• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty good if you ask me. The movements a little stiff, but the lightning and atmosphere look excellent, it does give a scary and cold vibe I thought that place had when I played the game.

Sooo, out of curiosity: is the Golden Sword (and the Link Between Worlds equivalent) Link's overall strongest sword (Double Helix Sword aside)? I mean, being the Master Sword with all of its powers intact but enhanced destructive capacity.

Also, thought you guys might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn0foCyFaB4

Like all VS stuff in youtube, do NOT go to the comment section unless you just want to be irritated by less savory fans of both sides.

Good thing... when it just came out it was a flame war of "Cloud wins Links sux!" "No Link winz Clod sux!"

EDIT: Checked again, nope they're still at it.

Yeah, the hell with that and them (not wanting to be rude or anything, but the point of linking to that was the vid itself because it is pretty cool). Sweet battle all in all, though I do think not using Omnislash vs the Triforce Slash was a missed chance =P

The sprites are pretty good as well. The game where they came from Card Sagas Wars seems to be pretty good as well.

"Sooo, out of curiosity: is the Golden Sword (and the Link Between Worlds equivalent) Link's overall strongest sword (Double Helix Sword aside)? I mean, being the Master Sword with all of its powers intact but enhanced destructive capacity."

ALTTP Golden MS is the strongest one in the series via being 4-B, double helix and SS's True MS are quite equal as both are High 4-C. ALBW's Golden MS is only High 5-A.

At least until 2028 when the remake comes out, Sephiroth uses the Ubernova that destroys the FF Funkaverse in a 2 hour cinematic, that would make Hideo Kojima think it's too much. 0v0

"ALTTP Golden MS is the strongest one in the series via being 4-B, double helix and SS's True MS are quite equal as both are High 4-C. ALBW's Golden MS is only High 5-A."

I see, thanks for the info!

Okay, I actually think the 3-A upgrade thread has more chances of getting accepted than the 4-A one. Is that normal ovo?

Pretty sure 3-A was brought up numerous times, but would be awesome to see. Same with 4-A, but that one seems more iffy surprisingly. However, yeah, ALTTP's Golden Sword is the strongest sword in the series it seems as it makes Link 4-B even without any Triforce enhancements.

I'll eventually make a blog backing my claim up. If Saik can get 2hu to be as strong as it is, I can do the same ovo (also because the Sacred Realm/Dark World not being treated as the same size as the Light World is bs).

I mean, I would like LoZ to be upgraded to 3-A as well, but tbh, Azzy kinda likes to dump on your upgrades. (I know that's a joke, but still). He really got our hopes up with that Ultra Instinct Kirby teaser video a while back.

Ganon should have existence erasure, btw.

When Link returns the Ocarina in ALTTP
Thanks, Link. ...

But, it looks like I can't play it anymore.

I want you to take care of it.

And, if you ever go to the village where I used to live, give it to the old man who's always dozing off.

... ... ...

Ah, my consciousness has been fading...

Please, let me hear its tone one last time...

Yeah the flute boy wasn't actually being erased from existence, but his consciousness fading away sounds more like a form of Mind Manipulation.

Back to the Dark World, I found 5 statements already saying that it's the same as the Light World. One of them's even In FSA lol.

The real cal howard said:
Back to the Dark World, I found 5 statements already saying that it's the same as the Light World. One of them's even In FSA lol.
Well damn, if I may quote iDubbbz:

"That's pretty good"

The problem is that as long as we can't prove that Light World=Universe, all of these statements are useless. If someone has a quote about that, we're already halfway there.

Wheee! Roll roll...
Hm, you turned into a rabbit, I see... That's right, this world and the world where we live have very similar geography, but they're a weeee bit different.
~ Ball​
Link, listen well. Things that are in each of the Light and Dark Worlds imitate each other.
~ Sahasrahla​
(^ This one's the most vague, but it implies that the two worlds have corresponding parts)
There are two overworlds in A Link to the Past. The Light World that Link calls home is a colorful and abundant place, with green forests, arid bluffs, and crystal-blue waters. In the Dark World that mirrors the Light World, the terrain is much the same, but everything is cast in a somber hue.
~ Hyrule Historia​
This world is like a darkened mirror of your own... It looks familiar, but in truth it is very different. Much like you four...
~ Mage in FSA​

There's also Sahrashlahsbuevie's statement of the Dark World being the other half of the Light World and japanese HH stating that the Dark world mirrors the Light World.

I've also found some japanese things that heavily implies that the Sacred Realm was initially inside of Hyrule and only got separated later, probably by Rauru and TF, along with something not relying on Dark World = Light World that proves that the Dark World is universe sized.

Also, me forgetting that I can't write the abbreviation for japanese anymore ovo

Also, Ganon already has EE via TF.

And I've also discovered a possibility of Agahnim (and Ganon) being capable of bypassing magic resistance, as there were droughts and pestilences that could resist magic, and Agahnim has used magic to deal with them. ALTTP manual.

Lol, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised the legend of Zelda is actually 2-B - 2-A based on a comment written on a pamphlet that came with with a limited edition chocolate bar promoting the game back in 91, that said that the Sacred Realm is a world of endless possibilities and outcomes and futures could be foreseen and be connected (as in timelines), XD

I'm still surprised that the Link and game that pushes the verse's power the furthest is ALttP, such an old game, instead of newer and more "spectacular" ones. Pretty happy about it, I love that game.

Wish I could help with the research but my knowledge of the franchise is pretty casual. Though if I find something useful I'll be sure to bring it up.

"Ooh, I'm really surprised. I didn't think that I'll ever see someone that is not insane. It's been few hundred years. Well, let me talk with you for a sec. Do you know this story..... They say that the Triforce created this world to grant Ganon every wish he chooses to make. What is Ganondorf's wish, you say? To be King of all worlds (he's probably referring only to Light/Dark World given the ending of the game) of course. He can do it with magical energy of the Dark World, can't he?"

This is directly translated from Japanese by Reinhardthrowhisspear. It's creation at the very least, and probably some new ability but I'm still angry at NoA as this should have been the statement that should have upgraded the verse to 3-A

Because "Light World" is the name of the Zelda universe. The problem is proving it, though. It is implied enough to suspect for actual proof of it somewhere, but not enough to get accepted on its own.

This is just an idea, but is does any of the writers or such of the Zelda series have a constant contact with fans via social media in twitter or such? Kinda like how Hideki Kamiya did for a long time. If that's the case it perhaps could be possible to elaborate the question in japanese of whether the Light World is the whole universe or not and ask directly (word it the best way possible, translate, revision with someone who speaks proper japanese and then send it)

May seem, pretty naive, but hey just a though. I mean, if one of the people working in the story proper confirms it it would be close to actual proof wouldn't it?

EDIT: I mean, in the case there is someone to contact we wouldn't be asking spoiler questions or anything, simply something along the lines if wether the Light World refers to Hyrule and the planet or as a dimension or the whole universe containing it, right?

I think the issue with the manga is that is explicitely stated to be non-canon. or at least a different canon (and composite Link takes all the games but stops there). And unlike Pokemon which can be pretty vague with the more concrete facts for the feats, reason why secondary canon is needed in the first place, Zelda does provide evidence to establish stuff. At least that's what I get, I could be wrong though.

EDIT: If composite Link considered the CD-i games as well he would go down a few tiers wouldn't he?

The interview more implied the opposite, since it's Nintendo who want the adaptation and he help in the creation of the mangas.

And Pokemon have supposed secondary canon even in very obscure manga (like Magical Journey of Pikachu) or TGC. But it's more a whole another thing.

@Tarta

The Legend of Zelda doesn't have a "writer" for the story. The closer we got was the one that wrote the ALTTP background, but the guy didn't even collaborate to HH or any other game after that. The plot of the game is just created following the gameplay. That's basically the main reason even the official Zelda Timeline has wrong things. Also, you have to consider Nintendo's stubbornness to never say the world universe.

Nintendo is trying hard to forget about the CD-i games. In HE, there's a section about spin-offs in which these games don't appear. Heck, they even have a list of every game that even half references the Zelda saga (like a trophy that looks like the TF) and CD-i isn't mentioned even there ovo.

@Yuri

I actually tried to do that, but I couldn't find anything. The most I could find was the fact that there was a chapter of the manga at the end of HH.

Lastly, I found something that "says" that the Light world contains some other "world" in it, like Termina and others. Would that be enough to prove that Light World= universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back