• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Leader of the Zynthians versus Dragon Waifu

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
Arrogant Schmuck said:
Whoa, someone made a Dragon Maid match without me having to ask them to. Thanks!

Which of Malgorok's keys are you using?
He's starting out in his first/second phase but he's allowed to transition to his third phase if he takes enough damage in this matchup.

Good point, I actually was intending to do that; I thought I typed that into the OP so I just left it at that until you reminded me.

Lifesteal just deals damage to the opponent and heals Malgorok for the amount of damage he deals, and shadow drain/shadow blast are relatively common moves he uses when he gets close up/far away (while flying) respectively, but his third phase causes opponents to get passively damaged (which heals him in return) until Malgorok'Zyth dies.

His statistics reduction are either temporary slowness effects he inflicts on opponents with most of his ice attacks or huge AoE zones that halves movement speed and damage output of anyone (except malgorok) in the radius.

Malgorok'Zyth generally has a random chance to use either of these moves but some are restricted to him whilst flying (E.G, Shadow Blast/Necro Force) or while grounded (Shadow Uppercut/Isla Absorption). Exceptions could probably be made for Isla Absorption, Necro Force, and Ice Beam as he uses those less often than his other moves (those of which, he uses relatively commonly).

Her Low-Mid regen would probably help her with that passive damage. Does he have any counter for an opponent he can't hear, see, or smell?

The passive damage actually activates in his third phase, so it wouldn't be a worry for his first/second phases.

I don't believe he has a counter to that, but the ice attacks should be able to somewhat counter Tohru's invisibility by applying covering her with ice (as per what some of them can do), but he'd have to be really luck to do that. However, his AoE debuffing circle thing spawns a rotating snowflake below anyone within the ring, so that's probably his best choice in this scenario. As for the third phase, Malgorok Curse applies a ring around the target while it's active, so there's that.

If you mean "kill" by achieving victory by any means, then it honestly just depends on how Tohru's BFR works and what limits it has. Aside from that, Tohru's at least 164 Gigatons whereas Malgorok'Zyth is 115 Gigatons, so she has a slight AP advantage by comparison.

In spite of that, Malgorok'Zyth's durability is a bit higher than his AP, especially considering how he can practically render himself practically invulnerable to attacks launched by an endgame player (or a combined group of them, even) whilst flying or while using certain moves (Ice Beam, Necro Force, Isla Absorption). If Tohru's going to physically damage him, then it's definitely going to take a relatively long time.

As per what Malgorok'Zyth has to contend her with, it generally just depends on how fast Tohru can regenerate via her Low-Mid Regenerationn. Players (that malgorok'zyth can fight against) can easily survive being repeatedly impaled by this weapo - of which is stated to fire bolts that are "more like javelins" - during PVP scenarios on Riltak island. Their Regenerationn can then work out healing them over a span of several minutes or less depending on if they're using equipment that boosts regen speed or not. This could possibly count as mid-level regen if we're considering that players can also survive repeated headshots from said weapon. At the very least, it can allow us to get a glance that Malgorok'Zyth can contend with opponents with Low-Mid regen.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dlNimGFa...pQwgzdgcIAbWtwGMS4sQRE1OFMuANNACCo/s0/010.png

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3a7I1VcM...KlMjoOCjgF6foSVuAaxinHXzUq7mlrwCCo/s0/011.png

She regenerated from an attack which pierced her heart in a matter of seconds.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0036ffeS9Qg/VXHNmORG0pI/AAAAAAABRBQ/yXdu9MX5o6g/s0/007.jpg

Her tail grows back almost instantaneously. But that's pretty much the only part of her that regenerates that fast.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rMJXlPpa...0sgLoPsJkbddNlKWLeYVVGUjraJgFswCCo/s0/012.png

She also healed from over thirty acid attacks and hits to her vital spots. All of which she had to have been hit by as she was preventing them from reaching the city. I think it's safe to assume she healed as quickly from these as she did the attack which pierced her heart.

If Malgorok can't see, hear, or smell her though, she can get quite a few hits right off the bat. She can also enhance her AP with magic which she does in pretty much any fight she's in.

Then she definitely does have quite a bit of an advantage there. As for the AP enhancement, how much does it amplify her strength?

The only thing I see being a possible threat in spite of her regen here is Necro Force depending on whether or not it automatically hits any nearby targets, as it can easily instakill several players with the aforementioned Low-Mid Regenerationn.

If we don't assume that (which I think would be a safe option), then Malgorok'Zyth would likely be able to track her down with Invierno Pulsar due to the aforementioned snowflake effect. Malgorok'Zyth also has the possibility of having over a thousand years of combat experience as per the notion of "lived for many millennia", so he could potentially have enough combat experience to realize that the crux of whether or not he wins is to have a method of consistently tracking Tohru. Then again, Tohru is stated to have battled generations of humans, which may or may not be longer than the amount of time Malgorok'Zyth has (questionably) been fighting for.

I do believe that Malgorok's third phase could definitely be advantageous to him, as he'd already have prior knowledge of how he can't see Tohru at all and has to afflict her with specific ailments just to only have a visual indicator of where she is, but not hear her. Malgorok Curse would do the same exact thing as Invierno Pulsar and give him a better chance of throwing attacks at her.

The durability gap could possibly tank that (Depending on how powerful that attack in question is) but that definitely is a good point. Depending on the phase and whether or not he could see the attacks in question, Malgorok'Zyth can fly in close proximity (Which should be entirely possible with the insane defensive effect it grants him, which should render most of the damage he takes notably minimal) to the source of the attack in question and probably attempt something on the lines of an ice beam or something and throw a few Shadow Blasts in the direction the attack is coming from in attempts to hit Tohru, but her regen can probably tank the Shadow Blasts as per the acid statement.

If Tohru manages to get Malgorok to his third phase beforehand, though, then she probably takes it at that point.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
It's more like "debating the information with another person already knowledgeable about one of the characters within this matchup in question" and allowing other people to join in on this thread and vote based on the information discussed. You can vote (along with Arrogant Schmuck) if you'd like.

The character being hit in that image is someone consistently stated to be only slightly weaker than Tohru (the left-most panel in the middle), and that attack KO'd her in one go.

Then I believe Malgorok'Zyth can endure it without flying; he can already endure attacks that can oneshot players (which would be around at least High 6-C) such as the bat scythe's special with damage buffs added to them. If he were flying/using a move that normally renders attacks of such level to deal no damage, then it wouldn't really harm him at all until he stops flying.

Once Tohru sees that his weapons are a staff and sword tho I doubt she'd try to get in close as opposed to staying out of range and hitting him with AoE fire attacks.

Which she can do thanks to her hundreds of meters to several kilometers vs Malgorok's dozens of meters.

At least she wouldn't get in close while her attacks are telegraphed. If she wanted to melee him she'd do it with perception blocking active.

When she gets into melee range and starts landing hits on him, chances are that Malgorok will attempt to use Subzero Slammer (Which has a relatively small delay) on her (which would likely reveal where she would be, as per the attack freezing over opponents via covering them in a large amount of ice) and follow it up with a shadow uppercut and a few strikes.

Staying out of range can work, but Malgorok'Zyth can probably attempt to follow her via flight while shooting a few of his non-telegraphed attacks, which could work based on the aforementioned durability advantage while he does so.

If he attempts to follow her in the air he runs the risk of her opening a portal leading him to the dragon world then just leaving him there.

Even in the air though she still has the range advantage plus that Low-Mid.

Yeah, I think I'm going to vote Tohru for the range advantage. He can't really do a lot to stop her from bombarding him with AoE fire. Plus perception blocking can help her get in a lot of hits at first before he realizes what's going on and how to counter it.

Added your vote to the OP. Now to wait for more people a╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âe╠Âl╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠ÂT╠Âo╠Âh╠Âr╠Âu╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âw╠Âo╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âs╠Âs╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠ÂO╠Âv╠ÂO╠ to vote.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Yeah, I think I'm going to vote Tohru for the range advantage. He can't really do a lot to stop her from bombarding him with AoE fire.
He can tank it.

Of course with the fact that she still has Higher AP and really beefed Low Mid, absolutely fearsome dragon for reasons above.

Added vote.

Definitely going to take a while in spite of that AP due to durability skyrocketing when flying/using certain moves, but she can definitely whittle him down after a while and then she can easily swoop the third phase.

Back