• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU Spiderman feats are not strongly supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The calc for Spider-Man holding a ferry seems iffy upon checking.

It is a high end calc (Spider-Man could've ripped apart if it went on for too long) and seems outlierish with every other calc (Almost every other calc puts Cap level characters at Wall to Wall+ levels, except for the Quicksilver punch calc, which could be an inconsistency as well.)

At the very least I don't think we should scale Spider-Man to any other characters to him, since this is at his complete limit

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense.

Why is the Spider-Man ferry feat an AP feat anyway? It's clearly a lifting one.

He still casually contested a full strength Obsidian Cull, not sure why we dismiss that as a 9-A shouldn't be able to have any fight with a 6-B.

It's a AP feat for overcoming the gravitation force of the ferry. Yes, that's very iffy.

Spidey matching Cull isn't quite right, he was unable to beat Cull alone, and needed assistance from both Bleeding Edge Iron Man and Wong to stand a chance, and they only won via BFRing the dude. And throughout the fight, Cull was pretty easily manhandling all of them.

Is there any other calc or scaling that puts MCU characters at 9-A? Other than the Ferry and Quicksilver calcs ofcourse.

Because if not, the most consistent scaling in our wiki would be 9-B Captain America and Spider-Man, so a huge downgrade would be in process

Quicksilver is also 9-A by moving Hawkeye. Cap has also a feat that is extremely near to 9-A (throwing Ultron into a pillar).

Even if we don't upgrade Cap to Tier 8 in the end, he should stay at 9-A, as his 9-B feats are all casual (except the helicopter feat which is already PIS).

Deathlok also survived a High 8-C explosion is Cap is said to be significantly stronger.

Also people tend to forget Attack Potency is the potency behind an attack, not the Destructive Capacity. You don't expect Cap to literally show room-busting destruction in every scene because of Area of Effect, yet his attacks have this power. This violates conservation of energy, but it isn't a thing in fiction.

Like Thor is High 6-B but he won't destroy a country with every punch.

Crimson Azoth said:
It's a AP feat for overcoming the gravitation force of the ferry. Yes, that's very iffy.
Spidey matching Cull isn't quite right, he was unable to beat Cull alone, and needed assistance from both Bleeding Edge Iron Man and Wong to stand a chance, and they only won via BFRing the dude. And throughout the fight, Cull was pretty easily manhandling all of them.
Gravity is a consistent distrubuted load, not a spontaneous one. It's stll a lifting feat.

It's not that he was unable to beat Cull alone it's that Iron Man told him to GTFO and save Doctor Strange. He caught his reeled back axe swing and tossed it away, gave him a few strikes here and there and took a car that he threw and redirected it back to him. With this type of comparable strength, literally any other skilled Spider-Man (like the Insomniac one) would shit on Obsidian Cull pretty easily.

So no, it's not that Spider-Man couldn't win against him, it's that he was told to go away.

Cull Obsidian is supposed to be comparable to the Hulkbuster armour. I think that Spider-Man matching him is a standard Marvel Plot-Induced Stupidity outlier, similar to how Captain America briefly held back Thanos.

That's right, but we actually use Cap holding back Thanos as a justification for his "likely higher" rating which, to be honest, shouldn't be there.

In the film we can see Thanos putting less effort into much better feats.

I don't think Cap holding back Thanos is PIS. Cap is going all out, using all the muscles in his arms and chest to stop a ridiculously casual Thanos who is not even using any Infinity Stones from closing his fingers. In fact, I actually thought it perfectly represented the sheer unbelievable distance between the characters

This is literally a Conservation of Energy argument, which doesn't exist in fiction. Also, Homemade Suit Spider-Man took blows from Gauntlets that were considerably more powerful than the ones used by Crossbones.

Crimson Azoth said:
I don't think Cap holding back Thanos is PIS. Cap is going all out, using all the muscles in his arms and chest to stop a ridiculously casual Thanos who is not even using any Infinity Stones from closing his fingers. In fact, I actually thought it perfectly represented the sheer unbelievable distance between the characters
Could be that Thanos might never have lost a fight even while holding back, so Cap pushing back a heavily-suppressed Thanos might have been a first for the Titan Lord.

Thanos looked more casual when he destroyed the Tesseract or killed Vision to be honest, while he was surprised by Cap's strength.

Anyway, that shouldn't be in Cap's profile.

Yeah. The gap between the two is far too massive to reasonably scale from.

I agree with Therefir. Feel free to edit it out of the Captain America profile, and any characters that scale to him.

Didn't spidey hold off black dwarf (I think that's his name), stagger thanos, block buckey's punch (which was made of the same steel that Captain America's shield is forged of, in which, cap blocked a hit from Thor's hammer). I also think that spidey should scale to Tony stark since their armor are both made of the same material ( Tony stark also made thanos bleed with his new armor)

So Spiderman's looking at a mountain level (being safe), country level (high balling). Just my opinion.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan,

Yes, you are most likely right, those could be outliers, but if you think about it,

- spidey holding off black dwarf

This can be explained by the fact that he had stark powered armor. Stark armor could injure a enraged hulk (whom staggered surtur while just having fun). Also, Spiderman did that with his civil war stark armor. Stark knew that Spiderman will be going up against other powerful heroes (and being in a leadership position, I'm sure stark knows there level of power) so it is normal for the suit to be that strong. Especially the fact that stark made vision and vision can carry Thor's hammer.

-staggering thanos

Once again, hulk harm thanos, stark harm hulk, which means stark can harm thanos. If stark can hurt thanos, Spiderman can with the new armor he was given by stark as well.

So it seems somewhat consistent, right?

Spidey didn't have the Iron Spider suit when he fought Black Dwarf (actually he's called Cull Obsidian in the movies). Literally everyone staggered Thanos though, and IIRC Thanos easily pinned him down later.

Anyway here's the CRT I kept mentioning if anyone is interested.

Btw regarding Spider-Man's ferry feat, it is calculating the durability of Spider-Man not getting ripped apart by the force of the ferry falling apart.

- Spider-Man casually stomps Bucky in strength (though isnt as skilled as him)

- Manages to stagger and kick Thanos's shit in (which by the way, is why BE Iron Man is scaled from Thanos, only difference is he drew a drop of blood)

- Manages to casually stomp Obsidian Cull in strength

Why is he not higher than 9-A again?

Spider-Man is not that stronger than Cap-level characters without the Iron Suit, and IIRC Cull was throwing him around.

With the Iron Suit he only staggered Thanos, who was merely annoyed and easily pinned him down.

Yes, again, given that Marvel mixes characters of so vastly different power levels, it is naturally extremely inconsistent during matchups. The movies are not as extreme as the comics, but the problem nevertheless still exists there.

This is slightly derailing as this thread is about MCU 9-A to 9-B downgrade, and the rest of the scaling discussion should be done elsewhere.

Conservation of Energy argument was made by the OP, but right now the point is that the ferry calc is a high end calc, and thus Captain America and gang shouldn't scale to it, only Vulture should.

Second point is that every other calc lists Captain level characters at 9-B to 9-B+. Also, as OP states, Quicksilver's running physics isn't the most reliable, so his calcs should be considered outliers.

Also, as the discussion of Iron Spider scaling, I don't see as to why he shouldn't be comparable to the Iron Man armor logically. Both are made by Stark, and was made for Avengers business

Well, there should be a major difference between him with and without armor.

I don't see why it isn't. Peter harming and staggering Thanos when Captain America could barely push him back at likely his max should be enough of a feat, and is consistent logic since Stark implies that the Iron Spider suit is far superior to the Homecoming suit, thus giving him the less destructive restricted Homecoming costume first.

I disagree with downgrading 9-A to 9-B. I've made a thread suggesting to upgrade him to Tier 8 based on a weakened Deathlok (who is said to be weaker than Cap) surviving a High 8-C explosion, and Cap consistently fighting higher-tier beings.

The ferry calc calculates how durable Spidey has to be in order not to be ripped in half. Cap tanked punches by Quicksilver, who himself as 2 or 3 9-A feats. And it's not "unreliable", KE can be used when hitting someone.

@Antvasima I see where you're coming from but even in the comics Spider-Man is ridiculously strong on many occasions, able to contest and fight the Hulk with his speed and webslinging. @Spino he caught a haymaker from Bucky's metal arm casually. That's much stronger than Captain America characters. He lost to Steve because he got his momentum redirected and baited into having a truck fall on him.

I also don't understand how the Ironsuit is supposed to make him much stronger? It's a nano armor film that protects him and gives him multiple apendages whilst maybe making his punches stronger on account of him being in metal. Is there any reason to suggest he is much weaker when not in the suit?

KE for a super power attack*. That's like scaling every character to 8-A for harming Giant Man, or scaling Iron Man at Tier 5 for tanking the power stone, which can have enough power to destroy a planet. It is better to scale characters to consistent damaging attack.

Also, isn't Agents of SHIELD secondary canon?

Fair but it doesn't apply with Peter here @Zark. He's not using kinetic energy to catch Obsidian Cull's giant waraxe now is he? Or using it to catch Bucky?

HierophantDeluxe said:
Is there any reason to suggest he is much weaker when not in the suit?
Iron Man has the same armor technology and he can harm Thanos. It's not just punching with metal.

It's more consistent to assume he is far stronger in the Iron Spider suit, as he has logical reasoning to be converted from tier 9 to tier 6, and there isn't any anti feat to prove otherwise iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back