• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Morbius Discussion Thread

Makes sense, although the distance seems more like hundreds of meters, the distance he summoned them from looks pretty long
Also what would Base Morbius' speed be? Most of his speed feats come from the scenes where he consumes real blood
His call is from hundreds of meters, I was more talking about his direct 'beam of bats' he used to launch Milo back into a pipe. But yea.

Also his echolocation seemed to be pretty wide and precise too, able to scan what seemed like a good chunk of new york and pick out two voices that were whispering out from the cacophony of the city.

Base speed...well given it takes place in New York, the pistol given for on duty police officers in new york is either a Glock 17 Gen 4 or a Glock 19 Gen 4, both of which, as far as I can tell, seem to have a muzzle velocity just greater than that of sound at 375 m/s.

I don't know how to do speed calcs though lol.

Or what about that serum thingy or whatever it is that Morbius used to kill Milo?

Does the scene have any good feats? I don't recall anything too impressive
There was the acrobatic part, where he climbs up a bookshelf and jumps twenty feet into the air and back flips onto a hanging pipe, and it also implied that he can use his echolocation as a kind of 'spider sense' beyond just a tracking device, and can use it to 'see' his environment around himself in real time and react to it, with him being able to catch a ball bouncing around him at incredibly high speeds thrown by him, which is then re-incorporated later in one of the subway things where he dodges one of Milo's attacks, before milo's slight speed and strength advantage results in him getting hit backwards.

He could also look into the events several miles away from him

Idk if the glass is supposed to be that durable, and what ability is turning someone into a vampire?

For the Morbius comics page it just says 'can turn his victims into psuedo-vampires' with a link to 'biological manipulation'.
I guess that works, he is altering their biology after all
That would be for Base Morbius right? since it was seemingly him biting her that transformed her

Probably way higher, but it would require calculation. Slowmotion feats are usually pretty nuts.
That's usually because the person viewing the thing in Slow-motion is moving at normal speeds, Morbius is also slowed down in his slow-motion scenes

And Morbius's bats can also lift him in the air to help him fly too, or is it just Morbius himself flying?

Seems more like the bats just swarming Morbius while he's flying
They still could restain Milo so they're pretty stronk bats

I mean, Morbius and Milo did tear up half of the construction site during their fight

Would it also be wrong to say that they have blunt force durability, but not much piercing durability, given that it's shown (at least IIRC) that bullets can 'hurt' them, or at least break their skin, and Milo's skin didn't seem to resist the medical needle that injected him with the iron thing near the end.

And also, when Morbius forms into his vampire state, does it affect his intelligence?

And also, when Morbius forms into his vampire state, does it affect his intelligence?
It doesn't seem like it, he probably retains his usual intelligence
Would it also be wrong to say that they have blunt force durability, but not much piercing durability, given that it's shown (at least IIRC) that bullets can 'hurt' them, or at least break their skin, and Milo's skin didn't seem to resist the medical needle that injected him with the iron thing near the end.
I mean bullets can harm 9-B things because of piercing damage already so that wouldn't be too unusual. As for the needle maybe it's because Milo was weakened from the fight?

Also i wonder what milo’s piledrive destruction of the sidewalks into the underground area is

He seems to have destroyed a really big chunk of it, probably 9-A or at the very least on the higher end of 9-B
Is there any footage of the scene?

And also, when Morbius was scaring one of those thugs and referenced Venom, how does he know about him?

That's what I want to know, how would he know about venom?

The concrete fall shoupd definatly be calced, it could very well be 9-A
Shouldn't be that difficult even without the footage, though pixel scalling is always great

Let's assume they excavated a cylinder for simplicity's sake. They got down to the sewers, and NYC sewers are buried 500 feet underground, or 15240 cm. That's our "height".

I'll use the average shoulder width as the radius of our cylinder. They felt on their backs (but even then they made a massive hole) so I guess it's a lowball. Sorta. That would be 41 cm anyway.

Cylinder volume = h.r^2.pi

15240×1681×3.14 = 80,441,901.6 cm^3

I'll use v. frag value, they went through the ground but I remember there having debris in the scene. So concrete has v. frag value of 17 J/cc.

17 x 80,441,901.6 = 1,367,512,327.2 J, or ~0.3 tons, Building level.

Shouldn't be that difficult even without the footage, though pixel scalling is always great

Let's assume they excavated a cylinder for simplicity's sake. They got down to the sewers, and NYC sewers are buried 500 feet underground, or 15240 cm. That's our "height".

I'll use the average shoulder width as the radius of our cylinder. They felt on their backs (but even then they made a massive hole) so I guess it's a lowball. Sorta. That would be 41 cm anyway.

Cylinder volume = h.r^2.pi

15240×1681×3.14 = 80,441,901.6 cm^3

I'll use v. frag value, they went through the ground but I remember there having debris in the scene. So concrete has v. frag value of 17 J/cc.

17 x 80,441,901.6 = 1,367,512,327.2 J, or ~0.3 tons, Building level.
Interesting, although i'm pretty sure we get a shot of the hole after the fight and it looks way bigger

Back