• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most METAL characters of all time

Since another user only LISTED him without giving any detail, I will give a proper metal evaluation for Dark Schneider:

Bastard-v19 0036
Bastard-v21 0142
Looks: IDK. YOU TELL ME.

Voice: .....

Brutality: To name a few, savagely murderstomped the God of Destruction who was hyped up since the very beginning of the series for 14 volumes. Also later on, made a high level demonic god (much stronger than aforementioned God of Destruction) cry for mercy, beat him to a bloody pulp multiple times, then ATE HIM, erasing him from existence entirely. This didn't sit well with a few of the 7 demon lords of Hell.

Cool Abilities: Millions of degrees fire spells, absolute zero ice spells, millions of volts lightning spells, Nuclear fission inducing/BFR black magic, Demon horde summoning, high level demon sealing, Atomic existence erasure, giant ass energy beams, black holes, illusions, a massive dragon mecha, some of the most broken defenses in fiction, and much much more.

Cool NAMES: Spells with names like Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Venom, Exodus, Napalm Death, etc., that if you couldn't already tell, are refrenced to 1980's to present day heavy metal bands. His attacks are quite literally rooted in metal.

Bastard-v21 0124
No Bullshit Policy: Triedto kill his self-described best friend and "other half" Kall-Su with one of his deadliest and most brutal spells, simply because he was called a "bug" by the former.
Goal: Conquer the earth (he was so close at first) and set up a global harem for himself and all women of the world (he isn't as self centered as you may think!). However, since the Angels and Demons invaded earth and the events of the LITERAL book of Revelation from the Bible have unfolded, he has now decided to cleanse the earth of their presence before resuming world domination. What a guy.

Womanizer: [See above]

Name: His name is a refrence to the German heavy metal artist Dirkschneider. Baller.

Color Scheme: No real set color scheme with him as he is always changing costume, but some more prevalent ones have been red (the color of victory) and white (his hair color), with some black on some of his outfits. Metal af.

A Man?: After reading all this, again, you tell me. You tell me...

Okay, here are the Space Marines.

Look at some of these designs. Of course they look good.

The Angels of Death. Nuff ****ing said.

With Space Marines, there is never a kill like Overkill. Seriously. "Cleanse and Purge" is their motto.

Look at their ablities. They can eat literraly anything, have spare organs incase some fail, have High-Low Regen, CAN SPIT FREAKING ACID, and the Black Templars (My personal favorite of the chapters) can no sell psychics.

In a world full of Tyranads, Hyperversal Chaos Gods, Heretics that worship them, Orks, and countless others, they fight in the name of the Emperor, and they kick some Ass.

Color Scheme varies greatly, but the Black Templars definietly take it.

And last but most metal of all, Chainswords and Bolters. Chainswords are a mix of both Chainsaw and swords..... Do I really need to continue? And Bolters are guns, but they fire gigantic explosive rounds. When they go bang, they go BANG!

Guts. I don't even need to follow that up, but I'll add that he's a deeply nuanced character who earns his victories with skill and endurance instead of having some convoluted hax hand them to him.

Gj7q17muy5nz
BatJoker Federici color 599b6edaeba246.52071412
Batman Who Laughs from Batman METAL

Cool looking

Pictured, litterally look at this man

Cool sounding

Laughs like joker sounds like batman

Excessively Brutal

Killed everyone on his earth just for fun

Has cool abilities

Reality warping, Prep God

Has cool NAMES of said abilities

You already know

Doesn't put up with anyone's SHIT

Just for giggles

Has nigh impossible goals that only they can accomplish (because they are so metal)

Conquiring the multiverse

Has a cool name

Master Bruce!, Bat King

Has a cool color scheme

Black the coolest color there is come on now

The Wright Way said:
@zensum that character needs a profile on here as soon as possible.
Yeah I agree! Waiting for the event to end its weekly/monthy right now. A lot of new DC profiles to add tbh

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'd say it's about time we brought in someone who isn't on the wiki yet. Pull up a seat, sit down...
Vnov3p-700x894
...and say hello to Elric of Melniboné. As far as the whole concept of 'metal' characters in fantasy is concerned, this guy was one of the forefathers. I haven't read his books in what feels like an age, but I remember more than enough of the details to make a case for him. So yeah, let's give this man his due, eh?

Cool looks?

• Buddy, stare at the picture for a moment and then decide for yourself. I'll wait.
Cool names?

• Apart from his main title, we have 'Elric Kinslayer', 'The Albino Emperor', 'The White Wolf', 'The Eternal Champion' and 'The Pale Prince of Ruins', among numerous others.
Cool abilities?

• Stands as the most accomplished sorcerer his world has ever seen.
  • Owns the Ring of Kings, a bejeweled ring which allows him to call Arioch, Lord of Chaos and Duke of Hell, to his aid, as well as summon beasts, demons and even Elemental Gods.
  • Is also in possession of Stormbringer, a sentient black blade which (among other things) steals the souls of anyone cut by it, and is only held in check by Elric's enormous will. Soul Edge? You're looking that thing's great-granddaddy. (More on that later)
Brutality?

• Yyrkoon (Elric's cousin) left him for dead and, along with a number of others swayed to his cause, attempted to seize control of the Ruby Throne in his absence. When Elric returned, Yyrkoon was arrested and sentenced to eat the flesh of his fellow conspirators as punishment.
Nigh-impossible goals?

• Traveled through the caverns of one of the infinite hells, slaying beasts and taking names, just to save his beloved from Yyrkoon's clutches. (The latter kidnapped her during his escape from imprisonment)
Takes nobody's shit?

• [see the above two categories]
Bonus: Influence!

• If you're into a fantasy series of some sort, chances are that you've seen an extremely 'metal' character who was inspired by Elric at some point. Malus Darkblade? Geralt of Rivia? Arthas Menithil? Siegfried Schtauffe and Nightmare? I can name you plenty of these guys who owe their existence to him in some way, shape or form.
  • Where other characters take influence from rock and metal, this man inspires his ow songs within the genres. Just look up the amount of rock/metal ballads referencing Elric and Stormbringer. You'll be floored. (Just for the **** of it, here's one of my old favorites.)
P.S.: The guy has a lot of books, but I assure you that they're well worth reading if you're into fantasy literature. I might even bring him to the wiki at some point once I'm less busy with other things.

You can add Anomander Rake to that list. Was going to name him as well. Well, I will. But once I do you will see the similarities. :p

Time to bring in a hidden gem:

Kazuya Mishima

Looks
The man has one glowing red eye

Voice

He sounds like he'd kick your ass just for existing and it's irritating him

Excessively Brutal

Have you seen his Devil Form's rage art?

Has Cool Abilities Can Lightning Charge himself and turn into a demon

Has cool names of said moves Electric Wind Godfist and Inferno, nuff said

Doesn't put up with ANYONES shit

He fought Akuma for breaking into his corporation AKUMA

Has nigh impossible goals only they can accomplish(because they are so metal)

Wants to kill his father for revenge for throwing him off a cliff and kill his son to achieve A B S O L U T E P O W E R(He achieved the 1st one)

Has a cool name

Devil Kazuya, Cold Blooded Leader, Controller of The Devil

Has a cool color scheme

Black Business Suit, Flame Pattern Karate Gi pants
Kazuya Mishima
Falling from a ravine? Survive by dealing with the devil. Falling into a volcano? Get revived by a rival company.

Devil kazuya true form beta extraction by jin 05-d5hamk4
Devil Kazuya as he appears in Tekken Tag Tournament 2

I'm rather shocked that no one has mentioned Guts.

Guts Berserker
Guts

-Cool looking: definitely

-Cool sounding: A man that was born from a corpse that was hung from a tree and killed a man at the age of 9.

-Excessively Brutal: rammed a guy with a sword, proceeded to cut his tongue off while being lifted in the air with a sword through him, then kicked him down like a 20 story free fall.

-Has cool abilities: Metal arm that turns into a cannon and a crossbow. The Berserker Armor.

-Has cool NAMES of said abilities: The Berserker Armor, nuff said

-Doesn't put up with anyone's SHIT: he doesn't.

-Has nigh impossible goals that only they can accomplish (because they are so metal): literally wants to take on the Godhand while only being Human.

-Womanizers (Optional): kinda....

-Has a cool name: Guts literally means entrails

-Has a cool color scheme: You all be the judge of that.

-A MAN (Prefered, but not fully required [we don't discriminate here ^_^]): Check

Nico-v11 said:
I'm rather shocked that no one has mentioned Guts.
Guts Berserker
Guts

-Cool looking: definitely

-Cool sounding: A man that was born from a corpse that was hung from a tree and killed a man at the age of 9.

-Excessively Brutal: rammed a guy with a sword, proceeded to cut his tongue off while being lifted in the air with a sword through him, then kicked him down like a 20 story free fall.

-Has cool abilities: Metal arm that turns into a cannon and a crossbow. The Berserker Armor.

-Has cool NAMES of said abilities: The Berserker Armor, nuff said

-Doesn't put up with anyone's SHIT: he doesn't.

-Has nigh impossible goals that only they can accomplish (because they are so metal): literally wants to take on the Godhand while only being Human.

-Womanizers (Optional): kinda....

-Has a cool name: Guts literally means entrails

-Has a cool color scheme: You all be the judge of that.

-A MAN (Prefered, but not fully required [we don't discriminate here ^_^]): Check
And this guy

Let me introduce you all to V:

-Cool looking

Hero's Welcome concept art

Just LOOK AT THIS MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! He's the lovechild of Odin, the manliest beard ever, and the deepest, most infernal pits of Hell! In fact, we all got pregnant just by looking at him!

-Cool sounding

V is not voice acted, for the sound of V's voice would make even the manliest man cower with fear!

-Excessively Brutal

V has nothing onscreen here. Presumably since anything V does to cause damage is too violent to show on any kind of media.

-Has cool abilities

The guy can crossover himself into any fictional verse he wants to. Ones he have canonically visited include, but are not limited to, Lord of the Rings, Resident Evil, Dragon Ball, Bioshock, Godzilla, The Muppets, Stellar Dawn (Which is a CANCELLED GAME!), Sherlock Holmes, and many others! While all of his fights were off-screen, one can only assume the sorts of things he pulled off, when dealing with the beforementioned 'verses.

-Has cool NAMES of said abilities

V is smart enough to know that screaming the names of your abilities is a bad move. The names of his abilities are not known.

-Doesn't put up with anyone's SHIT

Empowered himself with an artefact, the use of which enraged the demigods responsible for creating the dragons!

-Has nigh impossible goals that only they can accomplish (because they are so metal)

Pretty much single-handedly protected his people during an all-out war of the Gods, and then became a God, himself!

-Womanizers (Optional)

V does not womanize, for V can see no threat to his masculinity.

-Has a cool name

V only needs one letter to sound badass!

-Has a cool color scheme

V has no need for a puny color scheme.

-A MAN (Prefered, but not fully required [we don't discriminate here ^_^])

V is not "A" man. V is "THE" man.

Thank you. I wanted to add V to this, but realised that he didn't have all that many of the requirements, due to literally no on-screen fights, so I had to fill in the blanks with PURE METAL!

You can start with the collection "Chronicles of the Last Emperor of Melniboné", which is a giant 6 book series Omnibus that collects every single Elric story published in order of release

Elric's, you mean?

Honestly, I'd start with the six main/original books before moving on to anything else. First one is just called "Elric of Melnibone", followed by:

• Sailor on the Seas of Fate
  • The Weird of the White Wolf
  • The Vanishing Tower (this one was originally called "The Sleeping Sorceress", so if you see that anywhere, it's the same book)
  • Bane of the Black Sword
  • Stormbringer
There's a crapton of other Elric books tied to both the Elric series and the greater Moorcock Multiverse, but I can't remember the order to them. Still, those should be the best gateway.

I think there's a comic adaptation of the first Elric book, also, so you might want to check that out as well.

No problem. I got ninja'd by Matt, and I hadn't even thought to look into collected editions of the series. But I'm glad to help anyway.

One thing you'll want to remember is, the Elric books weren't written/published in chronological order. IIRC, the first published book is actually the last in the timeline, with literally every other Elric story taking place prior to the events of that one.

Once I finish rereading the Elric books I have on my Kindle, I'm gonna see about bringing the character to the wiki. That should be fun.

DMUA said:
Well... I think I'll go for Ryüko Matoi.
An epic, tomboyish voice (In the Japanese dub, at least. Don't have access to the english version.)

Amazing Regen, some SCP-682 level reactive evolution that can let her entire suit get covered in spikes and grants her the ability to fly, both of which were done pretty much instantly. (Okay, not quite SCP-682 level, she's definietly not nigh unto unkillable.)

DECAPITATION MODE, DO I NEED TO FREAKING ELABORATE

Walks into an established adademy and starts beating up every single frickn club leader in there, giving the headmaster a MASSIVE **** you.

Red and black always works.
Not to mention she

• Ate a lemon raw in the first few seconds she appeared.
  • Shrugged off having her heart ripped out.
  • Willing let herself get ripped in half for the sake of winning a fight... twice.
  • Shed so much blood that it covered her entire body, and the battlefield around her, and was still concious and standing.
  • When she's angry enough she grows fangs that pierce through her skull, her sword melds into her arm and she grows an inexplicable spike stabbing her leg all while gushing gallons of blood.
  • She reversed the effects of having her brain rewritten by punching herself in the face.
  • Her willpower is somehow so strong that it can physically cause shockwaves that pulverize concrete fortresses.
  • She also somehow managed to breath and talk in the vacuum of space...while her lungs got destroyed.
  • As if the last two examples weren't enough proof of this, the laws physics and logic are more like suggestions to her, as she can also run up 90 degree angles and upside down if she's angry enough.

Back