• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Misa amane art by aidz666
Joker arthur fleck
The Joker has a gun, Misa haas the death note and both are in the same city and are trying to kill each other.
Bit both will recognize the other if they see the other.

Who wins?

Light may have more hax and intellegence, but his hax only revolve around if he knows Joker's name. Assuming he doesn't Joker is stronger, has more dura, has more stamina, and more range. The winner is clear in my opinion, but if you wanna vote Light, I'll let you. I'm voting Joker, and that probably isn't gonna change.

How in the actual hell are either of them going to find the other if neither of them know who the other is?

Joker's real identity is some ******* irrelevant guy, and finding Light would be a damn big mystery.

It could be by chance. Like they just accidentally bump into each other and then both realize that they're the guy that each other is looking for.

KingEzran said:
It could be by chance. Like they just accidentally bump into each other and then both realize that they're the guy that each other is looking for.
If anything, Light would recognizs Joker, not the other way around.

Since, y'know, it's not often that the ************* Joker walks down the streets.

It doesn't exactly help Light find his name, though.

Ted Ed said:
Joker 2
Light 0

Is this a stomp?
Yes since Light has no way to do anything against Joker, hell, even if he knew the name "Arthur Fleck" it wouldn't matter since that's not Joker's real name. Arthur just shoots Light until he fokin dies.

This only reason why I wouldn't think of this match up as a stomp is because Light did defeat L without ever knowing his true name.

Listentomyrhytm said:
Ted Ed said:
Joker 2
Light 0

Is this a stomp?
Yes since Light has no way to do anything against Joker, hell, even if he knew the name "Arthur Fleck" it wouldn't matter since that's not Joker's real name. Arthur just shoots Light until he fokin dies.
Nah what ups could do vote or not?

I can't tell without more details because who wins depends on several details.

1.Does light know Joker name? If yes Light wins any secnario other than joker being close to light to kill him withn 40 seconds either resulting in a draw (they both die, light first so this counts as win for joker?) or joker win if he menages to kill Light before he writes his name in note.

2.What universum it happens in and if in Death Note universum at which point during during it's story and does Joker shares universum with that of Death note. It's important because at some point Light gets acess to police database and could acess info on joker from various sources learning his name, leading to Light winning, unless Joker knows Light's location and gets to him before he learns his name through thsi method and wirtes this in.

3.What joker knows about Light? Does he know his location, home adress, his full name (or just searches for Kira or part of his name?), place he goes to school?

I assume they at least know some details about other as they're trying to kill each other so it requires acknowledgment of existance of other. This really comes to an intel they've or potentially can obtain on each other.

MaxCaulfield said:
I can't tell without more details because who wins depends on several details.
1.Does light know Joker name? If yes Light wins any secnario other than joker being close to light to kill him withn 40 seconds either resulting in a draw (they both die, light first so this counts as win for joker?) or joker win if he menages to kill Light before he writes his name in note.

2.What universum it happens in and if in Death Note universum at which point during during it's story and does Joker shares universum with that of Death note. It's important because at some point Light gets acess to police database and could acess info on joker from various sources learning his name, leading to Light winning, unless Joker knows Light's location and gets to him before he learns his name through thsi method and wirtes this in.

3.What joker knows about Light? Does he know his location, home adress, his full name (or just searches for Kira or part of his name?), place he goes to school?

I assume they at least know some details about other as they're trying to kill each other so it requires acknowledgment of existance of other. This really comes to an intel they've or potentially can obtain on each other.
Dude, it states that none know eachother's name and they just... meet and fight.

Listentomyrhytm said:
Dude, it states that none know eachother's name and they just... meet and fight.
Actually, it states "None know the same of the other.", what I've interpretated as they don't know other is trying kill another, altough could be interpreted as also in addition to former that they don't know they're in same city and about weapon another has. It doesn't also state they just meet, it states they're just in the same city and are trying to kill eachother, what isn't the same as meeting.So as far I'm concerned they may be in opposite parts of the city trying to kill eachother.

Listentomyrhytm said:
Ah, but I think "the same" is just a typo, they meant "name".
If your secnario that they just meet each other and fight, while not kowing name is true. Then Joker likely wins (I assume there is kill intent due to weapon of choice on both sides) as Light doesn't know his name so he can't win against gun as he is just regular human and death note is useless, albeit due to being athletic and genius level he could have some chance of winning due utilization of envoriment and overpowering this version of joker.taking his gun or be clever and escape and utilze death note against him (for an example he could ask someone for name and then write it in death note using it so the victim tries to attack joker before they die) distracting him.

If they don't know each other name but are at diffrent locations, then as I said I will need bit more intel about situation as depending on circumstances.

Ted Ed said:
Changing it to Misa would help?
At best very little, Misa is less physicially capable than Light and lacks his intellect, so even with Shinigami eyes in stright combat she would unlikely be able to utilze death note to buy her enough time to read Jokers name and write it quickly enough down before Joker shots her.

^and how will he know that misa is the person he is facing? They dont know each other. Assuming they both have the same amount of clues about each other, I'd say joker would be the first to find misa for being smarter. Misa seems to me a more correct opponent and I would vote for joker

I honestly don't understand how this could be anything other than inconclusive.

If Joker doesn't know Kira's identity, then all he has to go on is the fact that he's hunting for Kira. Not even entire detective agencies and the greatest detective in the world could pull that off, an insane man who can barely step out in public would have no chance.

On the flip side, Arthur Fleck is the only name Joker is known by, and because he was adopted we know that's not his real name. As such, the Death Note wouldn't work on him.

Neither of them have any realistic way of hunting eachother down; the Death Note doesn't have any direct way to kill Arthur Fleck, and there's almost no possible way the Joker could find Kira.

Theoretically, Kira could set up circumstances to use the Death Note to kill someone else and control them into killing Arthur in the process. But that's so situational and risky that it would be astoundingly unlikely.

Definite inconclusive for me.

Beamgc said:
^and how will he know that misa is the person he is facing? They dont know each other. Assuming they both have the same amount of clues about each other, I'd say joker would be the first to find misa for being smarter. Misa seems to me a more correct opponent and I would vote for joker

Smarter by how much, is this question. We haven't seen that much cunning from Arthur.

Beamgc said:
anyone is smarter than this character
Not true. Misa was pretty capable on her own before she actually met Light. Well, she is not as smart as Light, leaving behind evidence the police used against her (lucky, memory loss). But smart enough in creating an uproar that got Light's attention.

You could say Light was actively making Misa docile by playing along with her fantasy.

Beamgc said:
Well given they're trying to kill each other, they at least must acknowledge existance of another to some degree, even if they don't know the name of other or some other information information about each other (assmuing conditions of battle are still the same as in OP). If they don't know who they're facing, then Misa can't kill him either (unless by pure accident) because she won't know joker is the person she is after.

Back