• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Law of Identity Possible Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Am I… Am I being left behind?" asked the hero.

The voice belonged to Hiroshi, to Bouichirou, to Kento, and to the storyteller.

"Yes. As I said before, you will remain," replied the Law of Identity.

She appeared to be a god of salvation, but she was also a cruel god.

"Why!?" he shouted bitterly.

He had half expected this, but he had hoped there would be salvation for him as well.

But there was not.

"You must remain here to leave the story here. That way the next souls can continue on as well."

He found that hard to believe and shook his head.

"But that's too cruel!"

"I am aware it is cruel. That cruelty can be felt through the story. You will simply be starting over from the beginning. In the next instant, you will be in an Empty Universe, followed by a Formless Universe, and then it will shift to a Gravity Universe. That will likely take tens of thousands of years."

"Please stop! I have to redo the story?"

"Because of who you are, that is unavoidable."

"Because of who I am? I can't escape that!"

"That is what it means to be the Law of Identity."

"I will be the Law of Identity?"

"You are the next Law of Identity. If you are to be saved, it will be when you act as the Law of Identity and successfully guide the new personalities. The story will be trapped by gravity, so you must guide it toward lightness."

"But that's so sad. I have to part ways with everyone?"

"Even sadness will be outdated and obsolete under the story that will take effect in the next instant. You will not be parting ways with everyone. There must have been souls other than yours that were not saved by this story of the Demon King in the Very Back, so if you become the next Law of Identity, you will not be alone."

That conversation occurred in the smallest unit of time, but there was no concept of time for the hero once he was within the Empty Universe that contained his mind.

He thought for eternity.

He thought of nonsense as nonsense.

Who could prove that he was sane?

In the ending of the Light Novel, The hero " Hiroshi, Bouichirou, Kento, the storyteller." was going to eventually ascend the hierarchy and become the next TLOI, since a tier 0 really cant be replaced in a verse this would remove the possbility of her being tier 0. I.e just High 1-A

When he realized the Law of Identity had to know what he had done in the afterlife, he began sweating. She was likely referring to what had occurred between him, Junko, Fujiko, and Yoshie.

"Um…well…about that…"

He grew flustered, but she started laughing.

"But I forgive you." She held his hand. "We'll be together forever now, right?"

"Not even I know what our life will be like from now on."

^Self explanatory

"Do we have to perform the ritual to create a void body?" asked Akuto.

"It seems so. I don't know the details, but it basically means we'll get married for real."

Again.

It was data made of imaginary numbers.

It was space with no time.

It was a place where the laws of physics came to an end.

It was beyond causality.

It was casting aside one's earthly form.

It was the salvation of all.

Keena took Akuto's hand.

For his transformation in the negative direction, all of the noisy souls inside him were transferred into her.

Countless voices filled the space between them.

Countless thoughts were there: Junko's, Yoshie's, Fujiko's, Lily's, women's, and men's.

"What does it feel like to be saved?"

"I've never experienced it, so I wouldn't know. Well, we'll know soon enough."

"It must feel like binding with Akuto-sama on the most fundamental level!"

"You've lived a carefree life, haven't you? Personally, I guess it doesn't really matter."

"President, you need to be more honest with your desires, arinsu."

"Like hunger, gya."

"Guga."

"More importantly, will our desire for prestige be fulfilled there?"

"Is hem-hem all you can think of when you hear the word salvation? You sure are savages!"

"Quiet, you black savage! Also, the student council president is the carefree one!"

"I'd rather you called it being relaxed. More importantly, there's a few more people who haven't shown up, right?"

"Apparently they won't show up if the storyteller has forgotten about them."

"That's about the most basic meta comment I've ever heard. Are you sure we should be doing that?'

The entire nature of the Void body is that, TLOI and his other Girlfriends basically merge with Akuto Sai, they ascend above the hierarchy and become a universe like the other gods.

I thought I heard a sound from within my brain. I clearly understood how to carry out my duty. The demon king had made this world and I had to guide the demon king and those depressed thoughts toward "lightness".

I quickly realized how to do that.

It had to be possible for the Law of Identity to access this world. The blonde Keena's attempts to stop the demon king made that clear. The Law of Identity desired a proper ending to the story, so I would show her that the story had been eliminated.

Given the structure of the world, she would have been hiding without the demon king's knowledge. The demon king was a universal being who had constructed this world, but the self-identity needed to form a story had to have been created. In other words, the Law of Identity had to exist as a character. Nevertheless, the demon king had not noticed her in this world. He likely assumed she would not be present because Keena was asleep.

Self explanatory (I will explain it in the comments if needed)

So in conclusion she should be high 1-A, possibly even 1-A depending on how you view these limitations.

Well, what I would agree to is that TLoI seems not to be omniscient, in my opinion. Actually I wonder if it was even anywhere implied that she is.

Aside from that I am really uncertain what point you are trying to make with some of those quotes.

The Void Body doesn't have a lot to do with TLoI. It is wrong that TLoI was absorbed into it. On the opposite Akuto and the rest were absorbed into Keena (who at that point was not even acting as TLoI).

I think that there is a next LoI doesn't mean much here. Considering that brave was straight up incapable of denying the wish of TLoI it is clear that she is in the more powerful position despite Brave being TLoI now. That he can seemingly not acess the Anti-Gravity Universe TLoI went to just shows that point.

Still, I think putting TLoI at High 1-A, or at least High 1-A if one really wishes to, is the most appropiate tier. I think the descriptions regarding her being throughout the series point more towards that than a straight up tier 0, even if we accept not omniscient beings as tier 0.

She is the anthropomorph manifestation of Identity and the highest story writer, no matter the hierarchy, capable of doing whatever can be expressed in words. She is powerful enough that I don't think one can find a being capable of certainly beating her, but by her nature she is also not an alien being completly beyond understanding, because ultimately it are stories she controls.

Heck, I think she was never even described as being omnipotent or something. (Well, I'm probably forgetting an instance there, but still)

In any case, as it currently stands I am perfectly fine with just waiting for DarkLK to finish his analysis and then present it. It is fine to leave things as they are until we read and debated that.

@DontTalkDT

Well, the way that I understood comments from DarkLK and Matthew, omniscience is not necessary for tier 0, as Ain Soph, the most powerful concept in human philosophy lacks this characteristic.

A lot of models for an "Omnipotent God" in philosophy and religion lack Omniscience, as often God will be presented as beyond the concept of knowledge or the lackthereof altogether - rendering the capability to know everything pointless.

I am personally fine with upgrading TLOI if DarkLK considers it acceptable.

I do not think that there is anything left to do here. Matthew will probably upgrade TLOI eventually.

Yes, he was, and I am fine with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back