• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was referring to the actual guy inside the suit, who's wearing the giant tin can thanos could crush him with.
Thanos still crushed the armor which is 6-B, and your logic also applies on Sans, why would he do it to War Machine and not on Sans when they are both 10-B physically?

So this all decides on hand movement as well? Who's hand more faster? Because this might end up as a incon too.

Anything Thanos does can one-shot Sans, whether it's an AoE attack with the Power/Space Stone or instantly crush him with TK, while Sans' soul hax isn't a one-shot

Thanos can really just crush Sans' hands with that technique then proceed to clap him.
Not in character.

Thanos crushed a person once and it was because the guy was piloting the only thing that made him actually viable in that fight. If that was an in-character move for him to do against anyone else he would have gone against like Cap, Thor, Hulk whatever but he doesn't.

Not in character.

Thanos crushed a person once and it was because the guy was piloting the only thing that made him actually viable in that fight. If that was an in-character move for him to do against anyone else he would have gone against like Cap, Thor, Hulk whatever but he doesn't.
Because they don't have Telekinesis.
The moment he realizes what Sans is doing he's gonna go for a one shot to not risk anything.
Like when Thor slammed his axe into his chest, he instantly went for a snap.

Thanos didn't even have the Space Stone when he fought Thor and Hulk, and for the other characters Thanos had other stones like the Reality and Soul Stone, against Sans he is limited only to the Power and Space Stone

Not in character.

Against Thor, he had 2 opportunities to do it. the 1st time is at the beginning of the movie when he wanted to use Thor as a bargaining chip against Loki, and he was going to blow up the ship anyway, so he didn't find it necessary. The 2nd time was when he got axed at the end of the film when he was caught off guard and was overconfident in the power of the full Infinity Gauntlet

Against Hulk, he had 1 opportunity at the beginning of the film when he beat him down, but he didn't want to kill him outright. Rather, he wanted to dishearten him and prove he could beat him without the stones.

Against Captain America, he just actively likes the guy, so I don't think he would just instant death him.

Y'know, I wonder why it's a justification in Thanos' LS section that he held Stormbreaker against Thor, when it's shown that Thor was out of practice and was literally sitting around playing Fortnite most of the day.
Not exactly relevant to the topics at hand but I found it weird.

So, looking over all his fight scenes, he's more likely to go with CQC than he is actual haxes the less stones he has. so why in the flying **** would anyone here assume he'd instantly go for crushing him? Thanos doesn't have enough range on sans here to think about using the stones and the only times he's ever crushed people/abused the stones in general is when he had the near full/full infinitely gauntlet.

Thanos would only go for stones once he realizes sans' dura negging him, which at that point it's too late and he'd die.
Y'know, I wonder why it's a justification in Thanos' LS section that he held Stormbreaker against Thor, when it's shown that Thor was out of practice and was literally sitting around playing Fortnite most of the day.
Eh im sure someone will notice and make a CRT about it. he'll probably just upscale from someone else who isn't massively out of their prime in that case.

Eh im sure someone will notice and make a CRT about it. he'll probably just upscale from someone else who isn't massively out of their prime in that case.
In fact I'll do it right now, not for the purpose of this match but because I just want to do it real quick.

Actually speaking of this why don't they use Cap with the hammer instead of Thor? like at the time Cap is 100% superior to thor and the two trade blows.

So, looking over all his fight scenes, he's more likely to go with CQC than he is actual haxes the less stones he has. so why in the flying **** would anyone here assume he'd instantly go for crushing him? Thanos doesn't have enough range on sans here to think about using the stones and the only times he's ever crushed people/abused the stones in general is when he had the near full/full infinitely gauntlet.
??? He only go with CQC against Hulk, against Thor he tortured him with the Power Stone, against Loki he used the Space Stone, then he blew up the ship with the Power Stone, against the Guardians of the Galaxy he spammed the Reality Stone, against Nebula he tortured her with the Space and Power Stone

??? He only go with CQC against Hulk, against Thor he tortured him with the Power Stone, against Loki he used the Space Stone, then he blew up the ship with the Power Stone, against the Guardians of the Galaxy he spammed the Reality Stone, against Nebula he tortured her with the Space and Power Stone
So your telling me because he used the power stone to torture people outside combat he'd realistically use the space stone to crush someone inside combat despite the fact the only time we see him in combat with few stones he goes with CQC? i dont think that needs explaining why that's wrong.

once he had the reality stone, he generally spammed the infinity stones when he could, so not really usable here when he has two stones.

So your telling me because he used the power stone to torture people outside combat he'd realistically use the space stone to crush someone inside combat despite the fact the only time we see him in combat with few stones he goes with CQC? i dont think that needs explaining why that's wrong.
This is just incorrect. He specifically wanted to beat him at his own game, so to speak, you know, CQC style. Plus, it might not have worked due to the Hulks durability.

This is just incorrect. He specifically wanted to beat him at his own game, so to speak, you know, CQC style.
I dont know if you recall but Thanos didn't start the fight, Hulk did. So when did he make the decision to make the fight CQC while he was in it getting thrown against a wall already in CQC?
Well, when Thanos just had the Power and the Space Stone he only used their powers, never CQC, so
You mean... the one time he used the power stone to protect himself from being stabbed in the neck? we literally never see him again until he has the reality stone, where at that point he's already abusing the shit out of everything. you gonna base your point on a single scene of him using the stone to defend himself? i dont know about that.

I dont know if you recall but Thanos didn't start the fight, Hulk did. So when did he make the decision to make the fight CQC while he was in it getting thrown against a wall already in CQC?
In the middle of the fight? I mean, is that that unreasonable to assume he could decide to beat this clown down to size rather than just kill him in one hit?

In the middle of the fight? I mean, is that that unreasonable to assume he could decide to beat this clown down to size rather than just kill him in one hit?
That seems like a baseless assumption on what he was doing there. Thanos was already in CQC with hulk and needed him to get the hell off of him. he was going to go H2H combat whether or not that was his intentions, and you dont really have any proof that's his reasoning for continuing to go H2H.

Against Hulk he only had the Power Stone, and he couldn't use it since otherwise he would blow up the whole ship as it happened afterwards. The Space Stone gives him more hax like TK, which he used in combination with the Power Stone to do AoE attacks

Against Hulk he only had the Power Stone, and he couldn't use it since otherwise he would blow up the whole ship as it happened afterwards. The Space Stone gives him more hax like TK, which he used in combination with the Power Stone to do AoE attacks
Yeah but they're literally 10 meters apart here (for reference, 10 meters is half the size of a tennis court). why the hell would Thanos start with his ranged haxes that goddamn close to his opponent?

Yeah but they're literally 10 meters apart here (for reference, 10 meters is half the size of a tennis court). why the hell would Thanos start with his ranged haxes that goddamn close to his opponent?
Because he's never just run up to someone and started throwing hands unless it's for a specific purpose?

And why not? Thanos only has the stones to attack, nothing more. And again, Thanos only went with CQC when Hulk attacked him by surprise, otherwise he always used the stones

And why not? Thanos only has the stones to attack, nothing more. And again, Thanos only went with CQC when Hulk attacked him by surprise, otherwise he always used the stones
Alright so i compiled every single time thanos used the power stone for offensive purposes compared to how many times he uses his fists to see if he really does use it as much as we think he does (list doesn't include anything after he gets almost all the stones as at that point he's being a dick and showing off his cool new rock collection)

offensive: 5 (Threw meteors down, 4 shot lasers at a far away target)

Time he uses his fists instead of the stones:

6 [doesn't include hulk since he was off guard] (Whips on Spiderman 2 times, Whips on Iron man 2, Whips on his daughter, stabbing Iron Man)

he's quite literally statistically speaking more likely to go CQC when near sans than he is to start with the stones.

list doesn't include anything after he gets almost all the stones as at that point he's being a dick and showing off his cool new rock collection
Your list literally includes feats from when Thanos had four stones, against Sans he only has the Power and Space Stone. Plus they aren't comparable situations since Spiderman and Nebula approach him to physically attack him, like with Hulk and unlike Sans

Anyways, at this point we're just going in circles and neither will agree with the other. I keep my vote for Thanos

Alright so i compiled every single time thanos used the power stone for offensive purposes compared to how many times he uses his fists to see if he really does use it as much as we think he does (list doesn't include anything after he gets almost all the stones as at that point he's being a dick and showing off his cool new rock collection)

offensive: 5 (Threw meteors down, 4 shot lasers at a far away target)

Time he uses his fists instead of the stones:

6 [doesn't include hulk since he was off guard] (Whips on Spiderman 2 times, Whips on Iron man 2, Whips on his daughter, stabbing Iron Man)

he's quite literally statistically speaking more likely to go CQC when near sans than he is to start with the stones.
My guy, all the examples of him you use are
1. When he has 4 infinity stones
2. When their right in his face. Not one CQC feat you've shown has been both started by Thanos and from 10 meters away.

Last edited:
Back