• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Requests Thread - 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need this done for a verse that i will build. It's so far the best feat of the verse.

Verse: Olympus at War/Pegasus

Priority: 1 or 2 (Affects almost all gods and fighters in the series)

Descriptio: Jupiter summons a lightning bolt so strong that it shaves off the top of the Empire State Building and proceeds to generate a power outage in the city of New York in a matter of minutes. Said poweroutage then spreads to New Jersey almost immediately after.

Feat:

Suddenly there was an ever louder peal of thunder and brilliant flash of lightning. It struck the Empire so hard, the antenna at the top of the building exploded in a flash of electrical sparks and flying debris.

Emily could hardly believe what she had just witnessed. She wiped the tears from her blurred eyes as all the lights in the tall building blinked out. Immediately after, the lights in buildings around it went out. The darkness spread like a grape-juice stain on the carpet, as the city was hit with a blackout.

Emily followed the progression of the blackout as she peered up Broadway. Block after block was going dark. Even the street and traffic lights were out. It wasn't long before the power outage reached her block, plunging her apartment building into darkness. She leaned further against the glass and tried to see where the blackout ended. It didn't. The whole city was in darkness.

She jumped as her cell burst to life. With trembling hands she flipped it open and read her father's name on the small view screen.

'Dad,' she cried. 'You won't believe what just happened! The top of the Empire just blew up! Lightning hit it and it exploded. Pieces went flying everywhere!'

'I just heard,' her father said anxiously. 'Are you all right? Did anything hit our building?'

'No, everything's fine,' Emily replied, hiding the fact that she was far from fine. She was actually starting to get very frightened. 'But the power's gone out. From what I can see, it's dark all over the city.' E

mily heard another voice in the background. Her father cursed before speaking to her again.

'We're getting reports that the blackout has spread to all the boroughs and is now hitting New Jersey. This is a big one, Em. And from what I've just been told, it's not going to be fixed anytime soon.

@Kepekley

I think no one has taken that feat on b/c we don't know how to approach it. Causing a power outage sounds since, but if certain parts of the grid are destroyed it would knock off the power despite the needed AP to do so being low.

The lightning only hit the Empire State Building, though. How could it destroy the grid? Unless i'm missing something here.

I read it wrong then. I thought "proceeds to generate a power outage" meant it proceeded to move past the building before striking the grid. My fault. I'm still not sure what would be needed to knock out a power grid via overloading the system. Its probably Building level at least considering most lightning strikes don't knock out power instantly.

Edit: Yeah, looks building level. A large group of nuclear reactors produce about 4000 megawatts, or 4x10^9 joules. Right in building level. To overload that kind of grid you would need to trump that power.

Importance/Priority: Tier 1 (Should scale to the rest of the playable verse thus far.) Duna (Wonderful World)'s Tyrfing is faster than even Lightning Fall, and even though it's Ground To Air Lightning, according to Duna's profile, it is indeed real (I'll provide proof later.). It'll need to be reviewed again when either Heathrod or Magenda is playable...

Name of the Verse/Character:Wonderful World (Verse)

Brief Feat Description: Sasari (Wonderful World) backdashes from a Tyrfing done by Duna (Wonderful World) at 8:35, right when it is about to end. I request this as I discovered Duna did the same arm raising before she slammed the orb that triggered Chain Lightning/Lightning Fall, making Tyrfing quicker as the aforementioned abilities happens after the fact. Keep this in mind when anyone accepts the request.

Good luck! :) BTW: Here's the proof...

Discharge is a specific ability, it is not magic, so it seems to have magical power separately from this, but there is no sense at all.
~ Taken from Duna's Profile in the guide.​
There's also Shake who tried to see the flow of magic regarding the Lightning; just take this in mind...

The power of the spirit... No, it is different. How did you come up with that power?
~ Shake after defeating Duna​
I hope this helps for the calc! :)

@Assalt

I decided to do a more thorough search, and found a source saying that NYC consumed 55,000 gigawatts of energy in 2007, which, when divided by 365, would wield 150 gigawatts a day. Which in turn would wield 5.4e+14 joules, or 130 kilotons. That's Large Town level.

Is this....even remotely possible?

@Kepekley

I can pretty much guarantee if you surged the grid with a full days worth of power in one second it was overload.

1736111 watts is the result of that number divided down into seconds. Only Wall level.

I woud like to ask to (if it wasn't done before), to calculate this feat:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1133092

Importance/Priority: Tier 1-2 (Potentially able to upgrade many Enies Lobby Arc characters, like Blueno, and everyone stronger than them).

Name of the Verse/Character: Franky (One Piece).

Brief Feat Description: Franky tank and survive Vegapunk Lab's Destruction with moderate damage at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back