• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One Above All's appearance in the ultimates2 #100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOAA ultimates2
The One Above All makes a small cameo in the ultimates 2. He pretty much says what we already know about the character. However his last line "The mystery intrigues me" caught my eye. What do you think it means and what does it relate to? Share your thoughts on it.

I think that it was a reference to the Fantastic Four story in which he appeared in the form of Jack Kirby, and said something similar. Or at least I recall the writer, Al Ewing mentioning this.

Btw: I added that scan to his profile page gallery.

I love how there was a callback to the 60s Fantastic Four comic.

And The One Above All embodies everything, but at the same time everything is separate from him, and he simultaneously exists outside of everything.

He is kinda like Yog-Sothoth.

Here's how Al Ewing described The Outside, btw:

It's not really a realm — it's outside all realms. Beyond everything — beyond limbo, beyond the Neutral Zone, beyond even Eternity's influence. Right out into the absolute nothing. The Ultimates are heading out there because time is broken — or at least clearly badly dented — and they want to take a look at the damage, and they can't really do that from the inside. You can't fix a car while you're in it — you've got to get out and take a look under the hood. By taking this difficult, dangerous journey to the very outside of everything, the team are hoping to get a fresh perspective on what's wrong with spacetime and, maybe, take some steps to correct the problems.

Eternity = Multiverse

The Outside = The Timeless Spaceless nothing outside the Multiverse

Beyond the Shore = Nonexistence

Matthew Schroeder said:
Eternity = Multiverse
The Outside = The Timeless Spaceless nothing outside the Multiverse

Beyond the Shore = Nonexistence
I thought the outside is nonexistences and I thought oblivion realm is in the outside.( it was stated that its beyond everything which can mean every creation etc)

If Eternity is High 1-B and is the entire Multiverse, where exactly is it stepping on? The Outside, i.e, literally what's outside the multiverse.

...Makes sense . If Eternity is the Multiverse and the Embodiment of Time and Space... I still am wondering how something inside Eternity was said to not be bound by time or space.

I don't think you understand my problem here Number . Being not limited / not bound by time or space .. . I meant the M'krann Crystal/Nexus of All Realities [ which has two things stated to be not bound/limited by time or space, which has MUCH different implications than being beyond time and space ] , the one Phoenix re-created , the one Franklin was stated to be far superior to and re-created subconsciously .

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
...Makes sense . If Eternity is the Multiverse and the Embodiment of Time and Space... I still am wondering how something inside Eternity was said to not be bound by time or space.
Probably just another one of Marvel's inconsistencies.

I think that the M'Kraan Crystal was simply intended to be beyond regular universal space-time, not beyond space and time as concepts in their entirety.

I am not certain. Wolverine with the M'krann crystal had access to " all of creation " and can do with it as he pleases . That's definitely far greater than just beyond universal space time.

It was most likely hyperbole, or simply referring to the universe in this storyline. Marvel is extremely inconsistent.

Anyway, since this topic seems to have been dealt with, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back