• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ji Ning Vs Sephiroth - The Cultivator Vs The One-Winged Angel

Huh. So what are Sephiroth's standard starter moves? Any passives to worry about?

Also, couldn't this have waited until I gave Ning a 3-B key with 6-D/7-D resistance to everything in-verse

Well, Ning is a master of thousands of sword styles at this point, so he is probably beating Sephy in this regard.

I'll try and draw up some skill feats for Seph, generally speaking he's portrayed as one of the most skilled blade users in all of the FF franchise iirc tho.

Ning has the experience, technique and growth advantage by a horrific amount in terms of skill unless I've really misunderstood Sephiroth.

Well even then Seph is regarded as an incomparable swordsman who has fought entire armies singlehandedly and ended conflicts by himself. Being far superior to Zack who was able to fight and nearly defeat an army before eventually dying, which iirc was more due to Zack's fatigue from carrying Cloud after the pair were experimented on than anything else. I could also argue that after Seph was placed into the lifestream he would have far greater skill than before due to absorbing the knowledge of the lifestream which is where all living beings arrive at eventually.

I'll say Ji is better but Seph should still be able to at least keep pace with him. If Seph's put on the backfoot though he will use hax, the main reason he doesn't is mostly due to his obsessions with making Cloud and co suffer. Anyone know what the AP is before we continue?

Fighting an army of equal opponents for a century on end is something Ning could do when he was less than .01% of the current age and experience he currently has, which was 3 keys ago.

The lifestream feat isn't that quantifiable for skill as opposed to just knowledge and by that same route, Ning is attuned to and the master of the prime essence of the sword of the Endless Territories, the conceptual source and manifestation of sword arts across a 1-C reality. Granted, I think either feats (Ning and Seph) aren't that good of an indicator of hard skill.

So hax would likely be coming out pretty fast. What would Sephiroth open with in this instant.

Ning is in the low hundreds of NonaFOE IIRC.

I ask for AP because I can only understand tons because math is a power I can't comprehend, can't seem to find the calc for Seph but he's far stronger than knights of the round. On the topic of hax Seph is likely to use either barriers to shield himself, use Heartless Angel to reduce Ji to one hit point via Life Manip or use Shadow Flare which has 4D Soul, Information, Spatial, Time, and Memory hax iirc. The latter two spawn on you iirc so there'd be no real way to avoid it.

I ask for AP because I can only understand tons because math is a power I can't comprehend, can't seem to find the calc for Seph but he's far stronger than knights of the round. On the topic of hax Seph is likely to use either barriers to shield himself, use Heartless Angel to reduce Ji to one hit point via Life Manip or use Shadow Flare which has 4D Soul, Information, Spatial, Time, and Memory hax iirc. The latter two spawn on you iirc so there'd be no real way to avoid it.
1 FOE = 10^44 Joules
1 NonaFOE = 10^27 FOE
1 Ton = Approx. 4 × 10^9 Joules

You can do the conversion from there I think.

Ning's outright invincible to True Gods like his master Subhuti at this point, who has at least 5-dimensional space-time manipulation. As well as resisting Chaos Immortals like Su Youji, whose Dao of Charm and Control is superior in potency to Subhuti's aforementioned ability in space-time (relevant because mind = soul in the setting). The information manipulation and maybe Life Manipulation can be a problem depending on what it does.

Last edited:
Meeeeeh

Like, i wouldn't go by that route where every World God gets some kind of smurf hax scaling from Subhuti, like, his mastery touching upon the Prime Essences was clearly an outlier just like most thing in the Three Realms. That is, unless you have a really good reason to do so, that is.

Meeeeeh

Like, i wouldn't go by that route where every World God gets some kind of smurf hax scaling from Subhuti, like, his mastery touching upon the Prime Essences was clearly an outlier just like most thing in the Three Realms. That is, unless you have a really good reason to do so, that is.
His (Subhuti's) mastery doesn't really touch on the Prime Essences though, it's just higher dimensional at his level of mastery over the Dao (which was somwhere in the higher levels of space-time force IIRC). Mastering the outer emanations of the essences is what master class World Gods generally do.

Back