• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of curiosity, which games of the series you guys haven't played yet?

In my case:

-Majora's Mask

-Skyward Sword

-Oracle of Season and Ages

-Breath of the Wild

-Minish Cap

-Wind Waker

I haven't played the games-that-must-not-be-named and the reviews ane memes make sure that I never will. However I have yet to complete BotW, even without dlc Favorite is a toss-up between MM, Minish, and the complete Seasons/Ages. Though when it comes to nostalgia nothing comes near OoT. Still can't hear the title theme without getting chills.

CD-i can be disregarded as not Zelda games XD. Though I do admit that playing as Zelda was kinda of a cool concept. I dunno, but her becoming playable alongside Link would be kinda cool. But make her campaing or her playstyle different? Kinda like how in Mega Man X4 onwards you can choose between X or Zero but both play very differently.

Ocarina of Time was a phenomenal game is you ask me. Wish I could play Majora's Mask though.

MM is excellent. I'd definitely suggest going for the 3DS remaster as well, if you can nab it for a decent price. Makes certain parts a lot more bearable with the fixed controls, and it looks beautiful.

I have MM for 3Ds and played a bit but never finished it. Maybe I'll restart and try and finish it, after I finish what i'm currently playing.

For me it oot. Links awakening and oracle games and Ms. Due to where I live good luck finding zedla games or anyone who knows it hdoesn't to find emulators to plat the ones mentioned

Can I remove the part in ALTTP!Link's page that says that he's the descendant of OoT!Link?

That's impossible as one of his ancestors would have needed to be "born" during the events of OoT, and I'd like to remind you that OoT!Link still has the mind of a 10 years old boy.

I hope I got the grammar right ovo

Yeah ALttP Link is more like a reincarnation rather than a descendant; OoT Link died before he was able to produce in offspring, so the lineage seems unlikely.

ALttP is the one that follows the downfall timeline; meaning Link failed to defeat Ganon, and Ganon successfully took both the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom.

Looking back, OoT should have had a bad ending if you lost to Ganon. Something like Ganondorf laughing over Link after his defeat and showing him taking over Hyrule. Would have been shocking as hell, but cool as well.

So, on another random question: Which was your first Zelda game?

My first Zelda was also ALttP, another reason it was my favorite game of all time.

I personally liked Game Theory's Link is Dead in Majora's Mask.

Never really heard any interesting Zelda theories. Well, there was the whole timeline deal before it was officially revealed, and it was pretty fascinating.

One of my favorites is that Din created the demons.

Remember that in OoT it's explained that she created (cultivatd) the earth, and in SS we learnt that demons came from that same earth.

My favorite was created by myself (I haven't seen it anywhere on the internet), and it basically says that Demise, Hylia and First Link were all keeping the TF, but then Demise betrayed them and started the first war for the TF.

Most Zelda theories are either stuff that was eventually proven to be true (Split timeline and Hero Shade being OOT Link) or really basic and tame stuff like Link married Malon. I share the same sentiment as DarkDragon in regards to the Link is Dead theory, find it to be really interesting, but other than that there isn't many theories that I could say are good or interest me.

So Din made a mistake or she could be actually having a dark scheme going on?

I've wondered something... may be off mark given I haven't played SS yet, but Demise is some sort of evil god in a one of a kind way, or there's a race of beings like him.

How do Link's appearances work? Does he reincarnate? At first I thought that, but with the Hero's Shade it seems they are different people or something.

Demise kind of reminds me of Akuma >_>

And off topic: What does "0v0" mean?

I don't think she made demons as an accident. She created them on her own will, whatever because she's "evil" or just because she wanted to see Link kill them. No idea on why.

Ganon resurrects (with FSA being the only exception in which he reincarnates), Link reincarnates and Zelda probably reincarnates as well.

I also think that Link's (and Zelda's) reincarnations aren't due to Demise's curse, but that they naturally reincarnate every time Hyrule/the world is in danger, as we see them reincarnate also for guys like Vaati and Malladus. Basically what Demise did was just to create Ganon, and Link is either bound to his own "duty" or he just can't control when he reincarnates, causing him to reincarnate to stop Ganon. But that's just a theory. And no I won't finish the sentence.

TriforcePower1 said:
I don't think she made demons as an accident. She created them on her own will, whatever because she's "evil" or just because she wanted to see Link kill them. No idea on why.

Ganon resurrects (with FSA being the only exception in which he reincarnates), Link reincarnates and Zelda probably reincarnates as well.

I also think that Link's (and Zelda's) reincarnations aren't due to Demise's curse, but that they naturally reincarnate every time Hyrule/the world is in danger, as we see them reincarnate also for guys like Vaati and Malladus. Basically what Demise did was just to create Ganon, and Link is either bound to his own "duty" or he just can't control when he reincarnates, causing him to reincarnate to stop Ganon. But that's just a theory. And no I won't finish the sentence.
Yh thats the way i see it remeber during the time of first link not skyward sword hylia did when ever hyrule is in danger they would dunno if that coints tho

TriforcePower1 said:
So... BOTW happens at the end of each timeline apparently.
https://youtu.be/S7GaqYZ0fxk
I can only assume four possibilities:

1. This is a placeholder for Breath of the Wild's placement in the timeline until the actual timeline is revealed.

2. Timeline conversion theory was correct.

3. The possibility that no matter what happens in a timeline, they will all end in BOTW happening. A reality bound by Fate.

4. Nintendo gave up and said "**** it! You choose where you want it to be."

I bet the fourth is actually what they thought ovo.

I personally think it's the third option. If it was a timeline conversion they would have put the game somewhere else.

Here's a question for everyone.

What was your first LOZ game you ever played?

For me it was either LttP or OoS.

Twilight Princess.

I remember it vividly.

I was at my local library looking at the next game I wanted to borrow. I stumbled upon Twilight Princess. What captured my attention immediately was the name. The "sensational" Twilight Saga series was popular around that time and the title made instantly think of that series and laugh.

After my initial reaction, I looked at the artwork on the cover, and instantly I became ensnared. I loved the gothic dark anime art style-it was gorgeous and still is-and I decided...why not? I brought the game home and started to play it.

And then something unexplainable happened.

When I was rounding up the goats I was bombarded with an overwhelming sense of Déj├á vu, and I couldn't-and still can't-determine why though. I felt like I played this game before, that I was doing a motion I knew I did a thousand times, but I hadn't. Playing this game just felt...right.

A sense of impossible nostalgia overtook my young mind, and I knew, I was hooked.

I went on to make it to the Lakebed Temple. Sadly, the layout was too grand and complex for my dumb seven-year-old mind to figure out. My free rental time had expired and I had to return the game to the Library. I continued to sporadically borrow the game from the Library and after a few years, when my mind matured, I beat the Lakebed Temple, obtained the Master Sword, and defeated both Ganondorf and the game. I had conquered the seemingly impossible challenge.

And throughout all those years from when I first played Twilight Princess to the time when I put it down after I victoriously slayed the King of Evil. I had scoured the internet to fill my useless brain up with everything Zelda related. The other games in the franchise, the theories, the cartoon show and CD-i games, the timeline, absolutely everything. I bought Twilight Princess and other Zelda games and completed them 100% numerous times and continue to do so annually out of a sense of love for the series (Sans Breath of the Wild. I 100% completed that game on Normal and Master Mode. Once was enough and I refuse to do so again). Anyway...

This game.

This damn game.

This game, that made me feel impossible sensations, this game, that opened up a whole universe that enticed me at every turn and still does so to this day. This game, the one that started it all.

This game is the reason why this series became my favorite video game franchise of all time. And it all started on that day in 2008, back when I hadn't a care in the world.

I am grateful for that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back