• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The McChad Quest of Buffslava: The game

Well, you seem to be in agreement, I should keep the momentum going

"We can't let this happen."

"Yeah! A McFricker struts up here like he owns the place, we're going to show him what for!"

Strongarm is totally ready to get going, but, you gesture for him to back up.

"Wait for it... We can't take them in a straight up fight when we're this sore, so..."

The clashes between Gavin and Hecker continue, and he eventually makes the opportunity via delivering another roundhouse kick. As a bonus, Gavin even just outright grabs his leg when he tries it, allowing him to slam Hecker onto the ground.

"LET'S GO!"

Both of you rush forth, running right up to the rock and punting it at the McFricker, who gets hit in the back of the head just as he recovers from the slam.

... Then he turns around and glares at you both.

"YOU DOUBLE TEAMING FRIIIICCCCKKKKSSSS!!!"

You feel a mental shockwave. Why didn't you remember... The McFricker frickining. Gavin and a few of the bystanding McChads immediately get wiped by it's sudden psychic force, but, the distance between you and them is enough that you can get away with a bad headache.

... The far greater concern is that they're now running at you at full speed, and you need to respond fast.

• Write in...

Arm and upper torso are sore, but the legs still work fine, so to a combined kick attack to send away the frikker

Alright, here I go again

You and strongarm operate almost in sync, throwing out a kick to their shins as they run full force...

Then they jump, just a second before you can mutually fully extend, landing on the other side of you.

"Oldest trick in the book!"

Before you can properly form a defense beyond just raising your arms, he's already closed the gap and grabbed you by the head, slamming you both into the ground before doing a rapid series of punches on Strongarm. You do manage to get up and land a clean strike to their side, but, it doesn't do much but knock them back.

Okay, that did not go to plan...

Luckily, Gavin is back up on his feet, and rushes to join you both.

"You alright!?"

"Yeah, I'm good..."

Strongarm manages to struggle to his feet, quelling your doubts about that statement.

"The McFrickers really are right bastards, aren't they... You really want to take them on?"

"Oh, are you guys giving up? You gonna lock me out of your little tourney because you're scared, is that it? Muscles can't save you when you're fighting actual talent!?"

That line from Hecker just... Sets you off. They want to sit here and act all entitled in front of you, when you've been working hard your whole life, mastering the gift of swole you've been granted...?

You refuse to let them get away with that, so, on instinct, you tap into a technique you haven't quite mastered yet, but will close the gap between you.

Your muscles bulge, and your strength rises by a bit. The fatigue you felt is replaced, at least for now.

FLEX UP!

Strongarm has joined you in this, his frame expanding to prepare to get serious.

"Don't you realize he's bringing you down to his level and tryin' to beat you with experience?"
  • He's right. You should calm down, leave the flex up before you end up getting more sore, and let them handle this.
  • "They won't beat us."
    • Write in a more in depth plan of attack. Think beyond a single strike. This is a tutorial, so I'll give you that tip, but once we really start to get going, if you're getting dunked on, you're getting dunked on.

I will be connipted if none of you oppose this, but surrendering now is valid, hense me giving the option

That said y'all need to say something

Calm down, don't let him get to your head, besides, ignoring McFricker will just annoy him further.

Hang on, so like

You're calming down and relenting for now to annoy McFricker further, right? You aren't disengaging?

That is an option and in retrospect I probably should have had more flexibility with the last choice but, eh, live and learn

I want to say “they won’t beat us” though I need to actually think the situation through a bit more before deciding how to approach. And I really need to stop procrastinating the work I need to have done in two hours.

So, we’ve seen him fighting quite a bit by this point, do we have a good sense of what Hecker’s dominant hand (assuming he has one) and plant leg (the leg that one has better balance on. This can be recognized because people rarely use it for large kicks, it’s slightly weaker, and people tend to put more weight on their plant leg in neutral posture) are?
Also, do we have a sense of how much stronger than us Gavin is?
Also, about how long are Hecker’s Strongarm’s and our arms and legs by comparison?

Gavin is one of the older folk, so he should have a bit of a leg up on you. You could still probably match up to them, you're just at a disadvantage.

Hecker has generally been wild with his strikes, so it's hard to tell. You and Strongarm are about equal in size, but Hecker is a bit shorter overall. Then again, he still has plenty of speed to make sure you aren't allowed much of a gap, so it's going to be quite the fight to rely on range to beat him.

“They won’t beat us.”
We’re on a time limit, so our best option is probably to flank him, bait him into a big move, and use that as an opportunity to attack.
From what we’ve seen so far, Hecker seems to like going for a rush that doesn’t give people time to think or retaliate. However, he tends to break up his rushes for big moves like roundhouses. The long motion of his roundhouse is our best chance to get a good hit in, Gavin was even able to block it even when caught off guard.
Since he has a shorter reach than us, we should play to that. His higher speed will make it tough, but there are two ways for us to mitigate this. First, we can flank him, splitting his attacks and focus between the two of us will slow down his movement, giving us the chance to stay out of the range of his punches. Second, he still needs to fully plant a foot to properly put his weight in his punches, so whenever he goes for a heavier blow, we’ll have better control over the situation.
What we want to do here is control the range, keeping ourselves out of his punching range, but in his kicking range. Just trying to keep to the maximum range of our punches should do this nicely. We should attack when we can, especially if he gets too focused on one of us, but it’s more important to make sure to block his quicker kicks and keep his punches to glancing blows.
The combination of his own affinity towards them and our maintenance of kicking range, we should be able to bait Hecker into a roundhouse kick.
The person he’s aiming at should duck into a low kick, aimed at his planted foot’s ankle. We want to injure that. The other person should go for a punch to the temple or chin. We want to concuss him. Unlike our previous attempt, if he’s already started a roundhouse he won’t be able to avoid the low kick without putting himself off balance in the air, putting him in an even more vulnerable position, where we could land heavy hits with ease.
If he’s taking too long to go into a roundhouse, or that plan fails, we’ll want to continuously try to further spread around him, raise the angle between us as high as possible, and force him into a situation where any attack he throws opens him to a strike from behind. In this case, we’ll want to go for quicker attacks, primarily for the head, but some aimed at the leg and body as well for mix ups that will still to serious damage.

I'll be honest I know I wanted more than single move responses but oh boy this is heavy stuff

I think I'll just go with Blah, since we're tied 2 and 2 for fight and withdraw

"They won't beat us."

Gavin tries to get you to stop, but you and Strongarm rush off before he can get much of a word off. You feel the empowerment of you imperfect flex up, minor as it may be, and engage. Hecker also runs in, and when he starts, you shift your stance, allowing your heels to drag you to a stop as you shift your weight and throw a powerful punch to the rushing Hecker, actually managing to catch him off guard enough to knock him back.

Strongarm doesn't let up on the momentum, punching Hecker directly after you and actually sending them tumbling backwards. Just like that, the momentum has shifted back in your favor...

But, hecker unleashes another deafening cry, staggering you for a bit as he gets back to his feet. He makes his way forth, but, this time, you're ready. He starts a flurry of attacks, but you keep backstepping, occasionally batting away whatever comes close to hitting you. Eventually, he stops his attack, and starts to go for a roundhouse kick, but Strongarm comes in from behind and kicks him in the shin!

"... Jeez, that rattled me harder than I thought. Good moves!"

"I was just winging it!"

As you and Strongarm exchange banter, Hecker tries to throw a massive uppercut at Strongarm, but, with both hands, he manages to block the attack just as Hecker manages to get on his feet.

"Well you're really good at it!"

Just as he says that, Strongarm gets punched in the stomach, before Hecker sweeps around for a roundhouse kick...

But you see right through it, delivering a powerful punch to his leg and sending him crashing across the ground! He tries to get up, but it's clear... the battle is over. He won't be able to kick with that leg, and if he tries to fight with what he's got remaining, it won't end well.

... Is what you think for a second, but as the fight is over, you feel Flex up wear off and... oh lord why did you do this to yourself

You feel your muscles cramp and burn hard, sending you and Strongarm to your knees just like that... Yeah, using Flex up when you aren't ready for it has it's downsides... oh boy it has it's downsides.

Though, Hecker being in the state that he is, can only mock you from afar.

"Oh, so that's it, huh? You gang up on me, use some cheap transformation, and act like you've won! I know why you people won't let me in! YOU'RE SCARED I'D MOP THE WHOLE THING! YOU KNOW WHAT, I'LL COME BACK, AND I'M GOING TO PROVE IT TO YOU!"

Hecker rushes off, jumping into the distance before you can do anything. The battle is over.

"Now, boys will be boys, and I'm not your parents, so..."

"WE BLOODY ARE!"

You notice at this point, that a crowd outside of just Gavin had formed... and pushing through it, was you and Strongarm's parents... This isn't going to end well. Your moms grab you by the collar and shake you around

"What were ye two thinkin', goin' off and fightin' a mcfricker on yer own!? And using flex up at that, you know you can't sustain that!"

... Both of them have an accent, but your mom's gets pretty severe when they're really angry. You can barely comprehend the rest of you being chewed out, but it ends with you being punished via cleaning the weights... you'd think they'd come up with something more creative, but considering the soreness of your bodies, you're going to need a massage before you even attempt that.

After you massage yourselves, it wasn't that bad. Within just a little bit of time, you're done with all the weights, and opt to just go home. Though, once you arrive, you see one of the elders walking out of your house...

"... What happened? I know fighting Hecker was reckless, but he was insulting our clan, come on..."

"... It's not that."

Your father, Andrew, has a serious expression on his face.

"... In fact, the elders thought you did well. That's why they're letting Hecker into the grand brawl."

• "... What?"
  • *Flexing.exe has crashed*
  • Write in...

“E- hu- wh- how- wha-”
*Flexing.exe has stopped working*
A problem has caused your cerebral cortex to stop working correctly.
Brain OS will close your cerebral cortex, and notify you if a solution is available.

“E- hu- wh- how- wha-"

Your body freezes up, for once, not because of cramps caused by your use of Flex Up when you weren't ready for it.

"... Yeah. I don't think they've gone senile and just gave into the demands of someone like them. They said it was going to be a test for the new generation. Then... Well, you saw them leave, didn't ya?"

"... I... Ugh..."

"... Just, eat up and go to sleep. You're probably going to have a lot to do in the near future."

You slept well enough. A good, homemade dish will do that to you... Still though, after you wake up, you can still feel some of the soreness of Flex Up persisting... You bask in the discomfort a bit as you clean yourself, and stare at your clothes.

A tunic and pants... Lightweight, and, though it might not be much for winter, it's something you can easily work out in. Then again... Under your current conditions, you might not be doing much of that.

You decide to live up to your namesake, and, after putting on your clothes, flex a bit... Yeah, that feels great. Nothing like letting your body freely express it's swole... That said, you really need to go down and get breakfast.

And with that said... You are met with a bit more food then you're used to.

"You took your time lad! Some of this stuff is getting cold, and we're ramping up your eating."

"... You couldn't just, ease me into it?"

"That wouldn't work. You've just got to eat more, plain and simple."

Well, there really is no way around it. You sit down at the table, and start consuming. You get some good progress, but... Before long, it feels like you can't eat anymore. And there's still a bit of the extra left.

"Come on... You can do it!"

You get cheered on by both parental figures. Which is pretty weird, but it motivates you to keep going that extra distance and...

Oh lord that was a mistake. You feel like you're about to throw up, but, you aren't giving in that easily. You sit still and control your breathing... In, and out, and you don't feel nearly the need to vomit as you did before.

Though, it's obvious... This much food is building up to something big.

... Oh boy.

After regrouping with Strongarm, the elder from earlier leads you to the gym, and...

Even Strongarm's ethusiasm couldn't save you from the total body exhaustion you experience. You're put through everything at high weight, Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift, Rows, just about any way your muscles could be tested, they were. But, every time you tried to sit down or just collapse on the floor, the Elder kicked you until you got back up.

• Just go along with it. This is probably building up to something... Maybe if you just go through it, it might work out.
  • "... Come on! We had a regiment, why are you forcing us through this!?"
  • Write in...

Back