• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU changes. Edit: Looks like we need to finalize some stuff and we need to do more work on the calcs

Save that CRT for AFTER this mess

She repeadetly stabbed him in the heart with her swords, some of those seemed to go a bit trenched in him, he even staggered when she hit him

GojiBoyForever said:
Being stabbed in the heart tends to weaken people a lot... Shocker...
People yes giant lava monster that staggers slightly then stabs through her like she's not even their? less so still using the new calculated low end.... on the ring feat...The gap isn't that big between surturs explosion and thors moving the rings...Assuming he was weakened...Id like to hear others thoughts....

Hela repeatedly stabbed him into the heart which trenched into his body, and she did this many times. That definately weakened him enought to die from asgard's explosion

I mean he seems to just swing his sword while barly noticing her beyond staggering... Still Im a bit to exhausted at this point to argue further, Id like to hear others thoughts on the matter. If we use the low ball calc though, my protest will likely cease.

Im getting off for a bit might be back later, probably not until tomorrow. Honestly still have my doubts but take my luke warm acceptance but know this I find another anti feat their shall be a reckoning!

I'm gonna be honest, from the looks of it, Surtur dies after he drives his sword through Asgard, its his dead body that looks like what exploded, since after driving the sword, he was not moving.

Btw, there is more than 1 antifeat

Not only was Surtur obliterated by a 6-C explosion, Hela was destroyed by an attack that was canonically weaker than said explosion

She didn't even get damaged and died from her wounds, she just straight up exploded

The whole thing about Attack Potency not being related to range was forgotten ? Because Asgard's destruction might be 6-C by calc but the energy of said explosion could he much higher, high enough to kill Surtur, just like Goku's Kamehameha is 7-B in calc but Low 2-C in Potency, or when Dante needs to escape Mallet Island exploding because he will die on it, while he's should have durability to survive the explosion

It's not the best example, I know, but you guys got it

If Surtur is, for example, 6-B, then Asgard's destruction was at least this by killing him

There's context behind that. We know that DB characters can control the range of their attacks, that explains how a small ki explosion can damage a 4-B character

About Dante, that's just a PIS that contradicts almost every other feat in the franchise, even the ones that aren't 3-A or Low 2-C

When Asgard exploded... well, it just exploded. Apparently, Surtur wasn't even directly responsible for the explosion, as it was a result from the core collapsing. There's no reason to assume that the explosion would be any higher than 6-C with just a small range

LordNephalem said:
Btw, there is more than 1 antifeat
Not only was Surtur obliterated by a 6-C explosion, Hela was destroyed by an attack that was canonically weaker than said explosion

She didn't even get damaged and died from her wounds, she just straight up exploded
Huh....Thats true.....

Dante we have zero reason to assume the explosion is stronger then it appears. The energy was calced at 6c we don't just upscale to a higher feat for higher ratings, especially when theres only one solid feat supporting that higher rating....

And now it looks like two possible antifeats.... Still Ill admit helas death might not be the strongest of feats, is there anything else we missed?

Well, Surtur can only die after Ragnarok is completed, right ? This could be related

Dante was 7-B that time, I'm only giving his example because Mallet Island doesn't appear to be Island sized, but if it's a PIS case, why Surtur's case isn't ?

That is how it's explained but that doesn't effect what we see, surtur stabs through the core of asgard and is destroyed in the following explosion, we see him get torn apart in the blast anything more then that is conjecture.

Because there's only one higher feat in the mcu that isn't contentious? Dante is consistently stronger then that explosion thus it's pis, surtur and the main cast only have one feat that puts them above that explosion. Why would we upscale to single feat when surtur and hela die to far less energy. Its all about consistency and there are two feats that call into question if we should upscale to the other feat.

Like I said, Dante was 7-B that time, he doesn't have any higher feat until that point

But anyway, that doesn't matter

I think you make sense, but I believe a recalc of Asgard's destruction should be good

What is the other feat besides this one ?

When he doesn't have a bunch of feats that put him above that grenade, duh Though I may need to take a look at dceu at some point.... Seriously the problem isn't them being teir six it's scaling them all to tier 6 off a single feat thats contradicted by others.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Like I said, Dante was 7-B that time, he doesn't have any higher feat until that point
But anyway, that doesn't matter

I think you make sense, but I believe a recalc of Asgard's destruction should be good

What is the other feat besides this one ?
Hela dies to sutur stabbing into the ground, considering the explosion kills him we can't assume he can output 6c energy as he doesn't cause the explosion that kills him. Pretty sure we calced the ke of that sword swing and got lower then tier 6 as well.

Dante scales to Cerberus and Griffon, who have casual 8-A and 7-B feats. It's easy to prove that dying from a collapsing island would be a PIS for him

And I don't see the point or bringing the DCEU up, every franchise has to be analyzed individually. You can't expect that every single antifeat in the MCU is going to get ignored just because a different franchise has an antifeat that has concrete reasons for not being taken into account

Btw, it's not like we're nickpicking antifeats, as if mentioning Thanos getting slightly staggered by Cap's punch. Surtur dying to a 6-C explosion is a big deal and an important part of the movie

Surtur destroying Asgard was High 6-C tho. Honestly Hela made Surtur bleed and Surtur withstood an explosion that destroyed multiple mountains (which should be at least 6-C) unharmed.

I played the clip in slow. And realized that the final explosion was Surtur self detonating. Also we should recalc the explosion.

Watching it frame by frame I fail to see how this is him self detonating, the blue light expands and pulls him apart... We know he doesn't create the explosion as well. Still Im prefectly fine with it being recalced.

I slowed down the speed to 0.5. Surtur doesn't get blown, his body outright disappears, not trace of red can be seen.

Also, Korg sounds like he's heaven-high on crack.

You see the blue light consume him and rip chunks out of him, he's never been seen or mentioned again. I fail to see how we can take this as anything more then his death, Id need some really strong evidence to buy he's still alive. Also korg sounds like a love craftian god when at .25 speed.

He doesn't get consumed, he literally disappears, if there were chunk of him those would be filled with magma.

He never being mentioned again matters not.

It does when we last see him consumed in a massive blue explosion and we see chunks of debris coming from the same area as his body. What evidence is there to suggest he's still alive in the mcu?

Back