• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Meta (Agent Maine) vs Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parody vs the real deal! Both are at 8-B with Speed Equalized. The arena is the Mother of Invention.

The Meta: 1

Master Chief: 6

Inconclusive: 0

The Meta:

• Time stop gives the Meta an edge
  • I believe the Meta has a minor arena advantage
Master Chief:

• More combat experience
  • Better tactician
Going with the real deal (Master Chief) Mid-Diff

The Meta can possibly win if he stops time and mauls Chief in place. But he almost never uses that move, so I am sure Chief should be able to counter anything Meta can do since he is far better trained and has far more experience.

Going with Chief if they are in character

The Meta: 0

Master Chief: 2

Well I remember The Meta using time stop quite a bit actually. It just uses a lot of his power, which is the problem

Maine always used it whenever he was inevitably in danger, plus he has an excellent weaponry advantage, going for him.

I'm also going with the Chief due to reasons above. About the arena advantage, I slightly disagree. The Mother of Invention is a Charon-class frigate, the same type of ship as the Forward Unto Dawn from Halo 3 and 4. Unless the internal structure of the ship is different, I don't see the Chief having a disadvantage with the location.

To be fair, Maine's experience is questionable, we don't know how much military experience he has with or before Project Freelancer. I think the armor enhancements give Meta an edge over Chief.

Vote to the Meta.

The Meta: 1

Master Chief: 5

I guess the parody can't be the original....for now

Just so no more bumps are needed, I'll go with Chief for reasons above giving him the win 9-1.

If this is the peak Meta than I would give him the edge for sure. I'm not seeing how the MC is beating a time-slowing / time-stopping, invisible killing machine equipped constantly with a bladed grenade launcher & domed energy shield.

I have no idea why people are saying that the Master Chief would win just because he has more experience... It's kind of feeling more like a popularity contest than people actually giving reasons...

Well, Meta does have the advantage in durability and hax. But Chief also has a signifigant stanima advatage in addition to skill and experience. On top of that, John is well known for having great luck, but luck IMO is generally considered PIS and I prefer not to use that as a source in VS debating. However, they both seem to be pretty even weaponry.

On second thought, I think I'll switch my vote to inconclusive for reasons I mentioned. But I don't think that changes the results.

Master Chief - 8

The Meta - 2

Inconclusive - 1

Okay, but the Master Chief's stamina, skill and experience isn't going to matter much when stacked against an invisible character that can stop time.

MC had to deal with invisible Elites, so it is nothing new. Besides, he has his motion tracker. Also, Meta's time stop doesn't last too long. IIRC, when he used it, he only had the time to stay away from Church's rocket and aim his gun at Washington. After that, his armor malfunctioned and he had to retreat.

Basically what Eclar said. Timestop for example wears Maine out quite a bit.

Sure but that's at least long enough for him to take out the MC. He also has a big strength advantage as shown when he tossed vehicles such as the Warthogs, forklift trucks and other random items lying around during his attack on the Red team in Reconstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back