• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero Hunter VS The Pirate Hunter (12/9/0)

Zoro FRA, no clue why Garou's side is bringing up Instinctive Reaction whenever Zoro has feats of bypassing much more impressive IR since East Blue.
Could you summarize the arguments for Zoro again? I only remember bits and pieces as the flames started to singe some of them out of my mind.

Could you summarize the arguments for Zoro again?
Comparable if not superior Analytical Prediction, Zoro has two layers of Analytical Prediction and has experience in dealing with others with Analytical prediction. Better Acrobatics, being able to hard counter Garou's IR, Goken countering Garou's Attack Reflection due to it cutting only what Zoro wants, Comparable if not better stamina and endurance, etc.
I only remember bits and pieces as the flames started to singe some of them out of my mind.
Yeah some of these arguments are dumb lol.

Comparable if not superior Analytical Prediction, Zoro has two layers of Analytical Prediction and has experience in dealing with others with Analytical prediction. Better Acrobatics, being able to hard counter Garou's IR, Goken countering Garou's Attack Reflection due to it cutting only what Zoro wants, Comparable if not better stamina and endurance, etc.

Yeah some of these arguments are dumb lol.
Hold on, this is giving me a flashback to a previous Zoro VS Garou thread.

Yeah, Zoro FRA.

Also when did Garou ever reflect the attack back at the attacker? And with swords nonetheless, I know he's deflected them but when did he ever send a sword slash back at the opponent?

That's for unarmed blows, iirc he doesn't have feats of doing the same with swords.
0089-035.png
0089-036.png

At the very least based off the scan you sent I don't think that's attack reflection, I've seen the same thing said in Hajime no Ippo about Counters (Which is literally the same movement shown in that scan):
s5NxFNU.png

Is there any other showings of him actually reflecting an opponent's attack back at them with two times the strength?

At the very least based off the scan you sent I don't think that's attack reflection, I've seen the same thing said in Hajime no Ippo about Counters (Which is literally the same movement shown in that scan):
s5NxFNU.png

Is there any other showings of him actually reflecting an opponent's attack back at them with two times the strength?
Unrelated, but I love Hajime No Ippo so much. I finished the manga last week. 9/10 for sure.

s5NxFNU.png

The idea is to reflect the damage of the attack, as here. It is a different context

He isn't reflecting the attack back at the attacker however, Akame from AgK and Sanji are capable of the same thing but we don't give them attack reflection for that exact reason.
It is said that it can redirect the force of the attack and we are always shown Garou doing this against his opponents, like here and here, is even said to be able to reflect the damage. I don't know why that wouldn't be attack reflection. And I don't even know why this is being related to Ippo, is a completely different context

Redirection alone doesn't isn't apply for attack reflection.

This works though, I'm assuming he redirected metal bat's own blows back at him and didn't just hit him with his own attack there
I don't know why that wouldn't be attack reflection. And I don't even know why this is being related to Ippo
The scan you sent is literally Garou using a counter punch, which in Ippo uses the same returning the strength back two-fold statement, I'm asking if we ever get shown him doing attack reflecting Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist with a two-fold statement or implication.

The example there is used as a punch, not a blade.
Yeah and this inherently isn't Attack Reflection as most of the time they aren't reflecting attacks back at the opponent.
and we are always shown Garou doing this against his opponents, like here and here, is even said to be able to reflect the damage.
Out of the scans you posted all of them are attack reflection of blunt force based attacks, he never sent the attack back at Royal Ripper all he did was change the trajectory of Royal Ripper's attack to hit the other guy. That's already something Zoro can do via Mutoryu.
I don't know why that wouldn't be attack reflection. And I don't even know why this is being related to Ippo, is a completely different context
You'd need to prove Garou can send then back at the attacker, namely a sword based attack.

Hey guys so I'm caught up in some stuff irl. I'm might not be able to update the votes till tomorrow. So if you guys want to ask a mod or count the votes some other way please do.

Back