• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Final Fantasy Verse-Wide Revisions You've All Been Waiting For (Dissidia + Gilgamesh Editions)

I think it could just be selectively canon

Not canon for some games like XV or VI, but canon to 1 or the overall cosmology

Which is weird, but it's been done before, and would still get another key on whoever shows up.

It's worth nothing that the Dissidia Games also contradict the Remake of Final Fantasy III, which is where most of the Cloud of Darkness stuff comes from.

Pretty much all final fantasy spin offs are canon to the multiverse, it's just there's no official linear continuity. That being said, we should avoid direct head-canons whenever possible and just because we don't know the exact canon doesn't mean it's without outliers/PIS. It takes place before the 1st since one of the endings follows the beginning of the first. But every other FF is just a, "We don't know where or when it takes place." They could be pre beginning, post end game, or somewhere in the middle for the others. But assumptions should be avoided and they will be seen as inconsistent unless otherwise stated.

Medeus pretty much nailed. The only game which Dissidia fits with is Final Fantasy I since I has no story whatsoever and Dissidia pretty much built that world and characters from the ground up.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That being said, we should avoid direct head-canons whenever possible and just because we don't know the exact canon doesn't mean it's without outliers/PIS.
We should probably clarify what headcanon actually means before we continue.

Headcanon (or head canon, head-canon) is a fan's personal, idiosyncratic (a mode of behavior or way of thought peculiar to an individual) interpretation of canon, such as habits of a character, the backstory of a character, or the nature of relationships between characters.
So, headcanon is the idea of someone thinking something outside of the text, in shorthand. Often, this can directly contradict the actual text or has no support whatsoever

How is saying that it's not canon for everything a direct contradiction to what we see? Terra for example can turn into an Esper and use magic, something that she completely lost after FF6. Why can't Noctis have the same ordeal where it doesn't fit into the actual timeline and wouldn't be canon to the main story?

That last paragraph simply suggests that Dissidia NT is simply not a direct sequal to VI or XV. This Tier 2 would be outliers for them.

Different canon, different feats. It's how we treat basically anything.

And even then, on the FFVI end, they have like one 5-A feat and it's basically done on a whim by Kefka flexing godhood

It's not a different canon either, it is canon we just don't know where it takes place. Making a key for just one random moment is basically just hiding outliers.

It's not an outlier when the one other notable feat of AP is casual

No comment on XV but just having way higher feats isn't an outlier, it's having way higher feats that are inconsistent with the other feats they normally perform.

The 5-A feat came from the Warring Triad, who are god tier within VI and were the main force that made Kefka 5-A to begin with. Base Kefka is only 6-A. Low 2-C is not consistent for VI. Also, Gilgamesh isn't even a god tier in his base form where he is above God Kefka but still an occurring punching bag in FFV. His transformed state is more of a challenge, but his base key has been getting his ass kicked rather early. A whole bunch of Early Mid game protagonists would be Tier 2 if we took Dissidia's scaling literally.

So… shouldn't our current Dissidia profiles get upgraded then? Also most characters who scale to transformed Gilgamesh need downgrades since they scale to a feat done by 8 arm Gilgamesh but only fought 6 arm Gilgamesh

The High 6-A feat doesn't even come from anywhere, and Kefka, who's supposed to be greatly Superior to High 6-As, is casually overpowered by the party. The 5-a feat is again, done with ease.

I already said I don't know much about Gilgamesh, and I know far too little to honestly try to argue for Low 2-C everyone. Just Dissidia keys, which are seperate from the main games.

Chaos wasn't that far behind Shinryu, in Confessions of the Creator (yes, I know, can't be counted technically, but still) Chaos went mad with power, and either stalemated or defeated Shinryu.

Jmanghan said:
Chaos wasn't that far behind Shinryu, in Confessions of the Creator (yes, I know, can't be counted technically, but still) Chaos went mad with power, and either stalemated or defeated Shinryu.
Yes but that was after winning 18 cycles in a row and becoming Feral Chaos and Shinryu Verus respectively.

Hst master said:
Jmanghan said:
Yes but that was after winning 18 cycles in a row and becoming Feral Chaos and Shinryu Verus respectively.
Feral Chaos is just Chaos gone mad, and yeah I get that, but 013 isn't that far behind. It's 5 cycles, do we even know how much power he gains per cycle?

It doesn't really matter anyway, Chronodia is like 3.5x stronger then any version of Chaos.

I am confused about something. What about those who defeated Shinryu and Omega in their games? Were those avatars, weakened versions, the true Shinryu and Omega but nowhere near at their full power?

Omega was retconned into being weaker v created by the true Omega so their's that, unsure about Shinryu (also Omega really needs an upgrade thanks to 14)

IIRC there's multiple models of Omega and Shinryu gets stronger per cycle and regardless of who wins unless the cycle is broken, so it's hard to gauge whether the Shinryu that was fought in each game was at his at the time full strength or not. The only time we've seen him at peak is NT.

Shinryu does have some notable Tier 2 feats in Dissidia, but he's also inconsistent in many games he's in. Feral Chaos and Chaos aren't the same Chaos, they're comparable in power, but different characters.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Shinryu does have some notable Tier 2 feats in Dissidia, but he's also inconsistent in many games he's in. Feral Chaos and Chaos aren't the same Chaos, they're comparable in power, but different characters.
Shinryu using the Cycles of War to grow stronger could actually help explain those inconsistencies. Perhaps he grew exponentially stronger betwen feats. Speaking of, can you mention them? I am genuinely curious about them

IIRC Feral Chaos was essentially a "What if" Chaos. Kinda like an alternate future one.

Dude, the thought they mass produced Omegas is pretty scary

That Dissidia is non-canon because it conflicts with timelines directly.

It's supposed to be complementary to NT, as the world their in in Opera Omnia isn't World B, It was created by Spiritus and Materia to let them rest from the cycle.

Hst master said:
That Dissidia is non-canon because it conflicts with timelines directly.
It's supposed to be complementary to NT, as the world their in in Opera Omnia isn't World B, It was created by Spiritus and Materia to let them rest from the cycle.
Oh, okay.

Well on Dissidia 012 and it's sequel the warriors of cosmos are said to powered by cosmos and the warriors of Chaos are well directly powered by Chaos, during the whole game and even after cosmos "died" she gave crystals to the heroes that contained her powers.

Anyway there's nothing wrong with Dissidia characters being on that level since in Dissidia lore they are all powered up to be equals hence the reason why Chaos created Manakins if he can't overpowered them he sure as hell can overwhelm them.

AshenCrow777 said:
Well on Dissidia 012 and it's sequel the warriors of cosmos are said to powered by cosmos and the warriors of Chaos are well directly powered by Chaos, during the whole game and even after cosmos "died" she gave crystals to the heroes that contained her powers.
Anyway there's nothing wrong with Dissidia characters being on that level since in Dissidia lore they are all powered up to be equals hence the reason why Chaos created Manakins if he can't overpowered them he sure as hell can overwhelm them.
They may be equals, but their games take place after Dissidia 012 and 013.

I know that, that's why we have keys for a reason heck we can even disregard DissidiaNT if we have to.

But there's no reason for 012 and 013 to not have their own profiles especially since at least the lore of these 2 games are way more consistent.

Theres absolutely no reason for it to not be its own thing.

AshenCrow777 said:
I know that, that's why we have keys for a reason heck we can even disregard DissidiaNT if we have to.
But there's no reason for 012 and 013 to not have their own profiles especially since at least the lore of these 2 games are way more consistent.

Theres absolutely no reason for it to not be its own thing.

NT is how we link the mainline games and the Dissidia games together. 012 doesn't link the rest of the games together, NT is canon to Dissidia and 012, we know this because both the events of original mainline games AND the original Dissidia's are directly referenced by multiple characters, including the Warrior of Light, Lightning, etc. Sorry if my argument's

Screen writers, game directors and everyone else comfirmed that the order of the timeline was "As for the chronological order, it goes PSP version  PS4 version  arcade."

That means 012 and 013 comes before Dissidia Nt so that means they can be completely independent from Dissidia NY because the lore is more consistent and it explains why everyone can go toe to toe with each other.

DNT is more like a soft reboot, continuation of the main story purposely set in world B so that it wouldn't clash with world A.

012 Link's itself to 013 while DNT might be a continuation it kinds of cashes or forget important things.

All I'm saying is for now it's better that we do separate Keys for 012/013 and do a separate one for NT.

AshenCrow777 said:
Screen writers, game directors and everyone else comfirmed that the order of the timeline was "As for the chronological order, it goes PSP version  PS4 version  arcade."

That means 012 and 013 comes before Dissidia Nt so that means they can be completely independent from Dissidia NY because the lore is more consistent and it explains why everyone can go toe to toe with each other.

DNT is more like a soft reboot, continuation of the main story purposely set in world B so that it wouldn't clash with world A.

012 Link's itself to 013 while DNT might be a continuation it kinds of cashes or forget important things.

All I'm saying is for now it's better that we do separate Keys for 012/013 and do a separate one for NT.
I guess, but it's treated as a direct continuation through-out the story. I'm not sure about the inconsistencies, but what I do know for a fact is that in like the first 10 seconds, Lightning thinks it's Cosmos and Chaos who summoned them. Then later on it's stated that Materia and Spiritus have inheritated Cosmos and Chaos' wills.

I don't think you can just disregard a direct continuation like that, no offence, even if there are plotholes.

I thought the reason they can go toe-to-toe with each other is because Shinryu is feeding off their strength? 012 contradicts the original Dissidia as well, because in the original it's alluded that literally EVERYONE is a manikin, not just the WoL, whereas in 012 it's shown that they're the same characters from the original.

012 is technically the first dissidia them thinking they were Manakins was later revealed that it was just a theory and they were getting desperate because they were fighting a losing battle.

Later there are several entries and a muggle that comfirms that you are not Manakins, they literally say in both 012 and 013 that you are warriors from different worlds heck even the original ending of 012 shows you and the gang going back home.

So yeah no one is a Manakins hell also it was Onion Knights fault for coming up with that weird theory because even Cosmos kinds of says they are warriors from different worlds.

We actually can disregard direct continuations if they just give outliers to everyone I mean how are we supposed to scale someone like noctis?

That's why Dissidia should be it's own separate verse with its own profile independent from the main franchise.

Thag would help a lot with the power levels.

And again 012 comes before everything it is considered the first and it actually add on more supporting lore, and fixed parts of the series and was the one that brought the concept of cycles.

@All staff members

So what should we do here?

I think it was generally disagreed on giving everyone Dissidia keys and that only the Final Fantasy 1 cast should scale from the Dissidia bosses.

People are actually mostly netural on that, considering my points were never properly addressed.

Let people actually decide what they want instead of haphazardly asking staff for a conclusion

Back