• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Frontier - IC

Dimension D Mysteriously, your characters all find themselves in an odd dimension. A dimension of magic, the supernatural, fairy tales and myth. Some of you may originate from here, but in the Four categorized realms, known simply as The Four Realms, it has come to be accepted that things have changed recently. In the Four Realms, things have indeed changed significantly.

However, a dark, evil and horrifying threat is imminent. It threatens to destroy the new found happiness and prosperity of the people in this world.

A flash of lightning thunders on the mountain. In the high mountain , you find yourselves appearing in a large circle, where there appears to be a robed figure waiting for you. This man appears old, as a man would be in his eighties. "The Strangers have arrived. Be you friend or foe?"

The Great Frontier - Meta Thread

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3415679

I look at the old man and then take a deep breath.

"Do not be afraid child, I am neither a friend nor an enemy ... I am what I am and that's enough" I say in a calm tone as my long dress sways slightly in the wind.

"For now, I am neither, first I would like to know where I am." Nicholas says, looking around and slightly confused.

"You may need to be friend, in this case, so you better change your mind very quickly, dragon." The old man stated. "The Dark Lord threatens to return, and plunge The Four Realms into Darkness forever."

I get up slightly from the ground, crossing my legs.

"Nothing has ever changed and I never did anything to change it, as I didn't think of myself as the needle of the balance ... but if events brought me here to change, then I'll have to be the balance's needle"

"Old man, were you you the one that brought me here? While I admit bringing me somewhere without my consent is a praise worthy achievement, it is not something that people walk away from."

Everything12 said:
"Old man, were you you the one that brought me here? While I admit bringing me somewhere without my consent is praise worthy, it is not something that people walk away from."
I thought you all came here of your own free will. That's what the Prophecy says.

"I see, well it seems that you can continue your life a little longer. Still tell me of this prophecy, it may lead me to know of who I need to punish for this."

"Hmm, wut?" Having been dead asleep when he was brought in, Gwanjira roused from his slumber as he sat upright. "Am I still dreaming or something?"

Everything12 said:
"I see, well it seems that you can continue your life a little longer. Still tell me of this prophecy, it made lead me to know of who I need to punish for this."
"The Dark Lord Arliman threatens to awaken from his slumber. Should Arliman awaken, he will, according to prophecy, end the world. Either through destroying it, or worse, ruling it."

"You must find the body, and destroy it."

"In order to destroy Arliman's body, you must be very strong. Currently, none of you are as powerful as I am, and I am not great enough in magic to do so."

"First, you must grow in might and power to destroy his body." "His body lies in the great Necropolis to the Forbidden East."

"Mmm ... the Great Necropolis to the Forbidden East ... maybe I can find it" I exclaim, then use my perception to trace and see the place from here.

"...Yeah okay, I'm still dreaming," Gwanjira decided as he watched everyone talking, before he flopped back asleep.

"That is indeed what this prophecy states. That you would be as gods in embryo." "None of us know how exactly you do it."

"While I contest you being stronger then me, and I struggle to think of myself becoming stronger than now, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth."

"Magic, prophecies, evil rulers, this world is quite different from mine." Nicholas comments.

"So do you know what we are meant to do now, or do we merely have to wander around hoping to get stronger?"

"There are various locations throughout the world that the Prophecy said you would sojourn in." "There is, of course the last location of the Forbidden East, with it's Great Necropolis, but there are others. There is a Kingdom called Ji to the East, the forests of the Western Reach, and the Dragon Spine mountains to the North." "We are in the North right now."

"I see, point the way to these Dragon Spine mountains and I will be on my way. Though if this is a willd goose chase then I warn you I won't be very happy on my next visit."

Handing the group a map of the world, the Old Man, named Sage Terrah grins. "I"m glad that our neighbors have accepted this task."

"Oh, I guess you people are coming to, well fine I'm new to this place so having a few human shields is probably wise. Just don't get in my way if you wish to survive"

The map shows a city at the base of one of the mountains. At another location, there is an abandoned city, filled with monsters.

Nicholas stares at Alexander for a brief moment.

"I believe I recognize that man." he would think to himself.

"Carry us then."

"We should go to the city first. Once we have a proper lodging we begin training. Maybe we can earn some money by hunting some of those monsters."

Back