• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Father of Chakra Vs The Father of the Quincy

It still has an AP rating that isn't ED so it's combat applicable.

Low 5-B LS doesn't exist

Read his profile.

This may be one of the worst things I've heard.

Lifting strength is what's required to resistance Gravity. That's how pulling forces work.

Just because Gravity affects air pressure doesn't mean it could be affected by matter manipulation.
The claim about lifting strength and gravity resistance is fundamentally flawed. While gravity does influence air pressure, it's not the primary factor in lifting or pulling forces. Strength in lifting or pulling primarily involves muscle contractions overcoming the weight of an object, which is a result of gravitational force, not a direct resistance to gravity itself. The relationship between gravity and matter manipulation is also misunderstood here. Gravity is a fundamental force of nature, acting on all matter, and cannot be directly "resisted" or manipulated in the way suggested. The principles of biomechanics and physics clearly demonstrate that lifting strength is about force production by muscles, not some special ability to counteract gravity.

My statement about the relationship between gravity and atmospheric pressure is indeed correct.

Gravity plays a fundamental role in shaping planetary atmospheres. It's the force that keeps gas molecules bound to a planet, preventing them from escaping into space. As gravity pulls air molecules downward, it creates a gradient of pressure from the surface upwards.

At lower altitudes, the weight of all the air above compresses the molecules, increasing both pressure and density. This is why we experience higher atmospheric pressure at sea level compared to on a mountaintop. As you ascend in altitude, there's less air above you, resulting in lower pressure and density.

The strength of a planet's gravity directly influences how compressed its atmosphere becomes. Larger, more massive planets with stronger gravitational fields, like Jupiter or Saturn, have extremely dense atmospheres with intense pressures. In contrast, smaller bodies with weaker gravity, like Mars, have thin atmospheres with low pressure.

This principle is well-established in planetary science and atmospheric physics. It's the reason why atmospheric pressure decreases as you climb a mountain, and why space agencies must account for the intense atmospheric pressures when designing probes to explore gas giants.

The claim about lifting strength and gravity resistance is fundamentally flawed. While gravity does influence air pressure, it's not the primary factor in lifting or pulling forces. Strength in lifting or pulling primarily involves muscle contractions overcoming the weight of an object, which is a result of gravitational force, not a direct resistance to gravity itself.
This is incorrect. When we talk about localized Gravity abilities in fiction, the assumption is always that you need to overcome their strength with your own strength, which is just lifting strength.
The principles of biomechanics and physics clearly demonstrate that lifting strength is about force production by muscles, not some special ability to counteract gravity.
Gravity is a pulling force. If a character has a greater pulling force than the gravity ability then they resist it. Not hard.
Gravity plays a fundamental role in shaping planetary atmospheres. It's the force that keeps gas molecules bound to a planet, preventing them from escaping into space. As gravity pulls air molecules downward, it creates a gradient of pressure from the surface upwards.

At lower altitudes, the weight of all the air above compresses the molecules, increasing both pressure and density. This is why we experience higher atmospheric pressure at sea level compared to on a mountaintop. As you ascend in altitude, there's less air above you, resulting in lower pressure and density.

The strength of a planet's gravity directly influences how compressed its atmosphere becomes. Larger, more massive planets with stronger gravitational fields, like Jupiter or Saturn, have extremely dense atmospheres with intense pressures. In contrast, smaller bodies with weaker gravity, like Mars, have thin atmospheres with low pressure.

This principle is well-established in planetary science and atmospheric physics. It's the reason why atmospheric pressure decreases as you climb a mountain, and why space agencies must account for the intense atmospheric pressures when designing probes to explore gas giants.
Gravity affecting atmosphere ≠ you can directly matter manip gravity. You still have yet to respond to that argument

This is incorrect. When we talk about localized Gravity abilities in fiction, the assumption is always that you need to overcome their strength with your own strength, which is just lifting strength.

You made that assumption. I went with physics. Do the math. Non-fiction > fiction.

Gravity is a pulling force. If a character has a greater pulling force than the gravity ability then they resist it. Not hard.

That would be giving feats to characters ala DBZ style. Yhwach's hax can affect gravity by manipulating the other factors in the atmosphere as shown in the source material.
Gravity affecting atmosphere ≠ you can directly matter manip gravity. You still have yet to respond to that argument
Never claimed any of this sort. Is a side-effect.

You made that assumption. I went with physics. Do the math. Non-fiction > fiction.
Are you dim? You realize these are fictional characters right?

I'm just telling you how Gravity manipulation is treated on this site. Pulling force a vs pulling force B, which is better?
That would be giving feats to characters ala DBZ style. Yhwach's hax can affect gravity by manipulating the other factors in the atmosphere as shown in the source material.
Complete non sequitur.

I've already told you this multiple times. Affecting the things gravity affects isn't affecting gravity itself.
Never claimed any of this sort. Is a side-effect.
That's exactly what's entailed when you make that claim. There's no distinction between what and what you've said. It's just a ridiculous view.

Are you dim? You realize these are fictional characters right?

I'm just telling you how Gravity manipulation is treated on this site. Pulling force a vs pulling force B, which is better?

Complete non sequitur.

I've already told you this multiple times. Affecting the things gravity affects isn't affecting gravity itself.

That's exactly what's entailed when you make that claim. There's no distinction between what and what you've said. It's just a ridiculous view.
Yhwach's hax affect gravity by manipulating the atmosphere through other means. Is not gravity manipulation. I already said that. But I will concede on this matter as it seems this is going nowhere.

Now how will Hagoromo counter this hax to his Chibaku tensei style-sealing technique:
Yhwach can simply push aside the "Rocks" or blow them up. He can't get sealed with gravity alone if there are no rocks.

Yhwach's hax affect gravity by manipulating the atmosphere through other means. Is not gravity manipulation. I already said that. But I will concede on this matter as it seems this is going nowhere.

Now how will Hagoromo counter this hax to his Chibaku tensei style-sealing technique:
Yhwach can simply push aside the "Rocks" or blow them up. He can't get sealed with gravity alone if there are no rocks.
To play devil's advocate here, Yhwach would probably be overpowered by his class Z LS if he tried that.

You can argue that Yhwach has Blue Vene Anhaben which can corrupt the rocks if they enter his space, or that Uryu can Antithesis GG it to unf*** Yhwach.

By the way, Hags still has wincons such as having a TK one shot without Blue Vene or TSOs, as well as potentially genjutsu (which is rather unlikely because he sealed his mother because of it).

So this isn't a stomp

To play devil's advocate here, Yhwach would probably be overpowered by his class Z LS if he tried that.

You can argue that Yhwach has Blue Vene Anhaben which can corrupt the rocks if they enter his space, or that Uryu can Antithesis GG it to unf*** Yhwach.
Blut Vene Anahaben would prevent the rocks from touching Yhwach for a time, but he could still be ragdolled from inside the shield by gravity. It only corroded and takes over bodies.

There's also the argument that they'll penetrate the shield with time due to the AP discrepancy in there Low 5-B scales.

Last edited:
Blut Vene Anahaben would prevent the rocks from touching Yhwach for a time, but he could still be ragdolled from inside the shield by gravity. It only corroded things that touch Yhwach
Has Chibaku gravity alone ever crushed a person?
There's also the argument that they'll penetrate the shield with time due to the AP discrepancy in there Low 5-B scales.
Hags is still also getting jumped, so that time will likely not be possible because he still has to worry about the sterns, meaning that gives time for a sternritter to get him out of it like Uryu.

Nianzol is one of the most important sternritters Yhwach can use for defense, strange we haven't talked about him really. He could just spatially warp rocks away tbh, or teleport him away like Uryu can.
Has Chibaku gravity alone ever crushed a person?
I was referring to Bansho Tenin and Shinra Tensei
Hags is still also getting jumped, so that time will likely not be possible because he still has to worry about the sterns, meaning that gives time for a sternritter to get him out of it like Uryu.
It doesn't take so6p rinnegan users like Sasuke and Madara to spam rinnegan chibaku tenseis very quickly. He can just throw out multiple gravity spheres.

Dudes arsenal is vast. He can throw out clones or the Juubi to aid him too.

Nianzol is one of the most important sternritters Yhwach can use for defense, strange we haven't talked about him really.
He's kinda hard to think of when it comes down to his ability because of his spatial manipulation and wondering what other funky shit it can do.
He could just spatially warp rocks away tbh, or teleport him away like Uryu can.
Yeah, I forgot he can teleport.
Ah. Those are forces of attraction and repelling. Both wouldn't be a problem
It doesn't take so6p rinnegan users like Sasuke and Madara to spam rinnegan chibaku tenseis very quickly. He can just throw out multiple gravity spheres.
Gerard and Pernida aren't gonna be held for very long. The Compulsory is going to adapt to that and The Miracle is going to straight up "f*** you" the chibaku. All it takes is the words "It would be a miracle if I broke out of this meteor" or some shit. As for Uryu, Antithesis bs' his way out. I don't even think Lille is getting affected that much either considering his intangibility, meaning he's likely gonna just phase out of the rocks in base. Vollstandig is even worse because he's definitely able to break out once someone undoes the gravity.

Gerard and Pernida aren't gonna be held for very long. The Compulsory is going to adapt to that and The Miracle is going to straight up "f*** you" the chibaku. All it takes is the words "It would be a miracle if I broke out of this meteor" or some shit. As for Uryu, Antithesis bs' his way out. I don't even think Lille is getting affected that much either considering his intangibility, meaning he's likely gonna just phase out of the rocks in base. Vollstandig is even worse because he's definitely able to break out once someone undoes the gravity.
Aside from Lille, they all lack the LS to even move.

Wouldn’t Jugram ability to affect fortune make it so that if the attack is successful then it would come undone? Wouldn’t the miracle get Gerard free?
I addressed that Gerard can break free already, also I'm pretty sure the Balance only works if the attack hits the Freund Schild.

Nianzol is one of the most important sternritters Yhwach can use for defense, strange we haven't talked about him really. He could just spatially warp rocks away tbh, or teleport him away like Uryu can.

Dudes arsenal is vast. He can throw out clones or the Juubi to aid him too.
I think I will lean towards Hagoromo in this debate because of this reasons. I forgot he can use clone jutsu and spam chibaku to every single Quincy at the same time. Gravity is not tangible. Lille gets hit.

Back