• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Man of Not Really Steel vs The One Winged Angel

@Matt

You can't regenerate if you're dead. Regenerationn implies that you're still alive.

The mechanics behind its function are never specified. It just kills them the same way something instantly dies if struck by Reinhard's Spear or Machina's fists.

Just think of the Death spell like Avada Kedavra. Once the target gets hit, they die, only there's no projectile to miss with in this case.

I'm pretty sure Reinhard's spear is explained as erasing a being conceptually...

@Gargoyle

It's "all-killing like Nigredo", meaning that anything it hits dies. It only erases conceptually when Reinhard decides to use Machina's Briah.

But we're getting side-tracked. My point is that Regenerationn cannot stop instant death unless it's extremely high-level.

No, it isn't like "All-Killing Nigredo". The Dies Irae Nigredo specifically affects the soul and bypasses Regenerationn. Or kill on a conceptual level.

You cannot assume that a Death Inducing attack is equal to the highest interpretations of that without evidence.

A Death Inducement Spell could easily just shut down your brain and makes you dead, but if you blow up Sentry's head it will also shut his brain, yet he will regenerate. We actually need proof that it affects the soul.

Just like if a random villain states "I will erase you from existence" or "My attack erases you from existence", we need proof that it erases the body and soul or else we just consider it to be an unproven hyperbole.

It makes no sense to assume that Avada Kedavra would kill Sentry either, since he's been "killed" by things much more severe than an attack that shuts down his senses and brain.

@Matt

The official description of Death is: "Causes sudden death."

Nothing about the brain, or the soul, or the heart, or the nerves.

They just die.

Stop trying to come up with a complex or comprehensive view on how it works when you're extrapolating far beyond what the spell's effects actually are.

What you're doing right now is like having an official explanation be, "This sword shoots laser beams when swung" before you assume that it uses the magic of the Ars Goetia, acclerating photons to speeds surpassing the speed of light with the theories inscribed in the Lemegeton. None of that is implied in the description or the attack's actual function.

You're creating a headcanon to try and make something fit your description when it really doesn't.

One description from Tactics says this, IDK its canonocity

"Cuts the very threads of life. Instant KO."

It implies it does not give them a heart attack or something like that, it just kills them on a spiritual level, nothing more.

IDK who wins, just saying

@Fan

That's Final Fantasy Tactics, which is not only an entirely different continuity, but an entirely different world, with an entirely different magic system, with entirely different mechanics.

They are not interchangeable by any means.

So Sephiroth has a death spell, Time manipulation and other stuff while Sentry has overall strength, healing, matter manipulation and Reality Warping.

I genuinely did not expect this thread to get this much attention so soon...

@Repp

I'm pretty sure that comparing it to Machina's attacks are just as big a headcanon. I'm just pointing out that you really don't need to destroy the soul to cause instant kill. It could simply be a complete shutdown of the body, which would accomplish the same result and also qualify as instant kill.

And if it affects only the body, it ain't killing Sentry.

Gargoyle One said:
Sentry can regenerate from atoms
I know. I was arguing against the idea that it "just makes you dead". Not about the fact that he would/wouldn't survive it

Back