• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Gravemind(Halo)'s tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its tier is listed as unknown. But from what I recall, the Halo wiki states that it is 84.8 meter or 278 feet tall. So if I am not mistaken that would make it 8-B by virtue of size.or at least Large Building Level+ by size. Speed and stamina are still unknowns. A being of this size would likely have Class 100 or Low Class K lifting strength?

Kong(Legendary) /Received a High 8-C rating from his size alone. And being above the size qualifications for High 8-C. I think the Gravemind as presented in Halo 2 should be 8-B

Thoughts?

FanofRPGs said:
Shouldn't they be higher? Like how poweful are Graveminds compared to Keyminds?
Good question. I am a little rusty on the deeper lore of The Gravemind. I am suggesting this tier for the gravemind as presented in Halo 2. Keyminds are spread out over an entire planet.

VersusJunkie54 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Shouldn't they be higher? Like how poweful are Graveminds compared to Keyminds?
Good question. I am a little rusty on the deeper lore of The Gravemind. I am suggesting this tier for the gravemind as presented in Halo 2. Keyminds are spread out over an entire planet.

Doesn't he still have influence over the entire library region, which would be ~6-B?

FanofRPGs said:
Doesn't he still have influence over the entire library region, which would be ~6-B?
Wouldn't that be enviormental destruction?

Anyways I've called another user knowledgeable on Halo to help out here.

I'm not too knowledgable about the in depth lore about the Flood, but I don't think Gravemind should scale to the Ancient Key Mind floods. However, Gravemind is said to be capable of erasing all life on a planet over time, which various Country level characters are capable of doing so. So 6-B might be plausible.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm not too knowledgable about the in depth lore about the Flood, but I don't think Gravemind should scale to the Ancient Key Mind floods. However, Gravemind is said to be capable of erasing all life on a planet over time, which various Country level characters are capable of doing so. So 6-B might be plausible.
I see. That seems reasonable to me. But would that be Enviormental destruction or direct AP?

VersusJunkie54 said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
I see. That seems reasonable to me. But would that be Enviormental destruction or direct AP?

physically 8-B, 6-B via environmental destruction. 6-B range, 6-B durability overall

FanofRPGs said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
physically 8-B, 6-B via environmental destruction. 6-B range, 6-B durability overall
That sounds good to me. Do we need to get any other admins to agree to this change?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
You could message Soldier Blue about it.
I cant find any list of staff members anywhere. Anyone else other than him that can look at this? FanoFRPG's seems to agree to. this. Witch I second.

"physically 8-B, 6-B via environmental destruction. 6-B range, 6-B durability overall"

A composite list of all VS Battles Wiki staff can be found here. A Content Moderator or Administrator has the power to unlock and edit profiles that are otherwise inaccessible.

Edit: Also since you wanted Soldier, here he is.

That, and you easily type User:Username in the search to find who you're looking for.

Anyway, Fan's proposals seem reasonable, but it would say Thousands of Kilometers for range.

Assaltwaffle said:
A composite list of all VS Battles Wiki staff can be found here. A Content Moderator or Administrator has the power to unlock and edit profiles that are otherwise inaccessible.
Edit: Also since you wanted Soldier, here he is.
Thank you. I did not know how to search for names before.

Anyways. Blue has been summoned.

Edit: Are there any other staf that are knowledgeable in and/or like Halo?

High 8-C to 8-B with physical strikes makes sense to me given his sheer size and the fact that he can effortlessly overpower John and Thel with a single one of his tentacles.

Graveminds can indeed wipe out all life on a planet but that is over time and via infecting all life via Flood spores. Said spores can also affect the atmosphere and transform it completely (like how the local atmosphere past the sentinel wall was all green and disgusting as we see in the Halo 2 levels Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone).

The Gravemind did manage to royally mess up High Charity quickly after getting onto it. That'd be Low 6-B environmental detruction given High Charity's size. He'd also get range of hundreds of kilometres seeing as how his tentacles seemingly spread across high charity.

The Gravemind was also able to communicate with John telepathically throughout High Charity. So that's hundreds of kilometres range with telepathy as well.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That, and you easily type User:Username in the search to find who you're looking for.
Anyway, Fan's proposals seem reasonable, but it would say Thousands of Kilometers for range.
Why thousands of kilometres?

Soldier Blue said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
Why thousands of kilometres?
It was the same as "Country" level range. Anyways I looked at what you proposed and I think its good.

So Low 6-B enviromental destruction and at least High 8-C yo 8-B AP and dura by virtue of size?

Hundreds or thousands; wasn't sure which one fit Country level better, but I suppose Small Country level is reasonable also. So Hundreds of kilometers for range?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Hundreds or thousands; wasn't sure which one fit Country level better, but I suppose Small Country level is reasonable also. So Hundreds of kilometers for range?
Yeah, most likely. Since spreading across High Charity is a more concrete feat to go off of.

Anyways are there any other staff that should look at this for a change to go through? Witch version should we all agree on. FanoFRPG's propsal or Solider Blue's? Think we need some more people to comment on this.

I suppose Soldier Blue's, but lets wait for FanofRPG's to respond again.

High charity being consumed by the Gravemind is 6-A, so I think tier 6 in general is best for him

High Charity is 348 kilometers in diameter, but maybe FanofRPGs has a calc for it, and proof that it's higher than Low 6-B?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
High Charity is 348 kilometers in diameter, but maybe FanofRPGs has a calc for it, and proof that it's higher than Low 6-B?
Let me put it this way

HighCharity-scale-1

This thing would be much bulkier than some continental plate, and its >300 km in size too. It would be 6-A to infect and assimilate it. At the very least, high 6-B.

It would still be High 8-C to 8-B physically. The Tier 6 rating is due to hax and/or environmental destruction and not something Gravemind uses for slamming into nearby enemies for example. Although, it still scales to the durability and would have at least hundreds of kilometers for range. Striking Strength would just be Large Building Class+ to City Block Class. Would also have Class M lifting strength.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It would still be High 8-C to 8-B physically. The Tier 6 rating is due to hax and/or environmental destruction and not something Gravemind uses for slamming into nearby enemies for example. Although, it still scales to the durability and would have at least hundreds of kilometers for range. Striking Strength would just be Large Building Class+ to City Block Class. Would also have Class M lifting strength.
I beleive The Gravemind would be a solid 8-B since his size is above that of a High 8-C if I'm not wrong.

Actually, I noticed the Gravemind is still tiny compared to the Empire State Building (Empire State Building is 1250 feet) which is a solid High 8-C. So it's actually more like 8-C to High 8-C.

Edit: According to this 100 meters is the requirement for High 8-C via sheer size. So it's more like a Building level+ unless kinetic energy can yield possible higher rating.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Actually, I noticed the Gravemind is still tiny compared to the Empire State Building (Empire State Building is 1250 feet) which is a solid High 8-C. So it's actually more like 8-C to High 8-C.
Edit: According to this 100 meters is the requirement for High 8-C via sheer size. So it's more like a Building level+ unless kinetic energy can yield possible higher rating.
That's weird. Kong from the new Skull Island gained a High 8-C to 8-B rating via his size. And he's a good 178 feet shorter than the Gravemind.

Well, it's also important to note that their shape may be different. And it also depends on like the speed combined with the size to get kinetic energy among other things.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well, it's also important to note that their shape may be different. And it also depends on like the speed combined with the size to get kinetic energy among other things.
The Gravemind is no twig. It still has hundreds to thousands of tentacles and can become even larger when collecting more biomass. If not City Block Level, then we can settle for Large Building Level+

Well no, I never implied he is, but he is serpent like with but with multiple tentacles. Scratch that, he's basically like a giant Venus Flytrap. Where as King Kong is a giant gorilla with big beefy arms and legs. So yeah, not saying Gravemind is thin, but not saying he's super buff either. Large Building level I agree does seem reasonable though.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well no, I never implied he is, but he is serpent like with but with multiple tentacles. Scratch that, he's basically like a giant Venus Flytrap. Where as King Kong is a giant gorilla with big beefy arms and legs. So yeah, not saying Gravemind is thin, but not saying he's super buff either. Large Building level I agree does seem reasonable though.
Yeah lets stick with this for now untill we can get more imput.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back