• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Man of Not Really Steel vs The One Winged Angel

Crap, I just thought of this matchup yesterday lol

Sephiroth is stronger. His Supernova equals 3 megafoe in comparison to Sentry's 1 megafoe, and his hax can be dangerous, but at the same time Sentry has higher regen and more powerful hax. So I'd give it to Sentry.

I think that Sephiroth has the edge in this fight with a bit more hax than sentry, and being resistant to one of his hax.

Sephiroth is 3 times stronger with his strongest attack. Sentry is likely stronger than Seph's regular punches and sword-slashes.

Sentry is far more haxed. He has Molecular Manipulation, High Regenerationn, Space-Time Distortion, Telepathy greater than Xavier's and Emma Frost's (Which is INSANE), he can absorb energy from Sephiroth's attacks... Yeah.

@Matt

Sephiroth was able to resist having his soul and mind sublimated into the Lifestream, which is the conduit that governs all life on the Planet as well as its rebirth and reincarnation, and forcibly created himself a new body through sheer willpower.

@Repp

So Planetary-level telepathy? Give me a moment but I can show scans of Charles, Emma, Rachel and even Sentry doing stuff on that level or higher.

@Matt

I'm well-aware of Emma Frost's and Xavier's telepathy. I'm just explaining.

That said, Sephiroth does have a good deal of other hax.

He can freeze and slow down time around others and speed up time around himself, inflict instant death, and transmute others.

Ouch, hard one to say. Considering what was debated so far for both of them, I can't even vote yet. I'll wait for some more input before deciding on anything.

@Repp

Once Sentry tore open a portal in time to 1,600 BC. So he could kill Sephiroth in the past when he's weaker.

Transmutation wouldn't work because of the nature of Sentry's atoms and his feats against Molecule Man.

I don't remember Sephiroth time stopping, I always thought it was a time slow.

@Gargoyle

There's Slow (Time Slow) and Stop (Time Stop). Sephiroth can use both and canonically has the latter during his boss fight as Bizarro Sephiroth.

@Matt

Regenerationn can't save you from being instantly and utterly killed by the Death spell.

@Dragon

There's a difference between being able to regenerate from nothing and being dead.

If one is able to regenerate from nothing, they're still alive. If they're dead, they're dead.

That sounds like gameplay mechanics, especially since even the famous heartless angel doesn't instant kill.

Gargoyle One said:
That sounds like gameplay mechanics, especially since even the famous heartless angel doesn't instant kill.
So all instant death skills in games are Game Mechanics now?

@Gargoyle

I really don't see how game mechanics is involved at all. Heartless Angel reduces the target to 1 HP, but Death doesn't interact with health. It just causes sudden death.

Yeah, but how does Death works? Like, which are its limits?

For example, shutting down the brain of Cloud would kill him, it would have the OHK effect. It wouldn't kill Sentry though.

Saying that it just "makes things dead" is kind of a NLF. If we want to take this logic to the extreme, a character with True-Godly regen could be killed by it, which is a bit ridiculous

I just found it skeptical that this spell with no explanation for how it does it's ability is somehow an instant kill over the Heartless Angel and Sephiroth's own limit break.

But I'm not taking anything away.

It isn't skeptical at all. Just like spells in SMT like Mudo and such are insta-kill despite Almighty Attacks being considered stronger. It's hax, not power.

Death cuts the lines of life or something. It is not a physical death, but kills them on a spiritual level.

That's called bypassing low-godly. It will work if Sentry's regen is only High, but it won't if it's Mid-Godly

It's never explained that way.

It's just an activate and they die type of ability.

It obviously wouldn't work against someone infinitely more powerful or anything like that, but we can't conflate regen and resurrection except at the highest levels, otherwise there would be no difference between the two.

Kaltias said:
That's called bypassing low-godly. It will work if Sentry's regen is only High, but it won't if it's Mid-Godly
Sentry can regenerate from atoms

How does the Death Spell even work? Does it just stops the opponent's brain from functioning, causing them to drop dead, or does it attack the soul? Cause if no evidence of the later...

Back