• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter tries to hunt a dragon

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
The Hunter: 1

Dragoniak:1

Speed equal

7-C Hunter

The Hunter has Evelin, Chikage and Bloodletter for weapons.

Takes place in the snakes den (the dragons pocket dimension), to where the hunter cannot get back if he were to end up outside of it (Yes, this is because of regen)

Drag

HunterRender

It has a charging time (10 seconds more or less), where he can't dodge (He has his balls distract the enemy with danmaku), aftetr which the enemy becomes a lot heavier (class K needed to move heavier.)

Depending on the starting distance, the Hunter may be able to get to the dragon before he uses gravity manip, then he mindscrews, but he's limited to only 3 weapons, and Dragoniak has teleportation, Dragoniak may have a chance of winning this if he plays his cards right.

Well, it is smart, though it has no way to know about mindhax. Regardless, it always starts with the danmaku that you see in his gallery, and it is a ranged fighter.

So I guess its whenever or not the Hunter can get close enough.

Youre not allowed to limit a character's powers like what is listed in the OP. The Hunter is able to return to pocket dimensions with his ress so why he wouldnt be able to here i dont understand.

WeeklyBattles said:
Youre not allowed to limit a character's powers like what is listed in the OP. The Hunter is able to return to pocket dimensions with his ress so why he wouldnt be able to here i dont understand.
He wouldn't be able because he would have to find the pocket dimension in korea, fight his way through what amounts to thousands of warriors stronger than him, force his way into a pocket dimension owned by this guy, and only then would he be able to reenter the pocket dimension.

He wouldnt be time rewound that far back, he can ress directly inside the pocket dimension

This is also assuming the Hunter gets killed when his whole skillset is designed to fight monsters by dodging their attacks and abusing the hell out of them leaving themselves open to use stronger attacks

No. the showings of time rewind directly put him quiet a bit back, and this fight isn't lasting more than a few minutes.

Yes. If I believed that he is bound to die and get self bfr'ed this would be a spite.

They really dont, all showings put him a few minutes walk away from the fight at the very most, and he regularly ressurects inside pocket dimensions. Even if he was put far away he has the speed to return to where he was and he retains his memories so he'd know how to get back as he found the pocket dimension in the first place and he has a full week to return there.

The very first time they died they were put back enough for them to take a walk, talk a little bit and go murdering all the monsters.

Even without that, pretty sure he still goes back to the lamps

How would he know where to find it in korea,. and how would he get past the defenses? Hell, how would he traverse through the sea?

Yes he does, lamps are inside pocket dimensions my dude. They have to be as per SBA otherwise this wouldnt be a fair match like ive been saying.

Because he retains all of his memories from before he died so he would know where it is as he would have had to find it in the first place.

No...

SBA doesn't give enviremental powers, much like how every character who is stronger at a certain place doesn't just gain that.

Because... he would know where it was exactly in all of korea, and he would also get past thousands of people on his tier. Yeah.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, SBA cannot be ignored.
The entire verse equalization section.
The following are the assumptions to be made for battles in versus threads, if no alternative assumptions are specified by the thread creator. Assumptions alternative to these ones can be freely used, are equally legitimate, and threads using different assumptions can be added to profiles just like these ones can. Generally, it is preferable that the thread creator specify the assumptions he wants to use in the thread and adjust them in such a way that as fair a fight as possible can take place.

Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen. For example, characters from other verses will be assumed to be capable of perceiving spiritual creatures such as Shinigamis from Bleach.

Which part of this teleports an object that only exists in specific locations to the fighting are again?

The part where is says that supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion so that the opponents can use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

The Hunter can respawn inside pocket realities and does s multiple times in the game, there is no reason to assume he would not be able to here as well. Look through any VS thread with the Hunter in it, They all requires a lamp to be near the battlefield to make the fight fair.

The part where is says that supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion so that the opponents can use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happe

What does the lamp equalize too? There is nothing of the sort within the gamer verse, so reasonably similiar is not a thing.

The Hunter can respawn inside pocket realities and does s multiple times in the game, there is no reason to assume he would not be able to here as well. Look through any VS thread with the Hunter in it, They all requires a lamp to be near the battlefield to make the fight fair.

He needs to be close to them, he can't do it from nowhere, plus again, he would have to go in another pocket dimnsion and defeat people like Han Jee-Ha, Kwon Shi-Yu, and anothre good thousand of fighters.

And are you saying its not fair? Why, is the hunter getting stomped?

The lamp equalizes to existing inside the pocket reality.

The lamp would be inside Dragoniak's reality, he wouldnt need to do it from nowhere nor would he need to do all of that stuff, plus im fairly certain making the Hunter fight all those people just to refight Dragoniak in and of itself is an unfair advantage to Dragoniak.

Because youre taking a critical part of the Hunter's abilities and making it so he cant use it.

The lamp equalizes to existing inside the pocket reality

qoute me directly the part of verse equal that claims that it teleports object to somwhere where they don't exist.

And also the part that says that I can't ignore that and say that they do not, in fact, get teleported.

Because youre taking a critical part of the Hunter's abilities and making it so he cant use it.

He can use it, it's just that it has the repercussion that he would need to get back to it, which is an actually annoying thing in-game as well.

Plus, even then, he would need to get through an immense amount of mobs to get to the dragon.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Depending on the starting distance, the Hunter may be able to get to the dragon before he uses gravity manip, then he mindscrews, but he's limited to only 3 weapons, and Dragoniak has teleportation, Dragoniak may have a chance of winning this if he plays his cards right.

Assuming we are limiting Hunter in such a way, that... actually sort of helps them. It makes it much more likely to open with insta-mind-****.

So my vote goes for Hunter with high difficulty.

I too disagree with restricting the Hunter in such a way, but still

He can use the ability mind you, it just carries the weakness as well.

And don't try to say that being forced to go through the city all over again, searching for your blood, isn't a weakness.

Well it isn't, that's just how the game goes, but I'm just gonna not argue a moot point.

the comics I disagree with being canon but hey what do I know

I mean... If that gets removed I can remove the restriction.

Or if you really want it removed I can simply hive both knowlege, so that the dragon knows that it should incap instead.

aiming to specifically disable one character is not something I believe is very good but whatever

That requires a CRT and frankly I'm just not willing to go down that dark path again. CRT-ing against dedicated fans with their own ideas is never once shown to get anything done.

Back