• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Sisyphean Quest to Downgrade God of War ⌈Part 10⌋

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got six more in my sandbox, another two being worked on, likely a few more after another round of research, and however many threads the magic system/cosmology downgrades will take.

TLDR: like 20 or so lol
All due respect, just merge them and make everyone happy.

A few big ones beats 10 small ones. Makes it quicker and less draining.

All due respect, just merge them and make everyone happy.

A few big ones beats 10 small ones. Makes it quicker and less draining.
I don't think you realize that I tried that and it went horribly. I'm doing it this way because it's a lot faster, people are more willing to evaluate smaller threads, and we're less likely to be stuck at an impasse for several months.

What is “passive underground mobility”?
051.png

Resistance to Runic Magic [Mimir][/B]

As pointed out by @DaReaperMan below, Mimir currently has resistance to most Nordic varieties of magic by scaling to Kratos. However, Kratos does not have an accepted resistance to those forms of magic, so Mimir is scaling to literally nothing. Get rid of it.
Bifröst, he resists Bifröst. Don't say he resists no forms of magic I reiterated that he resists Bifröst repeatedly

Bifröst, he resists Bifröst. Don't say he resists no forms of magic I reiterated that he resists Bifröst repeatedly
Right, from Huldra Project #9, I realized I overlooked that when I went back to look at his profile like 2 minutes ago. I'll rewrite the justification to say it hurts him, but he isn't actively damaged by it or afflicted with any of Bifrost's other negative effects.

By the way, it would seem Mimir's resistance to magic had no CRT attached and was merely one of several abilities on GoW pages that were applied without staff evaluation. So uh, I'm willing to keep resistance to Bifrost but that shit never should've been there in the first place.

By the way, it would seem Mimir's resistance to magic had no CRT attached and was merely one of several abilities on GoW pages that were applied without staff evaluation. So uh, I'm willing to keep resistance to Bifrost but that shit never should've been there in the first place.
It was added during Mimir's "ADD HIM TO KRATOS' PROFILE" crt.

Which by the way he's still not on Kratos' profile

It was added during Mimir's "ADD HIM TO KRATOS' PROFILE" crt.

Which by the way he's still not on Kratos' profile
This is uh... not great, if I'm being honest? Nobody ever evaluated that, KLOL just added it at the very end after staff had already spoken their mind. So that part definitely shouldn't have made it onto the profile. How the hell do you add the part that was never evaluated or accepted while completely ignoring the part that was accepted?

EDIT: By the way, I'm perfectly fine with adding Mimir to Kratos' standard equipment. Hell, someone could apply the changes now since that thread was already accepted (except KLOL's addition, anyways).

This is uh... not great, if I'm being honest? Nobody ever evaluated that, KLOL just added it at the very end after staff had already spoken their mind. So that part definitely shouldn't have made it onto the profile. How the hell do you add the part that was never evaluated or accepted while completely ignoring the part that was accepted?

EDIT: By the way, I'm perfectly fine with adding Mimir to Kratos' standard equipment. Hell, someone could apply the changes now since that thread was already accepted (except KLOL's addition, anyways).
Yeah the only reason I'm not doing it myself is because me messing with complex sections like that is a recipe to have a Deathwing situation(IE I get tired of trying to fix it and just troubleshoot with a Content Mod about it)

Don't ping me for GOW threads please, as I'm not interested in trying to indulge with it's controversy

I'll say, I disagree with not giving Mimir resistance to soul fuckery until you have in of itself removed that from basically every Norse page that is a boss fight against Kratos(Sans Thor, obviously)

Mimir resists it cause his soul is intact after getting hit with it, and, as stated previously, Freya can't bring back souls, otherwise Brok would apsolutely still be alive.

Animal Manipulation [Hades]

Hades can command beasts like Cerberus, except that’s not even what happens in the attached scan. Cerberus is just kinda there, and attacks Kratos. Guard dogs are a real thing from real life, we don’t use special animal manipulating hax to get dogs to do things.
This is fairly obvious. Simply having a guard dog isn't "animal control." Agreed.

Shapeshifting [Hades]

This is why Hades currently has shapeshifting:
This is pretty blatantly not any form of shapeshifting. Saying he disappeared in a "sooty tornado" isn't saying he literally transformed into a whirlwind of ash and smoke, just like saying someone "disappeared into thin air" doesn't mean they literally shed their physical body to become as insubstantial and invisible as oxygen. Idc if he has it anyways by virtue of being a Greek god. I just want this shit off his profile.
Yeah teleporting is not shapeshifting, even if it leaves behind some kind of "teleportation residue" that doesn't mean the character is shapeshifting.

Corruption [Hades]

The source is this scan, which mentions some force at play gradually corrupting Olympus. The scan is cropped a tad bit, so here's the full thing. If that's still not enough context, here are some more scans from the same source. While that's a lot of words, all these scans come to the same conclusion; The Great Evils, after being released from Pandora's Box, infested the gods and played with their emotions to make them crueler and more aggressive. Much of their overconfidence and general dickishness following the events of GoW 1 can be traced back to this "corruption". Thus, the blackness in the air that "corrupts everything" is not in reference to Hades (he is never even so much as implied to be its source), but is referring to the altered emotional states of the gods that consumed the halls of Olympus and made it a generally shitty place to be (hence the blackness in the air and the "corruption"). Not only is Hades irrelevant here, but the corruption in question isn't even literal in the first place.

I would like to say that this is a simple misunderstanding, but that'd be giving GoW supporters too much credit; They're already using this scan as a justification for the Great Evils and how they influence those around them, so they know damn well this has nothing to do with Hades "corrupting" Olympus. This would also require removing part of Kratos' resistance to corruption justification.
Also exceedingly straightforward. The Great Evils are not Hades, and if nothing connects Hades to the blackness in the air this is not a sufficient justification.

Passive Literally Every Single Ability [Hades]

Currently, Hades’ page assumes his soul absorption - as well as every other ability he has access to - is passive. This is because of this scene, and this image from the art book. First half of this debunk is pretty easy; Taken at face value, this is just soul absorption, and none of Hades’ other abilities are used passively here. There is no reason to assume stuff like, say, life absorption, BFR, or underground mobility are being used passively here.

The first part is also easy, because there’s not really an indication his soul absorption is passive in the first place? Sure, it’s not made explicitly clear that Hades activated some sort of special ability here, but during the first half of the fight, he isn’t absorbing any souls. When he tries to take Kratos’ soul, it’s not done passively, but by Hades having to really struggle to try and rip it out, a thing which we see happen again during the war with the Titans. If this ability is passive, then all the Titans should’ve just died on the spot, and Kratos should’ve been fighting back against Hades’ attempts to rip out his soul during the entire fight, not just those initial few seconds.
Again, very very straightforward. Agreed.

Resistance to Power Nullification, Life Absorption, & Magic Absorption [Hades]

This stems from how Hades can survive the souls of the river Styx attacking him and entering his body. One problem, though. Hades quite literally commands the souls of the dead; They couldn't attack him even if they tried (Hades' soul is like bug repellent for souls once Kratos gets a hold of it; they don't even bother approaching him), and they only do the whole absorption thing when attacking people. To make matters worse, this same scan is already being used as a justification for "passive" soul absorption, so the implication is that he's absorbing them rather than enduring some adverse effect they're trying to inflict upon him. The final nail in the coffin is that, once Hades loses his control over these souls, they have no problem overpowering him and killing him for good. He straight up does not resist their abilities; He merely has the means to prevent these souls from ever harming him in the first place (until Kratos rips his soul out, anyways).
Very straightforward, yet again. Agreed.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation & Poison Manipulation [Mimir]
THE AXE LITERALLY KILLED HIM WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Resistance to Runic Magic [Mimir]

As pointed out by @DaReaperMan below, Mimir currently has resistance to most Nordic varieties of magic by scaling to Kratos. However, Kratos does not have an accepted resistance to those forms of magic, so Mimir is scaling to literally nothing. Get rid of it.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back