• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Italian Devil vs The Azure Striker

He can recharge his powers and he's directly aknowledged in-universe that he's basically invincible is he just keeps recharing. He can basically only be hit while attacking with flashfield, which is also somewhat dangerous for Diavolo since that does damage. It's range probably isn't so much that King Crimson can't hit GV, though.

I agree. I feel like the recharging ability needs to be highlighted more so people understand that GV can well indeed spam Prevasion. If GV does happen to get hit though, it isn't a one shot, so he can heal up from that. Astrasphere can be extremely useful since it's identical to Polnareffu's spin attack that counter Diavolo's close range time skip, but since Diavolo is much weaker than his stand, it's gonna deal a lot of damage. GV got this

Right, but isn't Kingu Crimson an extremely close range Stando? GV would have more range with Astrasphere than Diavolo does with King Crimson's.

Plus GV has this massive range advantage to put on the pressure. Even if Diavolo can predict the future, he's always going to be on the defensive, and if he manages to go on the offensive, Astrasphere will be there to defend GV from King Crimson's attacks, in which Diavolo has no choice but to retreat in order to not get hurt. On the off chance GV does get hit, not only will Prevasion come into play, which GV technically has infinite of, GV can still heal off damage. GV also has Septimal Shield to half/tank damage and on the off chance his EP does run out for Prevasion, Split Second to completely recover it from the Overheat state

Best Diavolo can do is manage a Inconclusive, despite being in a disadvantagous state the whole battle

Seems like an inconclusive for me. GV cant harm Diavolo because of precog and time erase, but Diavolo cant harm GV if he can use Prevasion and Astrasphere forever.

So yeah, Incon

In my opinion, it would be a battle of stamina.Gunvolt pratically fought from sunset to sunrise with minimal breaks (Really just going back to his apartment, talking to Joule, then going back to fighting). Meanwhile Diavolo's best stamina feat is loosing enough iron to kill most people. I think GV has the edge in that department.

Gunvolt fought for an entire night on two seperate occasions. In second of which, he can literally be put in Iron Maidens and keep going with just a little bit of damage (I.E. has was actually affected and didn't prevade). GV is probably not visually loosing blood to keep the game's age rating down. It's even directly stated at one point that he's bleeding everywhere even though we don't see a drop.

That Stamina thing is a pretty convincing argument... But for now I will go inconclusive, since either can touch each other. As I said, GV has more advantages and Diavolo would mostly be in disadvantage, but not enough to really take a win

Oh, this may be a stretch, but GV MAY be able to hurt a Stand. He was able to attack Lumen in the Nova 1 fight, for arguments sake, we'll say that he can't hurt KC until that's decided upon. I'll talk about it in the GV CRT thread

I see

Diavolo can't exactly one shot GV either, so epic Prevasion/Shield/Heal is epic. This debate isn't exactly going anywhere if neither can actually touch each other

Diavolo, as Doppio, was fighting pretty much without ANY oxygen and with huge amounts of pain against Risotto for a pretty long period of time. Heck, he had so low haemoglobin, his blood became yellow. Even in this condition, he was not only moving around, he was also able to devise a strategy to defeat Risotto. Not only would a normal person have kicked the bucket long before blood turns yellow, the minimal oxygen intake would also have prevented any intelligent thought. And Diavolo > Doppio in all stats.

This seems a way more impressive feat than fighting for a night.

Gunvolt likely had blood loss as well. There was a point where a character looked at GV and said there was "Blood Everywhere" despite the actual sprite having no blood on it.

Dealing whith blood loss for extended battles (In one stage GV can literally be put through and damaged by iron maidens, not prevading them). Several times. With only an untrained middle schooler to tend to your wounds between fights.

it doesn't exactly give much of an edge though. If Diavolo makes a mistake, he can get hit by something deadly and kinda just die, since hes always going to be on the move, considering he is probably in and disadvantagous position most of the time. I'm pretty sure that these edges would cancel out into an Incon anyways

On a side note, Voltaic Chains can hit everywhere, but given that while they hit everywhere, there are still some safe spots in which Diavolo can probably Precog and get to

I realize that there was another thread about this exact same matchup, should we compile the votes from there to here since they have nearly the same reasonings?

Ah, this just came to me but, wouldn't Diavolo have to kill GV twice?

Anthem would revive him and give him an infinite Prevasion without the need to Recharge his EP as well, meaning none of the attacke Diavolo dishes out will ever work?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Diavolo, as Doppio, was fighting pretty much without ANY oxygen and with huge amounts of pain against Risotto for a pretty long period of time. Heck, he had so low haemoglobin, his blood became yellow. Even in this condition, he was not only moving around, he was also able to devise a strategy to defeat Risotto. Not only would a normal person have kicked the bucket long before blood turns yellow, the minimal oxygen intake would also have prevented any intelligent thought. And Diavolo > Doppio in all stats.
This seems a way more impressive feat than fighting for a night.
Diavolo FRA.

You understand that if Gunvolt is able to pull a Polnareff (I.E. hitting Diavolo at all just after time resumes) it's not like SC where the damage is just a cut. Electricity would frow through his entire body and kill him.

Back