• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the General Discussion

Guys, someone found an interesting hieroglyphic from Twilight Princess.

Here the link.

It seems to rappresent Zelda, a little boy with a shield (Link I guess), a Rito, a Goron, a Zora and... a male gerudo.

Good Ganondorf?

I will never believe in the good Ganondorf theory it's been thrown around so much that it just makes me feel go "ugh" but yeah I just want Botw 2 now also how is everyone doing I hope you are all having a good day

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Ganondorf is called "The Great King of Evil" for a reason.
The fact that he is the personification of Demise's hatred dosent help also, I mean that dude wasn't born evil he is Just pure evil in all he is and ever will b.

AshenCrow777 said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
Ganondorf is called "The Great King of Evil" for a reason.
The fact that he is the personification of Demise's hatred dosent help also, I mean that dude wasn't born evil he is Just pure evil in all he is and ever will b.
A good Ganondorf who tries to drive out Demise's hatred to live in peace doesn't sound horrible to me in Botw2.

The thing is, Demise's Hatred isn't an infection - it doesn't invade someone and make them evil, and so, it can't be "driven out".

It literally creates a mortal manifestation to do the work of Demise - in this case, Ganondorf.

Saying that Ganondorf can "drive out Demise's Hatred" makes no sense. He'd be driving out himself.

If there was anyway to make Ganondorf to be more sympathetic - I'd make it so that Ganondorf hated the Goddesses, Demise, and the cycle of Fate. Having to constantly be reborn and forced to do the same dance, to be a plaything for the Goddesses and Destiny, for an entirety.

His soul is tired and it wants its rest, and that Ganondorf would fight and kill anyone he has to, to obtain the future that is of his own making, and not of the Goddesses.

Now I think about can we take the time and truly appreciate a 3-A Link we get to keep it after all lol and after such a long battle uphill victory of this battle feels so freaking sweet

Warren Valion said:
Actually the only one at fault here would be Demise the 3 GGs created a Universe(multiverse?LORULE) and let the anything inside it the chance to strive and if God's became Dangerous they left behind the triforce so any of the inhabitants could defend themselves.

D3mise got greedy blah blah started a war wanted the TF cause a massive genocide on a planetary scale Hylia had to intervene she stopped Demise became a mortal.

Fast forward a ton of years/centuries Demise is back first hero Link needs to save the universe blah blah blah the adventures of green Boi and blue grill starts epic showdown at the end and than Demise after complementing Link and basically telling the kid that he was a bad ass at his core Demise was a sore loser so he cursed Link Zelda and himself in a never ending battle royal.

Bottom line God's avoid meddling with mortals unless they need to actually save the world but even then there interactions basically stops at Link... And that's it they let humanity freedom and not being assholes like Greek gods (Hades, Hestia, Hermes, Athena, Persephone were the only cool ones) they were a bit more like norse God's helpful and chill with some mortals.

So the only one to blame is Demise the sage of lights tried to permanently kill Ganondorf but Ganondorf was such a tough cookie that the Triforce of power granted him Low godly regen brought him back to life and red head daddy proceeded to back hand sages to death.

Also villain hating gods and destiny and whatever else there is as been done to death so many times.

I just appreciate the fact that Ganondorf is evil because he simply just is that's a much better story just like Darkseid just pure evil and that's it, I don't expect a Thanos like infinity war but I do expect a Thanos like endgame from Ganon.

Changing argument...

Why some people understimate Link? I read some comments saying "Link is not superhuman" or "Link is not planet level" and when I wrote to them Ganon's planetary feats (like moving the moon at high speed) they said "this doesn't mean Ganon can use the same input to attack his opponent, create or warp something with magic doesn't mean that your offensive magic is that strong"

AFAIK, is a misconception that comes from Link using a lot of equipment, artifacts and items, as well an overall lack of flashy fight scenes. People that don't look into his feats are left with the impression he's just a smart guy that gets by the stuff he carries.

Not to mention, flashy displays of action pretty much make the reputation of how powerful a character is for non-vs debating nerds like us.

TartaChocholate said:
AFAIK, is a misconception that comes from Link using a lot of equipment, artifacts and items, as well an overall lack of flashy fight scenes. People that don't look into his feats are left with the impression he's just a smart guy that gets by the stuff he carries.

Not to mention, flashy displays of action pretty much make the reputation of how powerful a character is for non-vs debating nerds like us.
Yup basically all of this so if Link doesn't get an animated series like the DCAU or marvel or a movie where they show him his full strength it won't be enough people inside the Fandom knows how strong link can get but even then there only source of information are youtube theorists and that's... Kind of bad because a lot of them just focus on what if and not are hell a lot of them aren't as deep in the lore as we are here.

That's why I'm kind of grateful VS wiki is here and it allows us to show a characters true showings the problem is that we are hidden on the radar but ironically so VS battle Youtubers would use the system feats and calcs of this site.... And they don't state where there sources are from just oof

Anime we use the system of anime characters fight and we mention them in the tiering system but them Youtubers??? Nope and I still see some of them going around saying moon buster+++++

Lgamer099 99 said:
Guys I was thinking, why not creat more keys for every Link?
Beginning / Mid Game / End Game
Id assume it's hard to figure out exact values and how much he gets stronger at certain points. Or how strong he starts off as because it's hard to place where and when he gets stronger specifically. It's easy for some yet a lot need a lot of arbitrary guessing.

We do that to some Links; like Breath of the Wild, and Young Link is technically early game OoT Link. Early/Mid game Link could scale from Temple bosses where as End Game Link is generally on par with the end game bosses such as Ganondorf. Though, ALttP Link is kind of the hardest one to grasp given he's the strongest non composite Link at first but then goes down to Tier 6. Skyward Sword Link I feel is the main one that needs multiple keys since he's only 3-A with Complete Triforce and is High 4-C when fighting Demise.

High 7-A would be the tier for the weakest Link given that's the bomb flower calc.

Yeah multiple keys for the various Links would be a good idea, Argorok for example has "Kept up with Link" as a justification for its Relativistic speed and it ends up being confusing when you check TP Links page and see Relativistic+ instead. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle since most of them would need 3 keys at most. Using TP Link as an example he would be High 7-A before getting the Master Sword, 6-B after getting it, and 5-A to High 4-C when he battles Zant and Ganondorf.

TP Link shouldn't even have Rel+ speed given that the feat was made by a YugaGaHilda with two Triforce Pieces. Only Full Triforce wielders and maybe AoL!Link (and Dark Link from the same game) should scale.

TriforcePower1 said:
TP Link shouldn't even have Rel+ speed given that the feat was made by a YugaGaHilda with two Triforce Pieces. Only Full Triforce wielders and maybe AoL!Link (and Dark Link from the same game) should scale.
But In Wind Waker Ganondorf can dodge light arrows without looking.

Yeah, I was going to bring up that Ganondorf shouldn't technically be scaled from YuGanon, considering that YuGanon has two Triforce pieces and is the combined might of Ganon and Yuga. However, Wind Waker Ganondorf reacting to Light Arrows could get a Relativistic to Relativistic+ feat in. Just compare the speed he moves to the speed of the light arrow basically how it goes.

Guys kind of important info on Demise straight up from Fi

"Demise First Phase This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters. According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it.

It is clear that Skyward Strikes cannot be called down to your sword because this place is under the magical influence of Demise. Attacks using Skyward Strike energy will not be possible here

It is highly probable that the only weapon capable of wounding Demise is the Master Sword itself. No other weapon can affect it.

The probability that a single, standard attack of yours will injure Demise, Master, is exactly 0%." Fi using info analysis in the first phase of the fight against Demise.

1.Is said to have conquered time itself and is an eternal being.

2.The source of all monsters in the Zelda universe.

3.different person's see Demise differently that mean the way Link sees him by extansion us might no be even his true dorm.

4.Demise has total control of his Dimension after BFR'ing Link into it anykind of magical attack would be useless since again the guy as absolute control over it.

5.Specifically stated that the master sword is the only thing that can even remotely harm him and that no other weapon can affect him, which makes sense we spent the entire game boosting the Goddess Sword into the master sword using the flames of the triforce, and than getting the blessing of Hylia Zelda to be able to even harm so yeah it's consistent.

6.Again anykind of standard attacks won't even hurt Demise and and the chance of hurting him with anything other than his own magic lightning redirected by him via the master sword other than that chance of beating him is exactly 0%.

So what do you guys think?

Also want to point out Link was only able to truly kill Demise by using the most powerful objects in his universe the Triforce, but demise fate manipulation/curse manipulation kind of saved him from that since he was able to be reincarnated as Ganondorf.

hell killing Demise in the past didn't even stop his curse from living on,i mean he did conquer time itself and he's also the primeval God of evil and every monster or whatever in that spectrum originates from him.

idk about the time thing, I mean he clearly didnt conquer all of time, otherwise the other zelda games wouldnt happen. The rest I can get behind though.

Isnt Majora already low 2-C? I thought he created a universe.

Conquering time was considered flowery language by a couple other staff members; not saying it's impossible, just saying that the statement alone doesn't hold much weight. And there was only enough context for Majora being 3-A, according to Kepekley, not quite Low 2-C. I know a few staff members disagree with Majora being Universal, but Azathoth is going to be inactive for a long time and Matt basically said he'd rather not get too invested due to both constant repetitions and health reasons.

However, I really don't get the assumption that Link "Stomped" Demise that I keep hearing from Dark649. So either the True Master Sword and Skyward Sword Link is downgraded to At least High 4-C and only 3-A with Triforce, or Demise should be 3-A. Though more recent evidence such as the Triforce being used to ultimately transform the Master Sword into the True Master Sword does make me wonder than Demise could in fact be 3-A.

Back