• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS!!!!

yes and that's my opinion.. ill stand by it. for the most part, it is imo.. with a few exceptions here and there

Cade Skywalker is one of my least favorite Post ROTJ era characters, while obviously not the only character but he is one of the few that stick out.

then bruh all you want, if you like it go read it and enjoy it. no one is stopping you.. but dont force it down someone else's throat cause you like it.

Skippy is part of the legends continuity.. if anything.. there's no clear Canon in Legends in the first place... which is also a big problem with that continuity .. Don't get me wrong I do love Legends but I don't think it's as perfect as a lot of the users are making it out to be

There is though.

Skippy's story was published under the Star Wars: Infinities label, which denotes non-canon stories.

There's a variety of levels of canon in the Legends continuity..the only main canon thing was the films.. which would fall under G canon

Canon in Star Wars is actually very easy:

G-Canon: The movies.

T-Canon: The Clone Wars.

C-Canon: Basically everything else. The novels, comics and video games.

S-Canon: Stuff that exists but can be ignored when necessary, like the early Marvel Star Wars comics.

N-Canon: Non-canon things.

People make it out as a bigger deal than it really is.. your legends novels aren't gone. you can always read them again if you want to. it's not like Disney erased your books from existence (don't worry they still there no need to check). Just because your fav storyline isn't "canon" doesn't mean you cant still enjoy the stories.. it will always be there. the fact that we have two continuities is a good thing. it means we can satisfy alot more people.. but the fact that you want the new canon to literally do what the old one did is pretty stupid... why do you want the same stories told over again... I mean you don't like how the new Luke is portrayed or don't like Kylo. fine then go read the legends novels. same with me. I hate the whole Palpatine clone thing... so i can choose to read the new canon without having to worry about a clone Sidious popping out somewhere

@Ever well that's a lot simpler then I thought I guess hearing there were several different levels of canon gave me the idea it would be confusing

@Ever. The force unleashed is both a novel, a game and a comic.. which one is canon? hmm, considering they were both made at the same time. and each of these incarnations handles stuff differently

Also Palpatine cloning himself does fit with his character which was built mostly through Legends. His ultimate goal was to achieve immortality and godhood, and to turn all sentient life into his slaves. And while he hadn't yet cracked the secret to Immortality, he settled for the next best thing.

@Matt..its only in his character cause the novel said so.... regardless never liked it... it cheapened Darth Vader's sacrifice

Shadowbokunohero said:
@Ever. The force unleashed is both a novel, a game and a comic.. which one is canon? hmm, considering they were both made at the same time. and each of these incarnations handles stuff differently
All are equally canon. Just like with Dark Empire being both a comic and an audio drama.

Also, seriously. Read Darth Plagueis, Shadow. You'll understand why Legends Sidious is so great. Disney Sidious is so much more shallow.

@Matt I have..Disney Sidious is shallow because we haven't gotten content on him. also, do I have to remind you that this novel came out 28 years into the legends canon?... there is no real reason to say that the Disney canon won't create a Novel just as good or better in a few years.

like i said before.. your selling a continuity short.. thats like 5 years old.. obviously it wont have as much content.

I feel like everyone thinks I'm just hating on Legends.. in fact, I love legends.. and as a whole, it has more interesting stuff. but I can identify why .. at the end of the day Legends had way more time to develop its universe... while the Disney canon has not... just because a new continuity doesn't do exactly what the older one did doesn't make it bad by any means.. as for them stealing.. you cant really steal.. from yourself... Disney's move to make a blank continuity was a wise one. not only can it give the universe a fresh start and create a more cohesive canon but also allow some parts of the older continuity to return.. such as thrawn.

The original Thrawn Trilogy came like, within 5 years of the original EU existing and that is far better than anything Disney has done in the same time span. Also the original movies are far better than the Disney ones.

@Matt no..that was close to a decade into the Original EU.

i think both force awakens and TLJ, Rouge one are better than TPM, and AOTC..

also. they are star wars movies.. not the original ones and Disney ones... Disney owns all of them.. the only Original movies by that definition is the OT.

Also Lost Stars, bloodline, Sith lords Rebel rising, Phasma are all fantastical books in their own rights

Disney canon Darth Vader comics are absolutely amazing aswell

are they better than the Thrawn Trilogy? nah

but they are a lot better than most of your average Legend novels

Disney canon ranges from Meh to good

while Legends can range from absolute garbage to Masterpieces.

Back