• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Sisyphean Quest to Downgrade God of War ⌈Part 9⌋

Well, this is an unexpected sight. It's good to see you here regardless, though, and thank you for providing the scan I asked about. I forgot this scene involves Poseidon letting out a mighty roar, which is pretty important since the magic explanation page considers this a feat of sound manipulation for Poseidon and the other gods. That has a number of issues attached, though; If this is sound manipulation, why would it also be earth manipulation? If this feat only happened because Poseidon is a god of earthquakes, why would other gods (who are not gods of earthquakes) scale to it?
I'm sorry, I should have let you know before I jumped in! These discussions look like a ton of fun, and I just got too excited watching them happen. It's great to see you too, and I'm happy to be here discussing things with all of you.

I'm admittedly a little confused by that page for two reasons. Firstly, because the page states (for Sound Manipulation) that "The Gods have incredibly powerful voices that can collectively shake the entirety of the mortal universe.[37]" The first problem is one that's at least explainable, as it seems like they're taking the term "world" to mean what the God of War Explanation Page claims it means:

Lead Animation Director Bruno Velazquez reaffirms this further, stating that the Primordials created the Greek World and that Atlas is the one lifting it up, and when asked again whether the term "world" in this context is merely referring to Greece or the entire universe of the Greek Mythology, Bruno pretty much states that it's the latter.[6] By "world" here Bruno explicitly refers to the entire Pantheon itself, not just the Mortal World, even stating verbatim that everything related to the Greek World explicitly falls under the entire Greek Pantheon and its creation stories.

If we take this to be the case, then Poseidon explicitly shaking "all the world" (and ruling over "two-thirds of all that is," according to Athena) would pretty much be far larger in scope than Earth manipulation, and could potentially include hyper-timelines and 5-D spaces, if I am reading this correctly. I acknowledge that I might not be, so anybody who disagrees, please feel free to let me know, I might be making a mistake here:

The Greek World is a greater timeline that embeds 4-dimensional space-time continuums i.e. the realms created by the Primordials and indeed the Primordials themselves as objects within its overarching past present and future, in other words, a hyper-timeline. It is one of many other timelines created by the Sisters of Fate and Kratos as they changed the past of the Greek World to create new futures and each and every one would be Low Complex Multiverse level in size and scale. There are currently 6 confirmed alternate hyper-timelines of the Greek World.

The second problem is a little less explainable based solely on what's provided, the scan that's used as evidence to support this claim. It doesn't contain any shaking at all, universal, multiversal, hyper timelines, or otherwise, from the one spoken line it contains from Athena ("O mighty Lord of the Deep, the Goddess of War would speak with you," she said. "Heed my father's request, and hear my word.), who is not a collective. (I think the claim that they can "collectively shake..." is meant to scale them to it?) I believe the intent might have been to use the information later in the chapter, which I posted earlier in this thread.

This goes far beyond the scope of the question asked (can Poseidon be considered to be an Earth Manipulator?), and I apologize for that! To sum everything up, I don't think we can rely on the Magic Explanation Page for this one. It seems like it may potentially contain problems of its own.

This scan doesn't refer to him as that. Why did you link it?
Because it’s used for that on the page
Well, this is an unexpected sight. It's good to see you here regardless, though, and thank you for providing the scan I asked about. I forgot this scene involves Poseidon letting out a mighty roar, which is pretty important since the magic explanation page considers this a feat of sound manipulation for Poseidon and the other gods. That has a number of issues attached, though; If this is sound manipulation, why would it also be earth manipulation? If this feat only happened because Poseidon is a god of earthquakes, why would other gods (who are not gods of earthquakes) scale to it?
Tbf him raising a fist is also mentioned but I can see why you’d doubt it

I'm sorry, I should have let you know before I jumped in! These discussions look like a ton of fun, and I just got too excited watching them happen. It's great to see you too, and I'm happy to be here discussing things with all of you.

I'm admittedly a little confused by that page for two reasons. Firstly, because the page states (for Sound Manipulation) that "The Gods have incredibly powerful voices that can collectively shake the entirety of the mortal universe.[37]" The first problem is one that's at least explainable, as it seems like they're taking the term "world" to mean what the God of War Explanation Page claims it means:

If we take this to be the case, then Poseidon explicitly shaking "all the world" (and ruling over "two-thirds of all that is," according to Athena) would pretty much be far larger in scope than Earth manipulation, and could potentially include hyper-timelines and 5-D spaces, if I am reading this correctly. I acknowledge that I might not be, so anybody who disagrees, please feel free to let me know, I might be making a mistake here:

The second problem is a little less explainable based solely on what's provided, the scan that's used as evidence to support this claim. It doesn't contain any shaking at all, universal, multiversal, hyper timelines, or otherwise, from the one spoken line it contains from Athena ("O mighty Lord of the Deep, the Goddess of War would speak with you," she said. "Heed my father's request, and hear my word.), who is not a collective. (I think the claim that they can "collectively shake..." is meant to scale them to it?) I believe the intent might have been to use the information later in the chapter, which I posted earlier in this thread.

This goes far beyond the scope of the question asked (can Poseidon be considered to be an Earth Manipulator?), and I apologize for that! To sum everything up, I don't think we can rely on the Magic Explanation Page for this one. It seems like it may potentially contain problems of its own.
No worries, and welcome to VSBW!

You're right that Poseidon shaking the world shouldn't be taken to mean he's shaking the entire Greek macrocosm. It also certainly wouldn't be earth manipulation at that point, either. I think the justification might have also used the wrong scan by mistake; The one you quoted, as you mentioned, doesn't make any mention of shaking at all, while we do have at least one scan of Poseidon shaking the world on hand.

Back