.

I am not sure how you arrived at the conclusions that you drew from the linked images.

What Al Ewing interview and Twitter answers?

Well, none of this is an official confirmation yet, as far as I can see.

What do you mean? Geburah being god strength is official confirmed. ToBa existing outside of TOAA influence is confirmed. And anything else I said is confirmed. Just because you deny it doesn't mean it's not confirmed lol.

And that God in this comic refers to TOAA because God is the opposite of Toba which Toaa also is.

I am just saying that a philosphical speculation in a narrative is not confirmation yet. We need more concrete information before we create a profile. It is too early yet.

Also, what Al Ewing interview and Twitter comments?

It is better if you show them now as well.

Antvasima said:
1) Well, he blew away the entity surrounding Brian, but you may be correct.
2) I understood all of the metafictional angles of the story, including the distortion of context directed against the Comicsgate movement, but what was portrayed as happening in the story is The Vision manifesting lots of superheroes from different eras, culminating in the original Human Torch burning away a conceptual entity with literal weaponised Plot-Induced Stupidity/"because the writers/TOAA wanted it to happen".

This is typical for Al Ewing. Among other things, he has also had the Black Panther beat the Logos, and Spectrum beat a supposed Beyonder-level entity. According to his "logic", anybody with sufficient willpower can supposedly affect conceptual entities, regardless of stature, since they are only ideas, and "pure imagination" (Technically Marvel writers are mostly just building on the imagination of Jack Kirby, and are gradually deteriorating the franchise into decadence and incoherence, but nevertheless) excuses a completely lack of rational storytelling structure and continuity.
Out of curiosity, when did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back