• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SBA, everyone's in their prime.

Both parties have 2 weeks of preparation and prior knowledge of each other. Walt and Jesse start in the superlab. Light and Misa start in the elevator of the superlab. Preparation begins in Albuquerque during Heisenberg's prime. Who wins?

BONUS WINCON for Light and Misa: capture and arrest Heisenberg and Jesse.

Waltuh and Jesse:

"I'm not Kira!" "Light!":

Last edited:
So... what's stopping Walt from getting himself and Jimmy some hazmat suits and then just filling the entire lab with phosphine gas? Or using his explosives? Light is pretty much useless here because he doesn't know their names. L can try to shoot them and call the cops on them but Saul can just get them out because he's the kind of lawyer who can reduce an over 200 years sentence down to only 7 years (canon by the way).
Also, Walt already defeated Light in a previous match.

saul goodman will die at the beginning of the fight, that's for sure. Because he has billboards everywhere. He's very recognizable. Light can just write his name on the note. Other than that Walt can prep some traps thanks to the cartel connetions like claymore or 50 cal machinegun right front of the elevator door. Walter can start shooting right before door opens. And L and Yagami will just get flatlined.
My vote for the Walter.

saul goodman will die at the beginning of the fight, that's for sure. Because he has billboards everywhere. He's very recognizable. Light can just write his name on the note. Other than that Walt can prep some traps thanks to the cartel connetions like claymore or 50 cal machinegun right front of the elevator door. Walter can start shooting right before door opens. And L and Yagami will just get flatlined.
My vote for the Walter.
I forgot that Saul is kind of freaking famous. Other than that, I agree with everything. The only way Walt can lose this is because now that Saul is dead, no one is going to be able to defend him in court.

I forgot that Saul is kind of freaking famous. Other than that, I agree with everything. The only way Walt can lose this is because now that Saul is dead, no one is going to be able to defend him in court.
By the way, I thought of something like this. If Light writes that he committed suicide after killing his accomplice, then Walter and Saul will be dead. But in order to do this, Light needs at least 1 minute of death time+recognition time+writing time. If we consider writing and recognition as 20 seconds, they have a chance. But it is a very long shot. I can give this as a counter argument. But I still think Walter is more advantageous.

By the way, I thought of something like this. If Light writes that he committed suicide after killing his accomplice, then Walter and Saul will be dead. But in order to do this, Light needs at least 1 minute of death time+recognition time+writing time. If we consider writing and recognition as 20 seconds, they have a chance. But it is a very long shot. I can give this as a counter argument. But I still think Walter is more advantageous.
Doesn't the rules of the Death Note states that you can't control someone to kill someone else?

Doesn't the rules of the Death Note states that you can't control someone to kill someone else?
Hmm i guess so
Whether the cause of the individual's death is either suicide or an accident, if it would lead to the death of more than the intended victim, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not impacted.
Then he could use a sign like "after knocking him out from struggle.".
I'm not familiar with the rules, but I think it might be possible.

Hmm i guess so

Then he could use a sign like "after knocking him out from struggle.".
I'm not familiar with the rules, but I think it might be possible.
Also, Walt and Saul have knowledge on the Death Note and the fact that L has connections with the police so they might be able to deal with that in the span of 2 weeks. Hell, if they manage to kill both of them the moment the fight begins then Saul won't even have to die.

Also, Walt and Saul have knowledge on the Death Note and the fact that L has connections with the police so they might be able to deal with that in the span of 2 weeks. Hell, if they manage to kill both of them the moment the fight begins then Saul won't even have to die.
Saul and Walter probably wears some sort of mask and i mentioned above probability also goes off. 2 Edgy teen from japan vs 2 adult with cartel connections, in their homeland. Even though L is technically a cop, I don't think he would use a pistol. Yea Walter FRA no chance with L and Light.

L just calls the cops on him.
Lol. To be fair, I was going to switch things to Jesse and Walt v Misa and Light. The intelligence disparity high to where I thought the prep was good, but the disparity is still there...

If you have suggestions for how the previous match could be fair, be my guess. But things are still SBA. I'll add in an extra bonus wincon for the second match.

And the fact that this thread got attention before my plans. 💀

I would like to point out that Saul Goodman is an alias, not his real name. His real name is Jimmy Mcgill. Light and L would need to extract that info from him. That's comming from guy that doesn't watch breaking bad and reads a bunch of battleboarding stuff.

I've also watched most of the anime so far, and the Death Note doesn't work on aliases.

Last edited:
SBA dictates the opponents aren't allowed to do anything to each other during prep time. Otherwise the John Kramer vs Walt match would've gone differently.
My vote for the Walter.
No outside help per SBA

I mean, the place is a Cartel lab. There's probably a rifle or a pistol somewhere. They can easily get weapons.
Even if they cant 50 cal, The fact remains that they would have been shoot to death as soon as the elevator comes to floor.
Light in-character hasn't used a gun before since it's illegal for him to possess one in Japan in-canon.

Question, is there a way for Light to actually prewrite a name without killing anyone else?

Also, I think I may bring back L. L's more upclose and willing to use a gun. Not sure if he's used one in-canon, but if team Death Note had prior knowledge of the other team and Team Breaking Bad didn't have prior knowledge, would things be more fair?

Light is intelligent in terms of social engineering, acting and planning. He outsmarted L, a guy that could predict his actions frequently with his deduction skills.

L conversely, was close to proving Light was Kira, and he's one of the world's most brilliant detectives willing to do stuff like this to get to his goal.

Walt also outsmarted Gus, a guy who knew Walt. Could they by chance pull a chess move on the spot?

Or should I restrict the tiers to 10-A and lower?

Question, is there a way for Light to actually prewrite a name without killing anyone else?
He can write the cause of death first and then add a name. Writing names results in death.
Light is intelligent in terms of social engineering, acting and planning. He outsmarted L, a guy that could predict his actions frequently with his deduction skills.
These are things that don't work in combat. It can only help him find a name during the prep time. But Jesse and Walter aren't famous. It's just hard to know their names from their looks. Misa can help here, but she needs to see, they have to go into combat first.

I think you should change the place. The elevator door is incredibly easy to defend. You have nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, and it's a tight space. As I remember from the show, the exit of the elevator door was like a corridor.

Another suggestion would be that one of the wincons could reach their true identity within 2 weeks.

How far does the prior knowledge go?
Does Light and Misa know Walt and Jesse's names or do they only know about their reputation and what they're capable of?
Does Walt and Jesse know about the rules of the Death Notes?

How far does the prior knowledge go?
Does Light and Misa know Walt and Jesse's names or do they only know about their reputation and what they're capable of?
Does Walt and Jesse know about the rules of the Death Notes?
The 2 big things here are Walt's gun and the Death Note in-battle.

Initially, I intended for this to be full prior knowledge. But I'll need to take in account for combat first to set the match conditions right.
He can write the cause of death first and then add a name. Writing names results in death.
Actually, I meant to say partially write their names. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Back