• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Italian Devil vs The Azure Striker

@Smashor Hey, the downplay for Diavolo much easier to see.

The Pol thing is PIS as Diavolo did not see it coming all 10 seconds before it.

I would put fighting a whole night and hemo the same level of stamina, since that Doppio fight only lasted for say... 20 minutes maximum? In the meantime, GV is fighting in less hard conditions, but he fights much longer. I personally doubt that the two feats can really be compared to one another, but I don't think Diavolo would last an entire night fighting at full capacity, since as a intended to be human in the francise, he wouldn't. But I won't use that as a point for GV.

@Eficiente

It's not PIS. It's proof that Diavolo dosn't constantly check Epitaph. Because if's difficult to look into your bangs constantly. Even more reason for the Diavolo FRAs being wrong.

@Pixel and Iapus

In order for there to be a FRA, there has to be a vote for the character you're FRAing. So if you want to vote for Diavolo, then actually think of a reason he wins more often then not. Not in one situation, but in a majority.

Yes, but Diavolo has to manually look into his own bangs in order to see the future. If it was passive then Doppio wouldn't need to be reminded Epitaph existed.

Stop the downplay, Smashor. He doesn't need to see into his bangs, and didn't had any when introduced, the way Doppio uses it is way different, and even then he didn't look into them on the last thing he predicted (Bruno punching through him). Your "proof that Diavolo doesn't constantly check Epitaph" also completely ignores how Diavolo thought Pol was weaker due to his age.

The Smashor said:
@Eficiente
It's not PIS. It's proof that Diavolo dosn't constantly check Epitaph. Because if's difficult to look into your bangs constantly. Even more reason for the Diavolo FRAs being wrong.

@Pixel and Iapus

In order for there to be a FRA, there has to be a vote for the character you're FRAing. So if you want to vote for Diavolo, then actually think of a reason he wins more often then not. Not in one situation, but in a majority.
Actually, it only has to be for the reasons. Hence, for reasons above, not for votes above.

Also, honestly, it seems like you are really pushing for Gunvolt, and flat-out denying any votes on the contrary. That's not cool, man.

Problem is, even if Diavolo could see Gunvolt's defensive action, example being Astrasphere, it would still result in him not being able to attack him at all

The reasons were for inconclusive. Make you're own dang reasons. I'm not denying your votes, I'm telling you to make a vote. You can use parts of other people's votes for incon if you want, but one of you needs to start the chain.

Tell me, what proof is there that epitaph is passive? Even the profile itself says Diavolo needs to look in his bangs. Part 5's been animated. You can't wank Diavolo to the same extent, everyone's seen what he can do.

Even the profile itself says Diavolo needs to look in his bangs.

Where?

Huh. I guess it was removed. Still, it's shown that he sees the future in his bangs. What's your proof that it's passive?

It was removed due to a CRT saying the same I said before. I actually don't believe it's passive, which I know some will disagree with me on that, I just wanna to clarify that Diavolo doesn't need to look into his hair to see the future.

He has to manually activate it, though, correct?

Anyways, Gunvolt does have a lot of attacks that could take advantage of Diavolo needing to resume time to attack. His Flashfield alone would disintegrate Diavolo's 10-A durability, and KC probably couldn't one shot him since his durability is above it's AP.

The Smashor said:
The reasons were for inconclusive. Make you're own dang reasons. I'm not denying your votes, I'm telling you to make a vote. You can use parts of other people's votes for incon if you want, but one of you needs to start the chain.
Tell me, what proof is there that epitaph is passive? Even the profile itself says Diavolo needs to look in his bangs. Part 5's been animated. You can't wank Diavolo to the same extent, everyone's seen what he can do.
Sir, stop denying any votes that don't fit within your agenda if they have reasoning attached. You're saying you aren't, but that's literally what you are doing.

Is what I'm asking unreasonable? Your reasons are from someone else's reasons for inconclusive and are also dubious at best (Comparing Diavolo to GV's stamina when they have stamina feats that are impossible to compare)

I also haven't counted the recent vote for Inconclusive, either, until this discussion on stamina is finished since stamina is the main factor of the battle it would seem.

Stamina, you say?

Fighting without any iron in your body, which is literally crucial in order to breathe, which is the only way to take oxygen to the cells in the body in order to replenish stamina at all, all while being a far physically weaker individual than his other form, Diavolo...

Alright, voting Diavolo.

Gunvolt's own stamina is impressive. Diavolo did that feat for all of twenty minates at most and was almost dead until he ate the most iron rich food ever, a Frog. Gunvolt can fight with blood loss for an entire night, the closest thing to fatigue being the trauma from everything bad that happened to him. Normal Humans can not breathe and still fuction for over 24 minates. I can't find a specific similar feat in The Real World to GV's feat, but I'd guess it's happened. The most demanding thing Diavolo did was tie up a kid and run for a few seconds, the former of which was probably mostly King Crimson. Meanwhile Gunvolt can be put through literal iron maidens. The lack of blood is to keep the game's age rating down. It's generous to say that their even in stamina since GV wasn't even remotely tired at the end of it all (Albeit in the finale of both games Gunvolt got ressurected, but he wasn't tired up to that point either)

Not to mention this isn't just a stamina match. If Diavolo tries doughnut GV (Which wouldn't one shot him. His durability is way higher and prevasion exists) and GV uses any of his several nigh-instant omnidirectional abilities then Diavolo is just dead.

Counting the votes anyway.

Also you can't claim I'm biased when two of the people pushing for Diavolo have King Crimson PFPs and several have names based off of JJBA.

Hm... I'm still not quite sure if the feats are comparable. While Doppio's feat is much more impressive than GV's, it didn't seem to last very long right? I guess a way to compare stamina in this scenario would be like giving someone the challenge of "Run 50 miles without any oxygen and without breaks, at top speed consistently"

Diavolo would do a good job at not taking in oxygen, but probably wouldn't be able to complete the challenge because there aren't any breaks allowed to stop running, and Diavolo as a human would probably collapse due to that

GV would do a good job at getting further, since not taking any breaks isn't much of an issue here. But he can't complete the challenge either, since he can't intake oxygen at all, and GV would collapse due to that

So I would say that each of their stamina feats would be somewhat comparable, though Doppio's sounds more impressive, but again, they don't seem to compare to each other like that

Either way, if anyone is going to win, it can honestly be either one because while Doppio's feat seems more impressive, if he doesn't play careful, he could get one shot by GV at the worst case scenario. However, someone gaining victory at ALL seems nearly impossible

GV in this scenario doesn't really need to move much at all, he could just sit in one spot spamming Prevasion, and not moving at all and firing a gun would take considerably less stamina than what Diavolo would be doing, which is making sure to dodge every single blow GV throws at him.

BUT. Assuming I know how Time Skip works, Diavolo can probably phase through GV's attacks too. So essentially, both are going to just sit in place and spam defensive options until one of them gets impatient, which neither of them in character would do at all

But assuming both fight at the top of their game, I can't see it other than being Inconclusive.

(Okay, this is a big stretch, but GV survived the Biochem Plant stage. In that stage, GV states that it was so intensely hot that a normal human being would suffer dehydration in mere moments. I'm not sure if that connects to stamina, so someone comment on that if they can. If it happens to be true, GV's stamina should be on par with Diavolo's, if it isn't already, since the Biochem Plant mission would probably take longer than a singular fight, and speaking of which, Gunvolt had to fight Viper at the end of the mission, plant a bomb, and run out before it exploded)

So this is how the battle would go from what I know:

Dia does the King Crimson donut stuff and tries to donut GV. Prevasion lols it.

Gunvolt tries to shoot Dia or whatever attack he likes. Precognition/Time Skip lols it.

Repeat

We may need Efi, Nuke, and Impaler to come back and revote/vote.

Does the JoJo FRA train even listen to reason?

Your reasons are for Diavolo having better stamina. Gunvolt survived being in conditions that he himself said would make a normal person pass out, for several minates. And normal people in the Gunvolt universe are 8-C.

As a side note, the justification for normal humans being 8-C are from a canon story called "Fleeting Memories" when a normal teenager was able to take out a powerful adept (with a Septima similar to Viper's iirc? who is a main boss for ASGunvolt 1) with a single chop

(Also wasn't Ionl supposed to be Incon?)

The Smashor said:
Does the JoJo FRA train even listen to reason?
Your reasons are for Diavolo having better stamina. Gunvolt survived being in conditions that he himself said would make a normal person pass out, for several minates. And normal people in the Gunvolt universe are 8-C.
There is no correlation between tier and stamina. As well, having so little iron in your blood that your blood turns yellow would kill an average person in little time at all. And that's in a far weaker form.

Far superior to bearing through literal suffocation while bleeding profusely from the neck and body, your blood having turned yellow > Anecdotally saying you survived what would make a normal person pass out.

"Does the JoJo FRA train even listen to reason?" Do you?

More so a normal human surviving an attack from them, though being far away. Frankly 9-A+ might be a bit more accurate since they were far away from the blast

Diavolo definitely has better stamina feats. The man had almost all the iron deprived of his blood to the point it was turning yellow. His body could not absorb oxygen, and he still fought for several minutes

Gunvolt survived several minates of conditions that would make superhumans pass out. Not to mention GV's attack strategy uses much less stamina then Diavolo's. Diavolo walked for a few seconds to fool Abbacio, but otherwise was crawling most of that time. Actual, real world people could accomplish what Diavolo did if they had his resources.

But he doesn't have the stamina advantage. Not to mention Diavolo will constantly be on the move and his abilities probably cost stamina since "Stand Power" and stamina are apparently synonyms, while GV's powers come from separate pools.

Who would use less stamina? A boxer with an ability that lets them dodge bullets at the cost of stamina or a guy with a pistol and a tazer who doesn't need to worry about the boxer actually hitting them?

Regrettably, grace has begun.

Well, since he isn't going to be hit by GV anytime soon, and King Crimson doesn't fatigue him, he will obviously be able to fight for a long period of time. Comparing their stamina feats, Diavolo's is better.

Losing large amounts of blood is fine and dandy, you still have some blood left. But getting all the iron in your blood removed means that your blood may as well not exist.

GV was able to fight constantly in situations that would make superhumans pass out

Diavolo tied up a literal child, doughnuted one person then had to crawl to even move in a situation that would make normal humans pass out

WHAT STAMINA FEAT IS BETTER I WONDER?!

Not to mention Gunvolt's combat strategy still is much less taxing on Stamina weather or not KC uses stamina.

Back