• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Gacha Life community has good writing and talent. Change my mind

I'm getting the impression that nearly everyone in this forum hates the Gacha Life due to it's bad side being mostly shown in-front of their faces. The same thing happens with haters of this site and forum. I guess we should give this forum the same treatment if we're not going to give the good side of the gacha life community a chance...

I stayed in the gacha life community due to the talented animators and writing they can have. I dare all of you repliers to change my mind.

Last edited:
I'm getting the impression that everyone in this forum hates the Gacha Life due to it's bad side being mostly shown in-front of their faces. The same thing happens with haters of this site and forum. I guess we should give this forum the same treatment if we're not going to give the good side of the gacha life community a chance...

I stayed in the gacha life community due to the talented animators and writing they can have. I dare all of you repliers to change my mind.
Wait what the heck? I have not seen anyone hate on Gacha Life for the entire time I've been here... (then again I may not have been around enough)
Also this thread would not be out of place on Reddit welp.
In any case, I did not comment to disagree, I just came to state my view, and also in fact to say that I agree that the Gacha Life/Club community (especially Youtubers who animate and upload their GLMMs/GCMMs, and honestly I prefer the Gacha Life style over the Gacha Club style) makes good stories, though they often use the same themes and story concepts but with their own unique twists on them, which, to be fair, is what entertainment kinda does most of the time.
(Same goes for the stick figure animation community like Hyun's Dojo, and sketch animators like Domics, Sultan Sketches, Emirichu, Illymation, etc)
Ironically enough I guess that means I'm disproving the absolute statement about everyone hating Gacha Life. 😐😂😅

Wait what the heck? I have not seen anyone hate on Gacha Life for the entire time I've been here... (then again I may not have been around enough)
Also this thread would not be out of place on Reddit welp.
In any case, I did not comment to disagree, I just came to state my view, and also in fact to say that I agree that the Gacha Life/Club community (especially Youtubers who animate and upload their GLMMs/GCMMs, and honestly I prefer the Gacha Life style over the Gacha Club style) makes good stories, though they often use the same themes and story concepts but with their own unique twists on them, which, to be fair, is what entertainment kinda does most of the time.
(Same goes for the stick figure animation community like Hyun's Dojo, and sketch animators like Domics, Sultan Sketches, Emirichu, Illymation, etc)
Surprised you'd be interested in a topic like this.

If you look up the term "gacha life" in the search function of the forum. Lots of people are either uninterested or just straight up roast the entire community when you should only make fun of the bad parts.

If you want to have a good idea on how most people on-forum treat Gacha life, look up the matches and opponents of this verse. And the wiki vandalism report on why Gacha life is on FC/OC. There's definitely bias behind the vandalism report despite the arguments being logical and foundations for Gacha life verses being on FC/OC.

Surprised you'd be interested in a topic like this.

If you look up the term "gacha life" in the search function of the forum. Lots of people are either uninterested or just straight up roast the entire community when you should only make fun of the bad parts.

If you want to have a good idea on how most people on-forum treat Gacha life, look up the matches and opponents of this verse. And the wiki vandalism report on why Gacha life is on FC/OC. There's definitely bias behind the vandalism report despite the arguments being logical and foundations for Gacha life verses being on FC/OC.
I just searched up those keywords, welp yeah I saw a rant about Gacha Life as well:

I mean, animation in general (Gacha, stick figure, manhua/donghua/manga/anime/manhwa/aeni/comics, Youtuber slice of life animations, comic dub animations, etc etc) has appeared in the forum as a discussion topic quite often and I view such media quite a lot as well so I'm pretty sure quite a few people here are interested and this would explain why I joined the thread and why I'm interested in this topic in general.

But yeah I can see why people would roast Gacha Life since it's a bit more... rough in aesthetics and animation (oftentimes using screenshots to make a video which makes the animation seem more clunky) similar to stop-motion or claymation as compared to other types of animation like with Flash, Unity, Pivot, etc which are often seen as smoother, more fluid and more aesthetically pleasing (though then again tracing exists for those which is another matter of contention in the animating community overall), but I enjoy the storytelling regardless of the animation type and admire the effort put in by the creators to make such content pleasing for their audiences since I can find the videos either funny/interesting and entertaining or deeply relatable (or both), which I hope other people can also learn to do instead of simply bashing or sucking up (as in either overly hating and ignoring the positives or overly loving and ignoring the negatives) since it helps with understanding the concept of nuance.

I just searched up those keywords, welp yeah I saw a rant about Gacha Life as well:

I mean, animation in general (Gacha, stick figure, manhua/donghua/manga/anime/manhwa/aeni/comics, Youtuber slice of life animations, comic dub animations, etc etc) has appeared in the forum as a discussion topic quite often and I view such media quite a lot as well so I'm pretty sure quite a few people here are interested and this would explain why I joined the thread and why I'm interested in this topic in general.

But yeah I can see why people would roast Gacha Life since it's a bit more... rough in aesthetics and animation (oftentimes using screenshots to make a video which makes the animation seem more clunky) similar to stop-motion or claymation as compared to other types of animation like with Flash, Unity, Pivot, etc which are often seen as smoother, more fluid and more aesthetically pleasing (though then again tracing exists for those which is another matter of contention in the animating community overall), but I enjoy the storytelling regardless of the animation type and admire the effort put in by the creators to make such content pleasing for their audiences since I can find the videos either funny/interesting and entertaining or deeply relatable (or both), which I hope other people can also learn to do instead of simply bashing or sucking up (as in either overly hating and ignoring the positives or overly loving and ignoring the negatives) since it helps with understanding the concept of nuance.
Much of the community is also comprised or kids and teens that have access to mature content, leading to more cringe.
Though there are animators that negate the roughness of the visuals.

If you're interested in chatting about gacha life stuff, I have a Cutespud tournament, discussion thread, CRT, etc. Your choice.

Much of the community is also comprised or kids and teens that have access to mature content, leading to more cringe.
Though there are animators that negate the roughness of the visuals.

If you're interested in chatting about gacha life stuff, I have a Cutespud tournament, discussion thread, CRT, etc. Your choice.
I could use the Discussion Thread. Could you send over a link perhaps? Please and thanks. (I might have seen the thread when searching but need to know which thread I should go to specifically.)
Edit: I think I found it?

Back